Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Help

• 08-06-2014 5:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title guys i need a little help, if ye can.

As Father's day approaches the 'ould lad finally said he'd like a Primos G2 Tripod. The 24-62" model.

313aoVu151L._SY300_.jpg

He has been humming and hawing about one of these for a while and turned down bipod version a while back. He prefers the tripod version.

Problem i have now is everywhere i look the best i can get is a 7 day delivery timescale. I'e found some of the bipods in Irish dealers but none of the tripod ones.

One the off chance someone is in a dealers and spots one i'd appreciate a heads up. Failing that i'll have to order online and give him an "IOU" on Sunday.

Cheers.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Order it to his home as the shipping address, and then show him a nice pic of what you ordered on Sunday and tell him its on the way, next best thing to being there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

I have the very model its used but in as new condition you are welcome to it I am heading Stateside next week so can pick up another one.PM the address ship it in morning.
    Mike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sorted.

You're an absolute gent, and for the day that is in it, a life saver.

Wont forget this to ya.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Faith in humanity restored!!
    Fair dues fella very few of your kind left in the world

Well the sticks arrived this morning and as expected in mint condition.

It's a credit to LotharMike that there are still genuine people that are willing to help for no other reason than to help. As said above my faith in humanity is truly restored. Hopefully i can re-pay or pass on the good Karma.

Thanks again LotharMike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

I know the thread might be closed,but my Uncle got one of these in a Gun Shop in Prosprous, if it helps anyone else looking for 1, hope I did not jump the thread.

I got sorted thanks to LotharMike, but that is what i was looking for. It must be McCarthy's? Is it the same brand, make, tripod, etc?

From the photo looks the same the v section does a 360 degree turn, and the legs can be folded to shoot in the prone postition and standing and in camo design as well.

I found one or two with the bipods, but it was the tripod he wanted. Was it bipod or tripod?

Tripod type great shooting stick, I have his old one till I get one of these there brill, a great design does your dad's one have the 360 degree hook on the top.

• Advertisement

Yup

You just lift it in one hand and the legs just seem to drop out into position, he seems to be able to set up very quickly. I think the price was around € 120 but got a few €€€€€ off as he is in his late 60's, claimed old age pensioner rights, the fecker would leave me standing on the Mountain he is as fit as a fiddle.:)

He is not getting them until Sunday, but i've been playing around with them. They are handy as all hell.

Ya pull the trigger and the legs drop. As soon as you release the trigger the legs stop. While he was away this morning i was walking around with the sticks and it's dead handy if you move from one spot to another you simply keep the trigger pulled and the legs will "auto-adjust" to the new terrain.

Makes setting up for a shot extremely fast and also extremely stable.

I wonder if i could get away with giving him a T-shirt and keep them for myself. :D

If it was me he would be getting the T shirt, its costing me a fortune to get into the deer hunting, with changing my clothing, a new back pack, ( cant be made of nylon material I'am told has to be felt.) says the Uncle, makes too much noise. boots I had thank God. new gear camo I bought and he gave out as it had a beech tree design, he only likes green design, he said I was glowing one night when we were out in a full moon, well that Deer at 70 yards only just spottted us I said,great crack I am having with him getting brought out just to see where ther walking through areas. he is only the biz.Your Dad is going to be delightd with the Fathers present fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

+1 on the Primos trigger stick tripod, got one recently and find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

looking at those tri pods on the net. i think i will have to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

I was looking at one also. Where are ye getting them and what's best price

going to try a few dealers around kildare/carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I got the bi-pods as a Birthday present a few years ago and I love them.

90% sure they came from here: http://www.domscustomrifles.ie/

Shaner82 wrote: »
    I was looking at one also. Where are ye getting them and what's best price
    Jim McBride carries the Bipod version, and according to Tawny Owl McCarthy's in Prosperous carries them in tripod version.
    Tawny Owl wrote: »
    I know the thread might be closed,but my Uncle got one of these in a Gun Shop in Prosprous, if it helps anyone else looking for 1, hope I did not jump the thread.
    I've been in Dom's and seen a set of the bipod ones, but not the tripod so if he has them i cannot say for definite.

They are also available online from a few suppliers. Most are American, and only a couple UK/EU suppliers.

Prices range between €150 to €200 depending on where you buy, but more importantly the cost of shipping.

• Advertisement

Yeah a lot don't ship and if they do it's very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭4200fps

Primos mk2 is the only job

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

A friend of mine carried it from the US for me, he picked it up in Basspro for $160, its pretty bulky though and wouldn't fit in all bags, but if you know of anyone going........

Things are very cheap over there, I see in Walmart the Primos Group Therapy Bench Shooting Rest is $66. Its $66 on Amazon.com too and £114 on Amazon.co.uk

bought 2 tripods on net one for myself and mt shooting buddy. cost around 130 euro each inc. tax and postage only 2
    they had left. sports den in navan told me they are getting them in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭donacarney

Will sportsden be same price?

What website ?

donacarnry dont know what price in sports den. give them a call
    shaner82 total sports llc.

Cheers I'll check it out

new primos trigger tripods came in post this morning from total sports llc. i have been playing around with them in the
    kitchen, seem to be a good job. will be trying them out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 alex69

I ordered Primos tripod last week from USA on ebay. I paid 135€ And I reseived today. Very good thing.
    I recommend.

Advertisement