Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you use a more general male oriented forum?

• 01-04-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

Main thread here.

In accordance with trout's invitation, I'm starting this thread to get the opinions of the users of this forum on the idea of creating a more general purpose male orientated forum for discussing male issues and life from a male perspective. Do you think it would be good to modify the purpose of Men's Health to suit it or do you think it should be a superforum of Men's Health, or perhaps a completely separate forum?

Thanks,
    JC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I would prefer the one, general forum.

I would use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Was thinking this only recently. Like a male version of the Ladie's Lounge or a less retarded BGRH

I'd say just merge this forum or stage a coup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

tribulus wrote: »
    I would prefer the one, general forum.

I would use it.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Looking through the forum, seems half of the threads are locked.

Anything that could be discussed here healthwise without being locked would be perfectly suited to biology & medicine or nutrition/after hours. Looking at all the unlocked threads they could all easily fit into a different forum.

I know theres a thread on the forums forum but doesn't seem many know about it. Perhaps men don't want to be seen as being pushed about it.

Seeing as this forum is doing nothing for anyone surely it would be better to just simply move it to rec and change the name slightly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

+1
    Mens Health
    Discussion about men's health - No medical advice please

^ above just seems contradictory kinda. Sort it out :)
    The health of men can be discussed in biology/medicine I'd assume.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I like the idea cause said already, i mean like

It makes scene and I would use it I think it could be of great benefit... id like to see the proposed idea go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

+1 to the suggestion. I think this should become a serious mens forum where we can talk about all mens issues, not just health.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Yes on the general Men's issues thread, in any form at all :)

It seems that so many threads here are locked. I know us men can be a little explicit, abrupt or downright thick at times, but isn't that one of the issues? I think most of us tolerate that about each other though.

I realize that some people here take the mick and locking the thread is fair enough, but not just because the guy has no tact.

It's time to remove the taboo of Men talking about Men's issues. Many of which have never been explored before, and often looked down upon and/or dismissed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Can i throw my 2c in here...

I'm not a poster on this forum but i have been thinking a male version of TLL would be a great addition..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Honestly I think the sheer volume of guys lurking and posting on the Ladies Lounge shows how much a similiar forum is needed and how popular it could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Just a reminder - there is a thread on this, here, in the Forums forum.

Feel free to express yourselves, especially if you can define how you want the new forum to look.

Advertisement