Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuck for PDE Placement

Options
  • 04-09-2014 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi just looking for some advice/tips/prayers I started my PDE recently and am having severe difficulty in arranging my placement for January. All my local schools either have their placements filled or aren't offering any. If anyone knows of a school offering placements or looking to fill a place I would greatly apprea hearing about it, my subjects are English and History and I am willing to travel anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 guest26

Where are u based?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 louiebob

I'm based in North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 7 guest26

Sent you a PM, it might be no use but worth a try! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pde is no,longer being run, do you mean pme?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 louiebob

No its the PDE I'm in the last intake for it with Hibernia

• Advertisement

Ah, Hibernia. Being honest, I always say no to Hibernia students unless they are past pupils because its a pain to deal with such as the mentor and the block release whereas PME students on full year TP are easier to deal with regarding placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

TheDriver wrote: »
    Pde is no,longer being run, do you mean pme?

The PDE is still going. Courses like Science Teaching and PE teaching in UL and UCC both use the PDE system in built. The PME is for the people who have a degree already and want to teach.

But then its BEd placements and not PDE placement. Never heard anyone call concurrent teacher training pde placement.

Advertisement