Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

And order shipped :)
    Steve

and order recieved at 1100 this morning

its verry nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I would like to recommend www.ebaybanned.com as a great place to get multicam and gear. I have only dealt with the ordering side thus far, so view my comments in context. I had thought with a name like ebaybanned it would be a shoddy site, however, I was completely mistaken. Paul is a kind retailer. I had forgotten two items of about $30 value in a $300 dollar sale. I e-mailed Paul and asked could I have them shipped in my original order, he said yes, and at no extra charge. I'm sure there must be high enough margin in his products, but it's still something that will make me go back if he has something I need.
    + 1 for his including shipping in the overall price. Been looking at ebay for bdu's and gear, and I'm tired of seeing some great bargain, only to faced with shipping charges to the same value of the item. I realise his prices are similar, but it's the seeing what it's gonna cost in it's entirety up front that I like.

______

Also, while I'm at it. I'd also like to recommend MIA, a very good company to deal with. Shop is warm and inviting, the guys are very friendly and don't push you to buy, or try and upsell to a better model. They'll give it to you straight, and will sell you a cheapy over an top model if they think it would better suit you.

If you've got a problem, with an item, they're quick to try and rectify it. In my case they replaced a red dot site that came with an incompatibly allen key, which sheered the thread making it impossible to tighten. Had a problem with a gun, it didn't stop it from firing, but they let me hold on to it, till a replacement came in. Now I haven't used it since, but only because I think it might make the problem worse, but it's the thought that was there.

So five stars to MIA's complete service.
    Five stars to ebaybanned's ordering service - I'll comment on the goods they supply and returns at another stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

there both fairly well recommended already a few of us have got stuff from MIA, found a place thats cheaper for AEGS though ,waiting on an email with shipping costs before i post more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Getting some stuff from a German website

http://www.waffenostheimer.de.

Will post up how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

I ordered stuff from recon-company a german website, they said my order was shipped on the 7th and still no sign of it!:mad::mad::mad:

Rang them and found out it left Germany yesterday, so will prob be another week of waiting. It took 2 weeks to get my order of 4 items ready (trousers, jacket, bag, and ssav all flecktarn camo). That is really slow!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

hoplite wrote: »
    Getting some stuff from a German website

http://www.waffenostheimer.de/catalog/default.php?cPath=433&osCsid=7457a54b8976c3496f.

Will post up how I get on.

Some of those airsoft guns are pretty over priced €239 for a TM tactical launcher, they're €80ish on gunsnguys. :confused:

Some of those airsoft guns are pretty over priced €239 for a TM tactical launcher, they're €80ish on gunsnguys. :confused:

Yep agree I'm getting the DTV Tactical Vest in flecktarn to go with my Flecktarn loadout. I've been dithering around looking at german webbing and molle vests but dont fancy spending €150 euros until I figure out exactly what custom loadout I want.

This will do me for the time being. Similar vests available cheaper elsewhere I'm sure but not in flecktarn. If it lasts me till the summer I'll be happy. Who knows I might be wearing sofacam by then :D

http://www.waffenostheimer.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42_206&products_id=1020&osCsid=7457a54b8976c3496f.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

Current Status
    ARRIVED 20 November 07

Item History

ARRIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO. LAOIS 20 November 07
    ITEM ACCEPTED PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE PORTLAOISE CO. LAOISE 20 November 07

the reason i'm getting concerned is that i have seen a poster here before that posted some thing similar
    but the next day it said it was released for delivery but it have been two days for me and still nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

midajoh wrote: »
    Current Status
    ARRIVED 20 November 07

Item History

ARRIVED PORTLAOISE OVR CO. LAOIS 20 November 07
    ITEM ACCEPTED PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE PORTLAOISE CO. LAOISE 20 November 07

the reason i'm getting concerned is that i have seen a poster here before that posted some thing similar
    but the next day it said it was released for delivery but it have been two days for me and still nothing.

I wouldn't worry...those Track & Trace notices aren't exactly reliable.

