Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I'm not 100% sure I can make the draft tonight but I have my players pre-ranked anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The fact the draft is on tonight is perfect for me. I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ended up with team below. Picking 8th had me thrown for a loop to be honest.

Tom BradyQB - NE

Joique BellRB - DET
    Pierre ThomasRB - NO

Brandon MarshallWR - CHI
    Vincent JacksonWR - TB
    Rueben RandleWR - NYG

Jimmy GrahamTE - NO

BN

LeGarrette BlountRB - PIT
    Lance DunbarRB - DAL
    Jacquizz RodgersRB - ATLAndre WilliamsRB - NYG
    Kenny BrittWR - STL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I forgot our bench was so short. Anyway

QB
    Cutler

RB
    Charles
    Woodhead
    DeAngelo

WR
    Jeffrey
    K Allen
    K Wright
    J Edelman
    C Shorts
    J matthews

TE
    L Green
    T Kelce

Texans DST
    Zeulein (kicker)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

QB
    Dalton

RB
    Jennings
    Lynch
    West
    White

WR
    Nelson
    Sanders
    Hunter
    Thompkins
    Smith

TE
    Cameron
    Wright

Brown DST
    Parkey (kicker)" <
    Auto and no idea if any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

QB
    Drew Brees
    Jake Locker

RB
    Arian Foster
    Frank Gore
    Lamar Miller
    Jeremy Hill

WR
    DeSean Jackson
    Terrence Williams
    Tavon Austin
    Dwayne Bowe
    Rod Streater

TE
    Delanie Walker

K
    Nick Folk

DEF
    Buffalo Bills

Picked @ 13

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Not happy with mine especially when the draft client crashed and made an auto pick for me in the 7th round and just put me on the back foot.

Picking a horrible 9th especially when nearly everybody ahead set the draft tone by nabbing RB's in the 1st round forcing me to follow suit or face not having 2 starting RB's to rely on. :mad::mad:

QB
    Matthew Stafford
    Eli Manning

RB
    Demarco Murray
    Ryan Matthews
    Roy Helu

WR
    Riley Cooper
    TY Hilton
    Brian Hartline
    Greg Jennings
    Mohamed Sanu

TE
    Jason Witten
    Charles Clay

K
    Dan Carpenter

DEF
    Arizona Cardinals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Picked at 1 and ended up quite happy with what i got.

QBs - RG3 & Carson Palmer
    RBs - LeSean McCoy, Zac Stacy, Ray Rice & Knile Davis
    WRs - Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace, Danny Amendola, Kelvin Benjamin & Chris Givens
    TEs - Greg Olsen
    K - Robbie Gould
    DEF - Denver Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

McCoy and Stacy is pretty decent. Here is mine, a lot of gambles in there:

o5dE3.jpg

Not that happy with it. Lots of potential if I get lucky and Ellington, Patterson, Reed and John Brown are as good as the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Took a punt with a few of my players, especially with my WRs. Banking on rookie WRs really making a difference this season. Happy enough with what I came out with though after picking 7th.

QB
    Andrew Luck
    Blake Bortles

RB
    Eddie Lacy
    Alfred Morris
    Mark Ingram
    Shonn Greene

WR
    Michael Floyd
    Mike Evans
    Brandin Cooks
    Markus Wheaton

TE
    Zach Ertz
    Marcedes Lewis

DEF
    Rams

K
    Blair Walsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

deccy15 wrote: »
    QB
    Drew Brees
    Jake Locker

RB
    Arian Foster
    Frank Gore
    Lamar Miller
    Jeremy Hill

WR
    DeSean Jackson
    Terrence Williams
    Tavon Austin
    Dwayne Bowe
    Rod Streater

TE
    Delanie Walker

K
    Nick Folk

DEF
    Buffalo Bills

Picked @ 13

Open to trade offers for any of my team, of course certain players come at a bigger price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

QB
    Matt Ryan
    Johnny Football (for the ****s'n'giggles)

