Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancake Tuesday

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I will be eating pancakes because I am a Catholic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I will be eating pancakes because I am a Catholic

I will be eating pancakes because I am fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Pancakes for dinner.
    For me, a shake of sugar and a squeeze of real lemon. YUM!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Pancakes pancakes pancakes! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can't be arsed making them but if any good natured Boardsie wants to invite me round for a few I'll gladly take up the offer!

Tis times like this I wish I was at home, if I thought of it I could have got me Ma to make a few over the weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I hate Pancake Tuesday jokes, they are crêpe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Neither myself nor my housemates are around that evening, so we have postpones the pancake eating til the following Tuesday. Does this break the 10 commandments?

And for the record, nutella, crushed flake and ben and jerrys will be included. Fruit? Pff. If you want to eat healthy, don't eat the pancakes at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Pancakes are very overated, one of the blandest, most tasteless foods there is out there.
    That's why people need to add so many "toppings"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Pancakes are very overated, one of the blandest, most tasteless foods there is out there.
    That's why people need to add so many "toppings"
    So? You could say the same thing for chicken and turkey. They taste bland by themselves, but why would you want to eat them by themselves anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

I cant wait, just one hour 'till Pancake Tuesday. I wonder would the other half get out the frying pan and get some practise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I never liked pancakes as a kid, my dad often made them and like everything else he cooked, they weren't done until they were incinerated. Plus the parents only believed in lemon and sugar which tbh is crap.

Last year one of my teachers had me and another girl make pancakes for the whole school. We spent about an hour- 2 hrs o Et the hob, we actually had good craic. Plus at the end I made the thickest pancake I the world atleast 5 times thicker than an ordinary pancake. My friend who could usually put away anything saw it and wanted it, he can usually put away anything but could only get through half of it and at that he struggled.

I learned a very important lesson that day... The key to making good pancakes is a good non stick pan, other wise you are at nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Pancakes. I just love them.
    My parents used to say I'd turn in to a big pancake one day if I kept eating them. Lying *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Once as a kid when shopping with my mother shortly before Pancake Tuesday, a woman with a microphone stopped me and asked me how I liked my pancakes.

"With sugar." my six or seven-year old self awkwardly blurted out. Nothing more.

This was then broadcast on local radio as part of a rigorous investigative piece on how people liked their pancakes.

I never knew why everyone laughed (especially when they listened to it again after recording it off the radio), as that's how I liked my pancakes then. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

ahh pancake day, the only day where hitting the ceiling is considered a bad toss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there's cocaine in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Pancake 1 Butter sugar
    Pancake 2 Peanut butter and jelly
    pancake 3 ice cream and choc syrupc
    repeat x 10

Birthday pancakes, oh yes I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Golden syrup.

Is that like maple syrup for poor people?

Yes yes it is horrible stuff really apart from the god like maple syrup version .nom nom on american style pancakes with bacon thats a whole weeks of calories right there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Nom I love pancakes. Last time I made them, I grated some lemon zest into the pancake batter before I cooked em and they tasted lovely. You get the lemony flavour without the pancake getting soggy.:). I have some whiskey marmalede that I will somehow mix into a pancake tomorrow. once again nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Pancake 1 Butter sugar
    Pancake 2 Peanut butter and jelly
    pancake 3 ice cream and choc syrupc
    repeat x 10

Jelly? It's jam ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I will be tossing lots and lots tomorrow. It's all in the wrist action ya know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Namlub wrote: »
    Jelly? It's jam ffs

its jello

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭CajunOnTour

I like them thin and moist; Jif lemon is part of the tradition. I think it was around before real lemons were discovered :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

But people seem to go mental for them once a year & probably never eat them for the rest of the year.

That would be where you are wrong. :p

I get a giddy thrill from eating so delicious, but so nutritionally void for my main meal of the day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Once as a kid when shopping with my mother shortly before Pancake Tuesday, a woman with a microphone stopped me and asked me how I liked my pancakes.

"With sugar." my six or seven-year old self awkwardly blurted out. Nothing more.

This was then broadcast on local radio as part of a rigorous investigative piece on how people liked their pancakes.

I never knew why everyone laughed (especially when they listened to it again after recording it off the radio), as that's how I liked my pancakes then. :(

I still don't know why people would laugh at that?? :confused:

I don't really like pancakes. I know, I'm sorry for being a weirdo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Tiebreaker : Complete this sentence:

I like my pancakes like I like my women...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lemon, sugar and strawberry jam is how my pancakes will be decorated.

Oh yeah. Nom nom nom. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Caraville wrote: »
    I don't really like pancakes. I know, I'm sorry for being a weirdo :(

Nah, I actually know a fair few people who don't like them. They find them dense and sickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ficheall wrote: »

Once a year:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Ficheall wrote: »

Small, thick and moist

Advertisement