Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local Wedding Bands

Options
  • 11-08-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to make a list of local wedding bands as we went to watch the band we originally booked in Dublin yesterday but we're not sure about them anymore as they only played modern songs and we feel they might not understand 'Donegal wedding crowd' well. I saw Kopy Kats at wedding fayre in Derry and thought they were brilliant so they're on the list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

I have booked Keltic kaos for our wedding in October. Played a wedding for people local to us lately and they went down well. Here's hoping they are good for mine too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

XDivaX wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to make a list of local wedding bands as we went to watch the band we originally booked in Dublin yesterday but we're not sure about them anymore as they only played modern songs and we feel they might not understand 'Donegal wedding crowd' well. I saw Kopy Kats at wedding fayre in Derry and thought they were brilliant so they're on the list.

Was it a wedding you seen them?

Most likely the band will play a totally different style depending on the venue they are playing in, in a pub on a night out they will undoubtedly play more modern music.

Did you approach them after the gig and ask them or are you making assumptions?

Anyhow Puntious Pilots (sp?) are a great band although they do play a real mix they are an excellent modern (00's) band.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

I had the big jigs for my wedding, they were brilliant, the dance floor was full all night.

Advertisement