Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elave, has anyone tried it and if so is it good for sensitive skin?

• 14-04-2014 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I have very sensitive skin which seems to be getting worse. Elave came up when I googled products for sensitive skin, so I thought I'd ask here:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,769 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was recommended Elave or Aveeno for sensitive/dry skin prone to excema (by a dermatologist, long time ago now).

Never got around to trying Elave, but I'm a big fan of Aveeno products, I find them very good. Not cheap, but you can find 2 for 1 offers in Boots sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I have dry sensitive skin and was recommended the body wash and cream over a decade ago by a housemate who had eczema. I haven't used anything else since.

I tried their hydrating cream cleanser and wasn't mad about it. It didn't burn or sting, but seemed to make my redness a little worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

sunbeam wrote: »
    I have dry sensitive skin and was recommended the body wash and cream over a decade ago by a housemate who had eczema. I haven't used anything else since.

I tried their hydrating cream cleanser and wasn't mad about it. It didn't burn or sting, but seemed to make my redness a little worse.

Thanks, that was one I was planning on trying. Everthing seems to be making my skin red and dry. I might try their factor 45 day cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I use elave on my daughters dermatitis probe skin

I've just been looking online at Cetaphil gentle cleanser, I think I'll give that one a go and try the elave moisturiser. My skin is a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I'm currently using the Ziaja Sensitive range from www.originalbeauty.com

It is amazing - I don't have sensitive skin, but I was getting a bit of irritation and decided to try this (as it was so reasonable!) my skin is amazing since - no breakouts, no spots, no redness, no dryness, no oiliness.

ziaja.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 starry123

I have quite sensitive skin and I find la Roche posay products very gentle and I don't get that itchy, tight feeling or redness afterwards!

I bought Cetaphil gentle cleansing liquid a few days ago and I'm finding it great. I don't get that tight skin feeling using it and the dry itchy redness is fading:) I'll try the Elave moisturiser with the spf 45 in it over the Summer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

I use Elave shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I find it very good for my skin and my hair doesn't get as greasy as with 'regular' shampoo! So an added bonus !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I find that the only cleanser that does not make the skin on my face redder is Dermalogica Ultracalming. It is not especially moisturisng or a very deep cleanser though, so I usually alternate it with Clinique Redness Solutions cleanser on my oily nose and chin.

I also love the La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra facial moisturiser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement