Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Argh, my parents are driving me crazy! They had a stupid fight on Monday about absolutely nothing and they're still not talking, but by not talking I mean actively ignoring each other. Although I've seen better from a bunch of six year olds.

For example: my dad fried some sausages this morning. He then came into my room telling me to hurry up and come down to get some, acting like it was a big emergency or something. I got up, went to the kitchen and there were two on a plate for me. Mam was in the kitchen too and then dad turned to me, pointed at the larger plate with the rest of the sausages on it and said "they're between your mother and your brother", KNOWING that I was going back up to my room in a few minutes and my brother would be in bed for a while longer so I wouldn't be there to say this to them. Also knowing, of course, that by directing the speech to me, mam would hear it. I mean, come on! You're 56 years old, would you ever grow up!? :rolleyes:

I can't decide if it's worse than yesterday when mam wanted to give dad money to do a bet on the Grand National and called me in, gave me the money and told me to give it to him and tell him what it was for. :rolleyes: Or when I was passing through the living room the other day and some quiz show was on, dad clearly wanted to let mam know he knew one of the answers so he turned to me really deliberately and said "it's A, almostnever, isn't it? I definitely think it's A, yeah, it has to be A." Um, ok!? What exactly did he expect me to say to that!? I'd honestly expect more maturity from a six year old, I really would. And the atmosphere in the house has been fúcking awful all week too, it's so stupid.

lock them in a room together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i just saw this on facebook
    saying 'single student' when getting a bus ticket and bursting into tears once you sit down

hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Trying to work out whether I'm being petty or not.

Really very annoyed with a friend of mine. She got engaged during the week, the whole parish knows about it, and I found out this morning from a neighbour.

This is the same person who texts me about a new pair of shoes or coat. Am I wrong to feel cross about not being told about something as huge as getting engaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Trying to work out whether I'm being petty or not.

Really very annoyed with a friend of mine. She got engaged during the week, the whole parish knows about it, and I found out this morning from a neighbour.

This is the same person who texts me about a new pair of shoes or coat. Am I wrong to feel cross about not being told about something as huge as getting engaged?

I can see why you'd be annoyed... Is there a reason she might not have told you though? Maybe if she's a good friend she wanted to tell you in person and underestimated how quickly gossip spreads??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Chilling out with the little lady and grandpa on the trampoline :) I'm mentally building her a tree house for when she is a bit bigger too, so excited!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just walked about 8K - which is probably more than I have walked in the last month all put together.
    :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

agh i cant focus anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Planning honeymoon at the moment :D
    Trying to get used to new phone after the other one took a swim :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

my poor baby girl had to go to the vet this morning after havin a row with the big fella :( She has a bald patch where the vet shaved her to get at the wound, she looks so funny. Poor thing is conked in bed with me now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Spent most of the day in nannys, had to get her dinner and we had some wine.

I don't know why but I always get really sleepy there. There's someone online who I want to argue with but I'm just to tired:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I popped into the supermarket on my way home from shopping for 7up and Doritos :o and omg I really do despise self check outs. "Unexpected item in the bagging area" :mad::mad: urgh cnut I hate her that voice person inside the machine :pac: I nearly screamed cnut at it just a while ago instead i just told her to **** off much to teh amusment or shock of the guy behind me :(:o

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I popped into the supermarket on my way home from shopping for 7up and Doritos :o and omg I really do despise self check outs. "Unexpected item in the bagging area" :mad::mad: urgh cnut I hate her that voice person inside the machine :pac: I nearly screamed cnut at it just a while ago instead i just told her to **** off much to teh amusment or shock of the guy behind me :(:o

Thank god there's other people that talk to machines, I've a vague memory of my aunt saying please and thank you to an atm machine

Orla K wrote: »
    Thank god there's other people that talk to machines, I've a vague memory of my aunt saying please and thank you to an atm machine

I probably looked like a proper mentalist! But my God she irritates me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

eat-all-the-socks_o_259529.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Knot in upper back. Rolling a tennis ball between back and the wall = win! Looks a bit silly but it works surprisingly well.

There's my DIY massage tip for the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I can see why you'd be annoyed... Is there a reason she might not have told you though? Maybe if she's a good friend she wanted to tell you in person and underestimated how quickly gossip spreads??

Hardly - she made no effort to see me this weekend (not even a text), and she knows I'm not around during the week because of work. While I wish the two of them all the best, it says a lot about how she views our friendship, and frankly, while I do care a lot and find it hurtful, I'll get over it.

I probably looked like a proper mentalist! But my God she irritates me so much.

Did it have a fancy english accent? Irish people don't seem to be too fond of fancy english accents telling them what to do.

I do remember being in a lift pushed the button next thing it said (if a female posh english accent "going down" I burst out laughing

Orla K wrote: »
    Did it have a fancy english accent? Irish people don't seem to be too fond of fancy english accents telling them what to do.

I do remember being in a lift pushed the button next thing it said (if a female posh english accent "going down" I burst out laughing

I have a fancy English accent :(

is this you? :pac:

2430577688_feel_like_a_sir_template_xlarge.jpeg

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

:oI'll rephrase it faceless fancy english accents... you do have a face?:o

right so im suppose to be meeting up with yer man tonight
    and we were suppose to come back to mine but then my housemates were home
    but turns out they are heading to the cinema woo!!
    problem... i text about tonight and he hasnt text back

i dunno what the story is coz i dont want to get dolled up and clean ferociously if its for nothing

also i did not cut the absolute crap out of my legs for nothing (while shaving)!! :mad:

i dont want to text again coz i dont want to seem like an absolute desperate weirdo :(

boys are silly!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

probs doesn't see a need to text back if he's said he's coming over already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

right so im suppose to be meeting up with yer man tonight
    and we were suppose to come back to mine but then my housemates were home
    but turns out they are heading to the cinema woo!!
    problem... i text about tonight and he hasnt text back

i dunno what the story is coz i dont want to get dolled up and clean ferociously if its for nothing

also i did not cut the absolute crap out of my legs for nothing (while shaving)!! :mad:

i dont want to text again coz i dont want to seem like an absolute desperate weirdo :(

boys are silly!!!

Ring him!

krudler wrote: »
    is this you? :pac:

2430577688_feel_like_a_sir_template_xlarge.jpeg

Eurgh don't be disgusted but whenever I drink something my pinky finger always sticks out :o

Ring him!

but after two texts would it not be a bit much?? as in stalker wise?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    probs doesn't see a need to text back if he's said he's coming over already

he hasnt been over before so we were going to meet in town and head back up
    ahhhh i should have just given him the feckin address or something

why am i so awkward??!!!!!

im stressing over nothing arent i??? :o

but after two texts would it not be a bit much?? as in stalker wise?

he hasnt been over before so we were going to meet in town and head back up
    ahhhh i should have just given him the feckin address or something

why am i so awkward??!!!!!

im stressing over nothing arent i??? :o

so text him the address,or ring him

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Knot in upper back. Rolling a tennis ball between back and the wall = win! Looks a bit silly but it works surprisingly well.

There's my DIY massage tip for the day ;)

Join the club!!! They are the best things for getting out knots if you have no one else with ya!

Essay nearly done as of 4.30am this morning. Still have a bit to go but can't focus on it. Can't believe we're back tomorrow, seems like 2 weeks have flown!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Mr. Boyfriend has headed home about an hour ago with his son. We had a great weekend together but I am missing him like crazy already. He couldn't really say goodbye before he left as he said he didn't want to go home and his son didn't want to go home either. I need some cheering up I think.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

So, I'm getting some exam results tomorrow morning and basically, I would be the happiest person in the world if it goes well. I'm 99% sure I didn't do as well as is needed, but there's still that tiny little smidgen of hope. So I'd really love it if you would all keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow, even though I know it makes no practical difference whatsoever :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement