Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

garmin problem

• 07-01-2015 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me with any number of issues on garmin. Their garmin forums are immense and i'm lost following half their advice. I purchased a second hand model and have just afound out that the memory is completely full - this is going by the drive on the pc. Can anyone confirm, does this mean all rides cannot be recorded on the device? Or, can they be recorded but just not uploaded from the device to the pc if a large file.

Just as a tester, I recorded 2 dummy rides which were no longer than 5 minutes. These both uploaded via garmin express to garmin connect.

However, my 1 hour ride today, which shows on my device, shows on my drive with a memory of 0KB, and cannot be uploaded as there's nothing there.

Why is this, how do i solve my garmin issue for future rides

Any help at all is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

What device have you got? Some use a Sd card as an option to record to (Edge 800 for example).
    With the device plugged into the computer, rides are stored in a folder named 'Activities'. If this is full, delete most of them - keep your recent 3.
    If your first 2 test rides were recorded ok, then the 3rd should also have been, but the 0kb seems to say otherwise.
    You could also try another site - Strava is one a lot of people here (and I) use - to see if that site sees any data. I had a problem with Garmin connect not seeing my device, but strava would and I'll find out in the morning if this is still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

What device have you got? Some use a Sd card as an option to record to (Edge 800 for example).
    With the device plugged into the computer, rides are stored in a folder named 'Activities'. If this is full, delete most of them - keep your recent 3.
    If your first 2 test rides were recorded ok, then the 3rd should also have been, but the 0kb seems to say otherwise.
    You could also try another site - Strava is one a lot of people here (and I) use - to see if that site sees any data. I had a problem with Garmin connect not seeing my device, but strava would and I'll find out in the morning if this is still the case.

Edge 705. First ride might have broken the camel's back but the larger second ride was not recorde

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Do you have an SD card in it? My Edge 800 asks me where I want to save rides, card or internal memory, maybe the 705 is the same and the one chosen is full, or not recognised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

i solved it.

I did have to create a new drive and do a hard reset on the device. Had my heart in my hands doing it but seems to be recording now.

Advertisement