Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Lite Galileo (2011) Carbon Frame

• 12-01-2015 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

So I've been offered this frame, brand new for €400. The 2012 frame set is for sale on CRC reduced to €850. On the face of it, it seems like a no brainer.
    I've seen some nice enough builds around the frame on some google searches, e.g. here
    It's a 56cm frame and weighs 1,310g so not particularly light for a full carbon frame.
    Whatever frame I buy, I will be putting Campy Chorus on and the bike will be used year round for training and sportives, no racing.

I know very little about the Pro Lite brand.
    Does anybody have any experience with the brand and particularly the frameset?
    Could anybody recommend other / better options for €400 or less?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭endeval

Spins,

About 2 months ago, my 2012 Galileo frame broke at the rear chain-side drop out. From searching around, common problem for the frame. Happened after only 10,000KMs 2.5 years old with a 2 year warranty. No come back. I never had a crash etc, always looked after it.

It's a great frame, but a major disappointment. Look at the rear drop out. They cut away all the strength in the Alu lug for looks (form over function). You have roughly 7mm of alu across two places holding one of the most important, stressed parts of the bike.

My advice would be to look elsewhere.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Thanks a mill.
    I had come across one similar report online while investigating and thought it might have been an isolated case.
    I'll steer clear so. Thanks again.

Advertisement