Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving uk with our son who is disabled help please ??

• 25-08-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Our son has spina bifida does anybody know the system for uk? Birmingham. My partner is originally from there and moved over to Ireland 3 years ago. We want to move back to where he lives but I need to know what is the services like over there in regards of physiotherapy and Nuerosurgeons, the main concerns would be those and second would I get a carers allowance of some sort over there?

Would I be entitled to a payment whilest looking after my son? I'm currently on carers allowance here as I left work 3 weeks ago but I'm not sure if uk would offer me the same. I really need some info as I've phones places and searches fb pages and emailed people and I'm always given another contact to ask. So please if anyone out there could help. Spina bifida is a physical disability, also would need neurosurgeons for the knowledge of hydrocephalus ( fluid on brain ).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Seanokelly123

Hi MissRachel29. I have Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. I am unsure as to other systems other than Ireland. If you ring the National Resource Centre of SBHI they will direct you. Their number is 4572329.

Advertisement