Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

One of the parents back from Boston today brought Millie back 3 coloured tennis balls and a tennis ball in a plastic cover that bounces really high. 1 hour gone and we''re down to just 1 tennis ball :/
    The one branded "tough toys" was the first to go x)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    One of the parents back from Boston today brought Millie back 3 coloured tennis balls and a tennis ball in a plastic cover that bounces really high. 1 hour gone and we''re down to just 1 tennis ball :/

I feel your pain!!;):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

tk123 wrote: »
    +1 and the black GSD ;);)

Don't forget Toomanydogs!!! the gorgeous (and slightly lunny looking) German Shepherd cross :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OK... just in the park there... Bailey was running around playing with one of his friends as I was chatting to her owner - he has his friend with him... All of a sudden I realise that the friend is standing the other dog up on her hind legs and basically holding her in Bailey's face.. I surmised that she must be in heat and he was looking for a reaction from him because I know she's not spayed (Bailey is neutered) sure enough the other guy mentioned in passing later that she's in heat... Like WTF?!?! :eek: The guy must be in his 40s or 50s! I was too disgusted/shocked to say anything - just called Bailey over to me and luckily my friend's husband came along with their dog so we walked over to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

My cat has started to sleep on the radiator. She was stretched out and managed to roll right off it just missing the dogs water dish! Wish i'd caught it on video she looked so dazed when she got up the poor thing... She's asleep on the couch now instead :)

• Advertisement

nala2012 wrote: »
    My cat has started to sleep on the radiator. She was stretched out and managed to roll right off it just missing the dogs water dish! Wish i'd caught it on video she looked so dazed when she got up the poor thing... She's asleep on the couch now instead :)

Do you not have a radiator bed for her - my cat used to cook himself for hours on his! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Was thinking of getting her one but she probably wouldn't use it like her bed and most of the toys! Might get it for christmas if she's good :) her favourite thing is the christmas tree she was up in it before i'd put on the decorations. She's gotten a lot bigger than last year though so finds it harder to climb around it!

Miss Yellow has a toyboy! She never let Marky preen her, which is a sort of slave behaviour anyway, now I not only see Cloud preening her, she preens him back! Not since Sebastian was alive has she let a bird this close to her!

Drake wont be lonely, because he's my brave little guy. So far hand taming is still just putting the hand into the cage, but Drake has taken to curiousity and nibbled my finger, today he put one foot out and grabbed it, then thought better and stood back onto his perch!

The two little ones are working out fantastically.

Had a little skid this morning on black ice (my own fault driving too fast but wasn't on a main road or anything so it was ok) - FAIL :(
    Came home and found out I won some dog toys in a FB competition - WIN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

gavmcg92 wrote: »

I feel your pain! Our Jack Russel, Effie, tears through all her toys. She especially loves the rubber squeaky ones and actively tears them apart to rip out the squeaker!!

We got her this squeaky toy when she was only a pup... she had it for months and it was by far her favourite, R.I.P Fishy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I feel your pain! Our Jack Russel, Effie, tears through all her toys. She especially loves the rubber squeaky ones and actively tears them apart to rip out the squeaker!!

We got her this squeaky toy when she was only a pup... she had it for months and it was by far her favourite, R.I.P Fishy :(

\

:D Yeah in the Millie household it's tennis balls or kong toys. Kong toys are brilliant. So hard to destroy.
    The odd time we try out something new but we have yet to find another toy that is unbreakable. She destroyed 4 of my 8 Gbs of ram last night :( chewed it to pieces... (although better then the pack of paracetamol I found her chewing on at the top of the stairs last week :eek:). She's your classic boxer. Will take anything they know will get a bit of a chase out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My final exams start on Monday, so while I am studying I use the cats 3 tier scratching post as a computer desk. Bottom layer : Books and water, second layer: laptop, third layer: Study buddy!

studybuddy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Leon was 8 months on Wednesday & the "terrible teens" seem to have arrived with a vengeance :(

Had dogs out yesterday afternoon & had to buy coal on way home. Put sack in the back with them & Leon sat on top of it - no problem, it's an estate car so plenty of room. Had to make anther last-minute stop at bank & came out to find Leon had ripped the sack open, so there was coal all over the boot. But he had then squeezed through the gap at the side of the dog guard & sat on every seat (car has CREAM seats :eek:), got the treat bag & scoffed everything in it and was happily sat in the drivers seat, munching away on my sunglasses :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

This cold weather has poor Cordelia confused. I take her out of her viv as soon as I get home, so while I'm in the house she has full access to the house. As basking is so important for her, she knows every hot spot in the house.

Any way she was on the chair with me and wanted to get down, I put her down and she belted towards the patio door, one of her fav spots. However, there is no sun out today; whereas it is generally nice and warm there , it is the opposite today.

It was so funny to see her run so fast, only to slide to a halt, then slow test the temp with her tongue; if I didnt know better I would swear she had a look of contempt on her face; as she waddled off.

She is now fast asleep with one of her blankets over her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Went for a lovely walk on Enniscrone beach today met so many lovely people and their dogs. I miss living near there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Went for a lovely walk on Enniscrone beach today met so many lovely people and their dogs. I miss living near there :(

Typical, I was working in Westport today, not walking locally :rolleyes: Someone stole one of my dog lines from Enniscrone beach last week, so I'm not too impressed with the area at the moment. :p

ISDW wrote: »
    Typical, I was working in Westport today, not walking locally :rolleyes: Someone stole one of my dog lines from Enniscrone beach last week, so I'm not too impressed with the area at the moment. :p

I was looking out for you actually, was telling the OH about you and all your dogs! Met a guy with a gorgeous husky and two other dogs. Was chatting to him for a while.

I was looking out for you actually, was telling the OH about you and all your dogs! Met a guy with a gorgeous husky and two other dogs. Was chatting to him for a while.

Did one of the other dogs only have 3 legs?

Did one of the other dogs only have 3 legs?

Yes a cross collie!

Yes a cross collie!

He's a really nice guy, and that poor dog had a terrible life until NWSPCA got him and then Donald adopted him, now he has a brilliant home. Hmmmm, wonder who the 3rd dog was, maybe he's got another one, will have to investigate :D

• Advertisement

He's a really nice guy, and that poor dog had a terrible life until NWSPCA got him and then Donald adopted him, now he has a brilliant home. Hmmmm, wonder who the 3rd dog was, maybe he's got another one, will have to investigate :D

Aw that's sweet he seemed really nice. The other dog kinda looked like a retriever the colour of an Irish setter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

New poster to this forum! Proud owner of a beautiful miniature Jack Russell :D

So, hi everyone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    New poster to this forum! Proud owner of a beautiful miniature Jack Russell

So, hi everyone.
    Hi Sar_Bear welcome to the forum. We're all a bit mad in here :D:D

anniehoo wrote: »
    We're all a bit mad in here :D:D

Pfff speak for yourself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Pfff speak for yourself :p

Lol!

All the really crazy ones can be found in the Secret Santa thread.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

SHADOW Is getting Excited!

64643_10151356588526718_500328318_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

anniehoo wrote: »
    Hi Sar_Bear welcome to the forum. We're all a bit mad in here :D:D

I'll fit in perfectly so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I can't believe this thread is almost 2 years old now!! I just read the first page and I had posted that we were picking up our foster dog that weekend in Feb 2011.....and yes she's still here, currently lying bum to bum on the sofa with the other dog and going absolutely nowhere (apart from a walk this afternoon...!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I know that this is the chillout thread but I just need to vent!!

Some people are just complete gobshiites:mad::mad::mad::mad:

A few months back an old work colleague posted up on facebook that her dog had a sore paw and was acting out of sorts, very quiet and subdued. I told her to check the pad and in between for cuts, thorns etc and told her if she didn't find anything to go to the vets. Another 'friend' of hers then posted up to give the dog a panadol if he didn't get any better so I immediately posted back that paracetamol was poisonous to dogs and not to give it under any circumstances. The other friend got a bit huffy and made a smart enough retort along the lines of 'well that's me told' and then later on removed her comment about giving the panadol making me look like a bit of an eejit on the thread.

So last night the same work colleague posted up that her dog was only quiet when she gave him chocolate. I immediately posted up that I hoped they were doggie choc drops and not human choc as it contained theobromine and it was poisonous etc. Lo and behold the same stupid friend then pipes up that she thinks it would be funny to give them human chocolate, obviously looking to wind me up in the conversation.

Ok I understand that somebody might not know what is poisonous to dogs but why go so far as to try and wind up somebody you don't know? Also what she suggests, even in jest is just incredibly stupid:confused:

• Advertisement

Some people are just tools - end of! I'm sure I'll bump into a few now as I'm about to head over to the park - the advantages of being unemployed :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement