Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you Come by YOUR team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

One of the most unsupported teams in the NFL. Its sad really the can't get fans. I can see the Jags being moved out of Jacksonville in the next 5 years.

Why they were given a franchise is a mystery to me. I still think its hilarious that the NFL could never sustain an LA team, 2nd biggest market in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,320 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

One of the most unsupported teams in the NFL. Its sad really the can't get fans. I can see the Jags being moved out of Jacksonville in the next 5 years.
    Bah, they have no history anyways, one of them expansion teams along with the Panthers. I remember the early games between the Pats with Mr Franchise Bledsoe and the Jags and Brunell was a thorn in our side any time we played them although we beat them in the games.

Actually I had to go and check there about whether Art Modell still owned the Ravens, I used to always hate them because of what he did but I see he sold them. I would be roaring them to defeat or in fact any team he had any financial involvement with if I was aware of it.

For those who don't know, the Ravens were formerly the Clevelend Browns and he moved them to Baltimore which upset most NFL fans at the time. It was great when the Browns got back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

eagle eye wrote: »
    Actually I had to go and check there about whether Art Modell still owned the Ravens,

For those who don't know, the Ravens were formerly the Clevelend Browns and he moved them to Baltimore which upset most NFL fans at the time. .

remember that well....modell was the most hated man in sport
    back then and is still routinely voted the most hated man in
    cleveland....i dont think he set foot in the city since in fear for his life!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

after a few years of watching i figured out what i admired in teams and what i wanted in ''my'' team - i love defences that can close teams down, make big hits and having watched a few comeback games i saw a lot of heart in the STEELERS!!!!! let's go superbowl win number 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

dardevle wrote: »
    remember that well....modell was the most hated man in sport
    back then and is still routinely voted the most hated man in
    cleveland....i dont think he set foot in the city since in fear for his life!

At least the NFL sorted out the Cleveland mess quick enough, the situation when the Colts left Baltimore for Indy was a joke and poorly handled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Wow am I the only Charger fan here!?.......

Been a diehard Bolts fans since the early 80s. Like quite a few of you caught the bug watching it on Ch 4 on a sun night. Wrote to a few teams (like u do when u are a young lad) asking for posters, stickers etc. This was pre-internet ofcourse. The Chargers PR people were so good to me they gained a fan for life. First got to see em live in '94, the Superbowl year!. Have seen them 4 times since including ofcourse London this year.

Having lived through those dark days in the 80s and late 90s early noughties I have been naturally delira with the last few years only to be let down more often than not.

Nevermind I'll bleed blue and gold forever!!.

Oh and anyone who remembers a certain D end in the 80s by the name of Leslie O'Neal will see where I got my handle!.
    kinda watched american football on Channel 4 when ever i was allowed stay up but only really got into it in 1994 when a few of the guys in my class in school started picking teams to support. I liked the bolt on the helmet so i chose the chargers....and they made it to the Superbowl that year beating the Steelers in the AFC Champ game (number 55 was just pure awesomeness that day). Natrome Means was my sort of player....north-south, no other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

People I know in America are from Boston and their team are the New England Patriots so that was that for me...will be going over in August 2010 so hopefully will be able to catch a pre-season game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

mars bar wrote: »
    People I know in America are from Boston and their team are the New England Patriots so that was that for me...will be going over in August 2010 so hopefully will be able to catch a pre-season game.

The way to go Mary!;)

Try get a regular season game, they put zero effort in the pre-season games!
    RuggieBear wrote: »
    they made it to the Superbowl that year beating the Steelers in the AFC Champ game (number 55 was just pure awesomeness that day). Natrome Means was my sort of player....north-south, no other way!

55? Junior Seau?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

The way to go Mary!;)

55? Junior Seau?

Yep. He tackled everything that moved that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The way to go Mary!;)

It has to be August coz that's when the Saw Doctors travel over there for their tour, to see a game too would just be the topping on the pizza! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

I moved to Phoenix 1 year ago. Suddenly the Cards have their best season ever. Good luck follows me everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I had a Bears cap when I was about nine or ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

In a roundabout, complex sequence of flipped coins and names picked out of hats I ended up with the Broncos!! Only got to see one game this season for a variety of reasons and that was watching the Chargers stuff us! If the new set-up can sort the D we'll be a serious prospect (I hope:D).

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

SHOUT IT OUT

GO BEARS

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thread here, though it is old.

Chiefs for me

CE8B74E5EA624253A4C814A49A8DEAD0.JPG?0.18268340972800157

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Steelers Fan since 1988 -
    Notre Dame in NCAAF
    St Louis Cardindals in MLB

Prediction for 2009 season

Chargers for the AFC
    Yankees for World Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

DA BEARS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Peyton Manning and his His Indianapolis Colts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Bears for me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

New England Patriots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The reason i watch the NFL:
    tom-brady-ad.jpg

Now i think my "man crush" is just getting weird.

Failing that go pats!

pats.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

p1_faulk_getty.jpg

Glory days will come again.

Rams for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Jaguars will have their time soon....

GO JAGS!!!!

jacksonville-jaguars-new-uniforms.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

shaunhill.jpg

Will hopefully at best be the next Jeff Garcia.

Niners fan here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Utd4Ever

Patriots for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

The New York football Giants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

I like this:

and this:

We'll miss you Marv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Philadelphia Eagles BRING THE BLITZ!!!! WOOO WOOOO!!! McNabb and the boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Colts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Raider Nation baby WOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

also more than slightly partial to the pats, simply because belichick is a genius

raiders.gif

Advertisement