Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy F1 2014

• 08-02-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

It's nearly that time again. What site are we using this year? The FIA must have being monitoring us last year with the introduction of double points!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I'm also 1000 years too early.

Sitec wrote: »
    I'm also 1000 years too early.

You should be able to do it yourself. Just click on Edit and there should be an option towards the bottom allowing you to edit the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I presume we will go with www.racing-leagues.co.uk again this year.

I've created a boards.ie one.

http://www.racing-leagues.co.uk/game/f1/league-acceptance?lid=403

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Just want to throw this in here. It's on boards so no other sign up required.

Just want to throw this in here. It's on boards so no other sign up required.

I'll create a team during the week. did you come up with the rules yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I'll create a team during the week. did you come up with the rules yourself?

You can make any changes you want before FP1 in Australia, a team name will suffice for now. Yes, I made the rules up myself. Took some serious thought.

You can make any changes you want before FP1 in Australia, a team name will suffice for now. Yes, I made the rules up myself. Took some serious thought.

Fair Play!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Whats the password to join the league
    recyclebin wrote: »
    I presume we will go with www.racing-leagues.co.uk again this year.

I've created a boards.ie one.

http://www.racing-leagues.co.uk/game/f1/league-acceptance?lid=403

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Was only talkin about this with a few people yesterday, general consensus seemed to be that the ESPN fantasy engine was the best. I'm up for any of them tho and would love to join the boards.ie one on racing-leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Foley48 wrote: »
    Was only talkin about this with a few people yesterday, general consensus seemed to be that the ESPN fantasy engine was the best. I'm up for any of them tho and would love to join the boards.ie one on racing-leagues

Is that based off last years one? When I go to the site, it looks like the 2014 game isn't open for entries yet.

Signed up for the racing-leagues one.
    TCP/IP wrote: »
    Whats the password to join the league

The league isn't password protected.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    Is that based off last years one? When I go to the site, it looks like the 2014 game isn't open for entries yet.

I'm not sure tbh but yes your right in saying the 2014 game isnt open yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭baz_ctr

How do you join the boards F1 league on racing leagues I can't seem to be able to join

follow the link and register. Then after registered just follow the link again. You should then see yourself under the Leagues section the heading of "board.ie" beside "all leagues". You will not be added to any league until you make your driver/engine/constructor choices under "management"

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭baz_ctr

Foley48 wrote: »
    follow the link and register. Then after registered just follow the link again. You should then see yourself under the Leagues section the heading of "board.ie" beside "all leagues". You will not be added to any league until you make your driver/engine/constructor choices under "management"
    done thanks I have now joined;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Done and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Done. BelowZero racing

I was short of 4.5m to make my dream team :P

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Mudskipper Speed Racing is back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Done, in the running. Starting at 23rd on the grid though. Be ready to move over.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

C'mon guys get signed up to this!

We had over 70 players last year and it's miles better than the other fantasy game that has been set up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Autosport is in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Mid-Clare Motorsport!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Test Team signed up and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Signed up...
    AnewHope KillerShamrock

SlipStream Racing is in!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Needs More 00mph is in.

Who's getting swapped or dropped? Had Hamilton as #1 driver, gutted!

I'll wait a little longer before I decide that, probably until Spain or even the race after that because there will be some big upgrades appearing around then. I made the mistake of changing things too early last year so by the time it Red Bull and Vettel in particular began to dominate, I had already used up all my transfers LOL.

Like yourself, today I also was a little unlucky as I had both Hamilton and Massa as my No. 1 & 2 drivers but since Merc and Williams performed well and could both have been much better but for some bad luck and a small mistake from Bottas, I won't panic just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Had Hamilton as #1 also, and marked Australia as home race, so I pretty much wasted my double points. Well, having said that I'm top of the league at the moment, but I don't think that's going to last too long. I'd only be 11th without the double points.

Banked everything on Mercedes for the time being as they seem to have a clearly dominant car based on Winter testing. I probably won't make (m)any changes any time soon, as I don't want to waste my transfers before the development race plays out a bit. I'm thinking Red Bull and Renault will come on strongly in the second half of the season.

• Advertisement

Anybody following the league? Delighted with Mercedes so far, I've six changes left after I changed my third driver to Kvyat. I can see RedBull becoming better in 4 to 5 races so I might take on Riccardo then, he seems to want it more than Vettel.

Advertisement