Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What event shocked you most or hit you hardest? May contain spoilers, obviously

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,224 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TrueDub wrote: »
    He ended up playing a smaller part - another of the dectectives, Ray Something.

No, he played Dennis Mello, the Lieutenant who was with Bunny Colvin. He was the guy with the moustache who'd say "Don't get captured" after briefings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Surprised nobody mentioned
    D'Angelos death. It was pretty sudden and brutal

Also
    some idiot on another thread here made a spoiler about Snoop/Michael. I thought Snoop would end up killing Michael, so was happily shocked when it was vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Saddest for me was Bodie, but there was a build up so I wasn't shocked.

Omar's death did shock me though, properly made me jump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

We all know what happens next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

All of the deaths
    Omar - Just didn't see it coming which was the whole point.

Stringer - Thought he would be involved until the very end.

Frank Sobotka - Great character, sad to see him meet a death like that.

Bodie's death wasn't shocking for me, as it just happened to be the one part of the Wire that I spoiled for myself. Seen a video on Youtube before I finished season 5 which was aptly named 'Bodie's death', my own fault..
    The biggest one was
    Wallace - That's the scene where I realised this show is special. Didn't see it coming and it showed the environment them kids were operating in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

orourkeda wrote: »
    Theres a clip on youtube about several of the actors speaking about how their respective auditions went and what part they went for.

The actor who plays Jay Landsman had to compete with the real Jay Landsman for that part. Jay Landsman failed the audition to play himself.

50 cent got the role to play himself - that was a mistake on Jim Sheridan's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

Love The Wire.

Like Ctrl-A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

the three characters I like the most
    being shot Wallace, Stringer and Bodie - didn't see Bell coming - gutted still
    I also thought the last scene of Dukie was very sad also.......that's the one that's stayed with me (since I finished it yesterday!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Dee screaming
    "wheres wallace" really got to me

also another that bothered me was
    the nametag on omars toe being wrong, he was such a legend on the streets and you almost believe he's larger than life then you realise wow he was a nobody

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd echo most of the events mentioned above. A small one for me that hasn't been mentioned is
    Old Face Andre. The lad never did much wrong in the grand scheme of things, just a victim of circumstance. He seems so helpless when he gets delivered to Chris and Snoop. Pleading not to be left in a vacant with the rats and instead to let his family find him. Chris says no but promises to keep it quick and they just walk off to a vacant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

orourkeda wrote: »
    Surely the biggest shock of all was
    Lester Freamon ending up with a lap dancer
    What you say man? He Cool Lester Smooth. It ain't no accident boy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Snoop unexpectedly showing some femininity before Michael blows her brains out
    and
    Prop Joe getting whacked in the house of his forefathers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Dont think anyone has mentioned this yet but
    when chris killed Micheals younger brothers dad. I dont think they even mentioned it but it was pretty clear he had abused him. And it was pretty clear Chris had been abused himself at some stage in his life
    . Kinda shows how he turned out the way he did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Season 1 -
    Wallace's death :(
    Season 5 -
    Prop Joe's death :( and also McNulty's wake , though that more affected me cos I knew it was nearly all over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I know this is an old thread but I have just finished season 5.
    Am really upset that Dookie ended up as the new Bubble:(.

One that hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet was
    Ray Cole's wake being the real life death of the actor Robert Colesberry.
    I guessed during the episode that he had died in real life as it had no bearing on the story as such. I thought it was a really poignant send off. The choice of song was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dick Whitman

Up there watching the wire first off, but watching back on the show, I think these are the most two effective scenes when you know what happens to the lads after:
    The "wheres Wallace?" part with D'Angelo and Stringer..Walllace actually was gonna snitch for a while, but D'Angelo doesn't know but **** it when you're watching again, its right here that he's signing his own death warrant with the most heartfelt reasons..

And the part in season 4 with
    Randy and Carver after they petrol bomb his house, gets ya every time..life over for Randy..and Carver tried his best..out of all the kids he was the one you would have had the most hope for till then..

Links to em both here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrSy9r0-lMg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kv0-0XWCPk

Seen in a youtube top comment before, play this music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzcOcBb_ms in another tab through the videos, if it doesn't hit ya hard you don't have a heart!

Advertisement