RB
    Shane Vereen
    Bishop Sankey
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Carlos Hyde

WR
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Hakeem Nicks
    Nate Washington
    Eddie Royal

TE
    Vernon Davis

K
    Chandler Catanzaro

DEF
    Seahawks

I had the last pick of the draft. Went with 2 wr's with my first two picks, hence my dire RB situation. Hoping the waiver wire will sort me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My opponent signed Josh Gordon

*sprints to google to check if the suspension was lifted :eek:*

Relief, it wasn't :o

mikemac1 wrote: »
    My opponent signed Josh Gordon

*sprints to google to check if the suspension was lifted :eek:*

Relief, it wasn't :o

People have swooped in on him in every league. Turns out the NFL and Players Union could reach a deal on a new in the coming weeks to change the drug policy and if it changes it puts Gordon under the new min amount and he will be back on the field this season.

Was uneasy with my team post drafting and a first horrible week proved me right. Going to be a long year.

Well im going to be wrecked tomorrow. Stayed up for the late game as my match was on a knifeedge. Pulled it out by 4 points in the end :-) 1-0 baby

My oppo must be sick I was dead and buried before Stafford had a monster game earlier.

D3PO wrote: »
    Well im going to be wrecked tomorrow. Stayed up for the late game as my match was on a knifeedge. Pulled it out by 4 points in the end :-) 1-0 baby

My oppo must be sick I was dead and buried before Stafford had a monster game earlier.

That's me. I was hoping for more than 6/7 points combined from my 2 Chargers

After 2 weeks there's only two 2-0 teams. We're looking at another tight year lads

I cant believe im 2-0 with the lack of production from my wideouts and TE for that matter. Also both 2-0 teams in the same div.

With Matthews, Tate & Helu all injured for me Im a bit screwed for week 3 from a RB perspective and with my WRs not performing Id imagine I will be going 2-1

Have Matt Ryan and Julio jones in my team. Think they may have won me a match up that was looking to be very very very close.

• Advertisement

Have Matt Ryan and Julio jones in my team. Think they may have won me a match up that was looking to be very very very close.

yeah big lead to overhaul. Cant say Im upset with Slinger being in my division and him being 2-0 :D:D

After last weekends low scoring by guys a 50 something lead doesn't bother me. I could easily lose this mathup but in the same boat I could also win this depending on how other games go. Realistically if you believe the projections you score 23 more points than projected from both Ryan and Jones. Brings the lead into perspective.

I currently have 15.2 points from 4 positions players, a kicker and a DST. 3 players left and 2 mightn't play

ugh

Nope still very very close :D

Seahawks Defense did enough for you congrats. Sick I lost by just over 2 points due to the donkey throwing that last Int.

Derp I spoke too soon, game on haha

Close to 60 points at half time and projected 108 in first batch of games today, finish with 66.16 he came on strong at the end to finish with 66.18. I need 1 yard from brandon marshall tomorrow to win.

Dodge wrote: »
    I currently have 15.2 points from 4 positions players, a kicker and a DST. 3 players left and 2 mightn't play

ugh

Now on 22.2 with 2 players left. I don't think I can remember a worse week

At least my PPR monsters roll on

TO. wrote: »
    Seahawks Defense did enough for you congrats. Sick I lost by just over 2 points due to the donkey throwing that last Int.

Derp I spoke too soon, game on haha

Good game mate. Gonna need to do something about my running back situation, I think I have the worst rb pairing in the league! I feel like man United right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

I need 13 points from Geno Smith to win my matchup and go 2 & 1. Projections have me winning by 0.24 points.

• Advertisement

Sigh, marshall comes close to a few catches, gets taken out of game, comes back at halftime, catches a short td that gets called back, almost catches another pass and then gets looked over a few times while he is open for a grand total of zero catches for zero yards and i lose my match up by 0.02 points.

wait a second there was a 6 yard catch in there somewhere i missed. won by 0.6. ship it

Advertisement