Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 money card (prepay credit card)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bookworm192398

Okay it turned out I just forgot to put spaces between every four numbers! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

If I get this...can it used as a regular card in shops, yes?

Just looking at box office collection for tickets...they say
    "To pick up this order the card holder must present the card used
    and provide a signature at the box office on event. Unless
    otherwise stated."

So would this card be grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If I get this...can it used as a regular card in shops, yes?

Just looking at box office collection for tickets...they say
    "To pick up this order the card holder must present the card used
    and provide a signature at the box office on event. Unless
    otherwise stated."

So would this card be grand?

Should be, it has the magnet strip on the back for reading the number and a chip if their system uses chip and pin, just make sure you've signed the back of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paudy1

Just wanted to mention an alternative that I've been using.

I had one of the PayZoneMoney cards but the loading fees and transaction fees are crazy so I did a bit of research (before the O2 card came out) and found www.moneybookers.com

They offer a pre-paid MasterCard (same as PayZone) but the fees are way better:

* No Loading charges when using laser card or bank transfer to load
    * No transaction fees
    * 1.99% on Foreign Exchange - (But I think I recall when you setup your account you can specify the currency you want to work in so if you setup GBP and only use the card for sterling purchases then you could get around the FX charges)

Just another option for people. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Does anyone know how to top this up using AIB online banking? The steps on the o2 website are not very coherent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Z Brannigan

Hey guys,

I make a wee bit of money from selling stuff online and it goes into my paypal account (which I just use for buying stuff on eBay), however I'm off abroad in a few days and would like to know if it's possible to transfer money from my PayPal account to the O2 Moneycard.

I have the cards linked already - any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I make a wee bit of money from selling stuff online and it goes into my paypal account (which I just use for buying stuff on eBay), however I'm off abroad in a few days and would like to know if it's possible to transfer money from my PayPal account to the O2 Moneycard.

I have the cards linked already - any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

No, you can only transfer to your bank account...then you can transfer it to your O2 card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

Aug2009 wrote: »
    Mine is from credit union in Bishopstown.
    only for members?
    I like the 02 advert though - it is cool with the magician idea.:cool:
    you'd want to be a magician to pay the fees:D

blubloblu wrote: »
    Where did you read that?
    I use Ulster Bank, the only fees I pay is the Government stamp duty, which would be €2.50 a year if you don't use the card in an ATM. I have a Visa Debit card I can use anywhere that takes Visa.
    O2 Money charge €5 for the card, up to €3 for every topup, €1 for ATM withdrawal, €5 if you ever want to take money off it, plus the Stamp Duty.
    I don't know why anyone would use O2 Money.
    do you need a current account for that

• Advertisement

Grrr the play.com £1.00 temp authorisation transaction strikes and for some reason it hit me with it twice!
    if its with 3v you can get it cancelled by contacting 3v

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Resend wrote: »
    do you need a current account for that
    Yeah, but it doesn't cost anything to open one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Hi, I use 3v vouchers mainly for buying online but can anyone tell me what the new o2 card is like? Is it better than 3v? Do you have to pay a surcharge everytime you top up the o2 card? What are its costs? Also i mainly put the 3v vouchers into my paypal which takes 1 euro off of it. How much do they take if you use the o2 card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Is it better than 3v?

YES. in every way.

Example - Today I topped up by 50 quid in my local Centra. It cost me 51 euro. Bought a gift for my girlfriend online for 47 euro, and the 3 remains in my balance.

It really is as straight-forward as is advertised.

I threw my 3V card in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Thanks for that! Think ill switch and give a shot then! :) 3v goes 2.50 and 5.00 surcharge, what is it on the o2 card? Sorry its ok! Found this, http://www.o2online.ie/o2/uploads/pdfs/o2-money/O2-Money-Tarriffs.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Hey.

I'm in the process of trying to set up ebay and paypal and all that stuff and it seems I need a credit card to verify my identity or something? Now I don't have a credit card and neither do my parents so I was just wondering could I use the o2 card for this? I'm confused!

Thank you!

obama-yes-we-can_04-nov-08.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Perfect!

Nice Obama touch there. Good to see everyone getting into the spirit of things!

As far as I remember to verify the credit card all you need to do is enter the reference number (should be a 4 digit number) used for the card verification charge (of €1) which you can get by logging into your O2 account and you will see the number with the charge details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Did anyone register their card with BOI 365 yet?
    Im trying to link the card to my BOI laser card online but it seems a bit of a chore, think I have to register my phone number first to allow bank transfers and then wait for a letter!!!

Got the Bank thing sorted, The Ulster bank visa card looks tempting.
    The thing I like about 02 though is that you don't have to pay the Stamp duty of 40 euros, it's 5 euros.
    Also the loading charges are quite small, only thing that annoy's me is the 2.75% commission on foreign currency's. Which works out at 27.5 euro for every 1000 euro you spend. Still I wont be using too many 1000 euro's so not too bothered at the same time.
    I suppose if you where to be pirnickty and add up all the costs, it might very well go over the normal 40 euro stamp duty that's on other credit cards if you where spending over 1000 a year.
    It's very handy topping up from the bank account online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Pangea wrote: »
    Got the Bank thing sorted, The Ulster bank visa card looks tempting.
    The thing I like about 02 though is that you don't have to pay the Stamp duty of 40 euros, it's 5 euros.
    Also the loading charges are quite small, only thing that annoy's me is the 2.75% commission on foreign currency's. Which works out at 27.5 euro for every 1000 euro you spend. Still I wont be using too many 1000 euro's so not too bothered at the same time.
    I suppose if you where to be pirnickty and add up all the costs, it might very well go over the normal 40 euro stamp duty that's on other credit cards if you where spending over 1000 a year.
    It's very handy topping up from the bank account online.

Stamp duty isn't €40. €2.50 if used in ATM, €2.50 if used at point of sale/online, €5 if used for both.

blubloblu wrote: »
    Stamp duty isn't €40. €2.50 if used in ATM, €2.50 if used at point of sale/online, €5 if used for both.

Yeah I know that ,I was referring to normal credit cards, its 40 euro a year.

How do you pay the 5 euro charge for stamp duty?
    eg. If there's no money in the card what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Hi, I need to make a $850 within the next few days and do not have a credit card. Can I just call in to an o2 store and sign up for one of these cards? Like will they give it to me there and then?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Hi, I need to make a $850 within the next few days and do not have a credit card. Can I just call in to an o2 store and sign up for one of these cards? Like will they give it to me there and then?

Thanks

Seems a bit of a steep ask, you can go into an o2 store and ask, but I'd advise you to bring driver's license or passport and proof of address dated within the past 3 months in case they need to up the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

DeadMoney wrote: »

Thanks

Read the FAQ on their site.
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/faqs/#buyone

There are limits to the amount you can top up in a day. It's not clear whether you can have that much on your card either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

flazio wrote: »
    Seems a bit of a steep ask, you can go into an o2 store and ask, but I'd advise you to bring driver's license or passport and proof of address dated within the past 3 months in case they need to up the limit.

It seems 350 per day is the maximum that you can put on your card so maybe I could do 2 separate top ups on different days. I'll call in to my local store 2moro. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I have a Nigerian associate who wishes to transfer a large sum of money to me once I give him some personal details.... could he 'topup' my O2 card? I don't see anything on the O2 site relating to this.

Advertisement