Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

robinph wrote: »
    I've just got a couple of emails from the Dutch site asking for the passport numbers of each person that I've got tickets for. Anyone else had this from other sites they have bought from?

Got that email too, thats gonna be a royal pain in the hole contacting eveyone. Why cant they just send us our tickets? They were quick enough to take our cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I've just got a couple of emails from the Dutch site asking for the passport numbers of each person that I've got tickets for. Anyone else had this from other sites they have bought from?

I got that today too, thanks for the reminder, I knew there was something I needed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Were all of yee charged €50 postage for your tickets on the Dutch site? Was looking for 2 x €26 tickets (plus total tax of €12) for the men's swimming marathon, Tuesday gone, and didn't bother with that postage cost. Will go along on the day. Would have paid it for the more expensive Athletics tickets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Were all of yee charged €50 postage for your tickets on the Dutch site? Was looking for 2 x €26 tickets (plus total tax of €12) for the men's swimming marathon, Tuesday gone, and didn't bother with that postage cost. Will go along on the day. Would have paid it for the more expensive Athletics tickets.

Yep, and they have charged me the €50 for each order separately. I've been charged €50x2 from the Dutch site, €28 from the French site and £6x2 from the UK site just for the postage costs.

Yep, and they have charged me the €50 for each order separately. I've been charged €50x2 from the Dutch site, €28 from the French site and £6x2 from the UK site just for the postage costs.

That's a joke. Really would like to go to the swimming marathon, especially if Chris Bryan qualifies, but on principle couldn't bring myself to press 'checkout'. Sounds like it's run by Ryanair.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think I got charged £50 too, although had I known I'd have got tickets from London, or had I got tickets already, I might not have bothered with the Dutch site. But sure it would have been a brave man/woman who'd have passed up them up :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think I'd still have been disappointed if I ended up with only the athletics and the cycling. Having a bunch of other stuff that I wouldn't have gone for otherwise is good I think.

I think I'd still have been disappointed if I ended up with only the athletics and the cycling. Having a bunch of other stuff that I wouldn't have gone for otherwise is good I think.

We've been before for a couple of weeks with a different sport every morning, afternoon, and athletics every evening, military precision! The track cycling was incredible, thou wish had spent more time getting each races' rules down prior. Besides Athletics and the cycling track, swimming was phenomenal. Have 2 spare £95 tickets for women's boxing finals Thursday 9th. PM me if anyone on here interested.

Was that €50 on top of the €50 they charged when we made the order for being "outside nederlanden". Hopefully not but if it is i may be giving my dutch cousins a call.

Have people been truthful with the passport numbers? Its a little awkward asking 2 people i got tickets for, i dont know them that well at all. I wonder if i use my bro's/sisters one will it make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlasAnAlias

He's looking for €800 for 2 £50 Category E Athletic tickets and 2 Category D £95 Boxing tickets (£290 = €800 = Ticket Tout).
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sporttickets/3503650
    August 8th - Olympic Stadium - Athletics Evening Session - Usain Bolt etc.. & 4 Other Final's
    August 9th - Boxing Centre - Katie Taylor's event Final + All the remaining Women's Boxing Final's
    Price includes 2 Tickets for each event ,The tickets also come with 2 x London Travel Pass for each day. This would make a great 2 day visit to the games , Genuine Reason for Selling. Price: €800. Call Declan on 0879937564

And this from the London ticketing website
    All Ticket Holders are advised that, under s.31 of the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Act 2006, it is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE to sell a Ticket in a public place or in the course of business and otherwise than in accordance with the authorisation of LOCOG. Ticket Holders are referred to http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/12/section/31.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

He's looking for €800 for 2 £50 Category E Athletic tickets and 2 Category D £95 Boxing tickets (£290 = €800 = Ticket Tout).
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sporttickets/3503650
    August 8th - Olympic Stadium - Athletics Evening Session - Usain Bolt etc.. & 4 Other Final's
    August 9th - Boxing Centre - Katie Taylor's event Final + All the remaining Women's Boxing Final's
    Price includes 2 Tickets for each event ,The tickets also come with 2 x London Travel Pass for each day. This would make a great 2 day visit to the games , Genuine Reason for Selling. Price: €800. Call Declan on 0879937564

And this from the London ticketing website
    All Ticket Holders are advised that, under s.31 of the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Act 2006, it is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE to sell a Ticket in a public place or in the course of business and otherwise than in accordance with the authorisation of LOCOG. Ticket Holders are referred to http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/12/section/31.

Haha what a chancer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Genuine Reason for Selling.
    Genuine reason for selling = wants to make a profit.

Was that €50 on top of the €50 they charged when we made the order for being "outside nederlanden". Hopefully not but if it is i may be giving my dutch cousins a call.

Have people been truthful with the passport numbers? Its a little awkward asking 2 people i got tickets for, i dont know them that well at all. I wonder if i use my bro's/sisters one will it make any difference?

It was a once off €50 for postage. So the two €26 tickets were costing €115. Don't see why you can't use any passport numbers. The people you got them for, thou, will probably be quite happy to give you the numbers given the reward :)

I sent an email to the ATP site asking them what the passport thing was about and just got this back:
    Thank you for your mail.
    We need to give the passport details to LOCOG in England in case of emergency.
    It is an agreement we have with them.

Not sure what emergency it is that needs LOCOG to have our passport numbers, which won't be on the tickets, so no way of linking a person in the event to a particular passport number via this system. It also didn't ask for the country that the passport was from, just the city and I just put us all down for the same place.

Just seen on Bookface that one of my mates now has their actual tickets.

Hurry up postie...

Just seen on Bookface that one of my mates now has their actual tickets.

Hurry up postie...

Yep its the first round of sales tickets that most people have. Ours came last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

As did mine (last Tuesday week), a pair of 50km walk tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 glassmullan

Yep, Its first round and second round that were sent out, i got both last week. note you also get day travel pass for London with all your tickets ( for the day your events are on) nice little extra

Just got my Box Hill cycling tickets, only another 4 deliveries to receive now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Got all my tickets now. Do the travel passes work for unlimited travel anywhere on that day or only to and/or from the event venue?

• Advertisement

The ones that I got with the road cycling are just for that day, but cover zones 1-9. Unfortunately zone 9 does not go out as far as where the cycling is so it's of no use anyway. They will work for unlimited travel on the underground and buses within the specified zones on that day, so you can use them as much as you like.

The ones that I got with the road cycling are just for that day, but cover zones 1-9. Unfortunately zone 9 does not go out as far as where the cycling is so it's of no use anyway. They will work for unlimited travel on the underground and buses within the specified zones on that day, so you can use them as much as you like.

You can use them on the overground (like the DART and goes to Stratford) and mainline national rail services too, as long as its in the zones. All the airports bar Heathrow (which is in zone 6) conveniently fall outside zones 1-9 though.

Will mean I won't need to spend quite as much on my Oyster card now as I'll only need that for my non ticketed days.

Does anyone know when the latest tranche of athletics tickets went on sale yesterday? I checked late last night having been out all day but my excitement was short-lived as only the £725 tickets were left! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 glassmullan

Does anyone know when the latest tranche of athletics tickets went on sale yesterday? I checked late last night having been out all day but my excitement was short-lived as only the £725 tickets were left! :mad:

didn't even know that there was more to go on sale, never got a email or any notification about it. Seen a guy on Gumtree selling Cat B tickets for 750 each, and you can buy Cat AA for 725 on the site now

didn't even know that there was more to go on sale, never got a email or any notification about it. Seen a guy on Gumtree selling Cat B tickets for 750 each, and you can buy Cat AA for 725 on the site now

To be fair i'd prefer if they didnt send notification emails. If they did every man and his dog would be online trying to buy them.

Best that they reward those who persevere and keep checking it regularly.

750 each for cat B is just wrong, hope he doesnt get them sold.

750 each for cat B is just wrong, hope he doesnt get them sold.

He won't if LOCOG get wind of his caper!

Last night there were tickets for 5 athletics sessions available, now only 2. Remarkable how they are still being bought, even at £725 each! I wonder do they throw in a few prawn sandwiches at that price.... :rolleyes:

There are still £30 Category A tickets for the men's 50km walk available (Brendan Boyce, Colin Griffin and Robert Heffernan are competing in that)

Haven't checked myself but apparently there's athletics tickets back up on the Locog site. Just saw someone on Twitter say they got 100m final tickets a couple of hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

None at the mo unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 AlasAnAlias

Genuine reason for selling = wants to make a profit.

Here's the latest Clown, Krusty. €500 each for Category C £150 tickets.

Closing Ceremony - 2012 Olympics | London 2012
    See , Take That , the Who , George Michael , Adel , Blur and many more .... in the Olympic Stadium on the 12th August 2012. Once in a life time gig,
    4 tickets to sell, €500 per ticket, Geniune reason for sale. Call Alan on 0868210796. http://www.donedeal.ie/find/sporttickets/for-sale/Ireland/

Advertisement