I've often had stuff delivered to me, and a week later it still says ITEM ACCEPTED in Port Laoise. They aren't always updated when the item moves to the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

An post is hit and miss sometimes it works like a charm,
    others it does'nt according to the tracker website an AEG i recieved 2 months ago is still in waterford.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Following on from several threads recommending dealextreme.com
    on the Bargain Alerts board here, I happened across the following
    whilst browsing their site.
    All prices are in US dollars and shipping is free (usually takes 2 weeks)

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.914

Not too many items but what they have is priced pretty cheap:
    MP5 / G3 Gun Rail Mount for USD 10

M4 / M16 Gun Rail Mount for USD 6.66

They have several other rails and scopes/mounts.

I've placed an order and will let you know my thoughts upon arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Anyone happen to know whats the best delivery company to get something from Uncompany?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

kinkstr wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know whats the best delivery company to get something from Uncompany?

I received an order from UN Company in good time, no excess charges after entering Ireland via Speedpost EMS option. Your milage may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Lately ive fallen back in love with springers and am interested in getting a few for xmas to stick in the display, but am sickened by the shipping charges.

Ive seen some nice looking spas 12s, (good looking, probably sh1te!) that would look the part beside the m4 in a display and they are around 20$, but, they are around that again for shipping.

Is there any good sites to order off to get these types of airsofts on the cheap, uk, europe etc.? I know the good sites for decent gbbs and aegs but im taking a step back into the unknown with rubbish springers!

Any suggestions?

Edit: This!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Tzetze wrote: »
    I received an order from UN Company in good time, no excess charges after entering Ireland via Speedpost EMS option. Your milage may vary.

Cheers, does it take them long to get back to you a about how much the p&p is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

kinkstr wrote: »
    Cheers, does it take them long to get back to you a about how much the p&p is?

24-36 hrs. You can create as many orders as you like to check the shipping costs - there's no obligation to buy any particular order.

hoplite wrote: »
    Yep agree I'm getting the DTV Tactical Vest in flecktarn to go with my Flecktarn loadout. I've been dithering around looking at german webbing and molle vests but dont fancy spending €150 euros until I figure out exactly what custom loadout I want.

This will do me for the time being. Similar vests available cheaper elsewhere I'm sure but not in flecktarn. If it lasts me till the summer I'll be happy. Who knows I might be wearing sofacam by then :D

http://www.waffenostheimer.de.

Well I got my tac vest from Waffenostheimer today. Impressed with the quality and it appears to be comfortable though it'll take a few skirmishes to know for sure. Best of all I got a mini-pack of haribo gummi bears stapled to my receipt so +1 to Waffenostheimer.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Just want to say a big thanks to AirsoftEire.

Ordered a Tokyo Marui SR-16 at 13:30 yesterday and was at my door at 8:30 thismorning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

first time i ordered from gunsnguys.com this week, placed an order on saturday and got an invoice with shipping quote for bank transfer payment, emailed back asking to pay via paypal, got a paypal invoice and paid it on monday, order was shipped tuesday and got an email to confirm with a scan of the packing slip and arrived at my door this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

They are great aren't they! And so so cheap! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Just want to say a big thanks to AirsoftEire.

Ordered a Tokyo Marui SR-16 at 13:30 yesterday and was at my door at 8:30 thismorning.

Good stuff, you're welcome. ;)
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

how do you order from vipershop..its really weird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mauclerc

I have ordered some stuffs (around 100€ : belt, gloves, shoes, knees protections) from irishcombataccessories. 3 weeks later, nothing. There has been an update on the 27th of November and since nothing. They don't reply to e-mails, they don't answer to phone calls... Somebody had a similar experience with them? Should I start all the legal process if I want my money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Same thing happend to me, I emailed them and the goods were sent out the next day.

liamo333 wrote: »
    Same thing happend to me, I emailed them and the goods were sent out the next day.

I've already mailed them twice. Could you pm me the adress you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

i used the query button on their site. Send them another emailand if they ignore that one you could send them loads of the same email like 30+ :D

I got them on the phone, I should have everything next week (when I'm abroad...:p).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is the post going slow because of the Christmas? I ordered stuff off ehobbyasia it departed on the 28/29th of Nov. and no sign of it ariving yet. I was hoping to have it for this weekend. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

ScumLord wrote: »
    Is the post going slow because of the Christmas? I ordered stuff off ehobbyasia it departed on the 28/29th of Nov. and no sign of it ariving yet. I was hoping to have it for this weekend. :(

You think that's bad:p
    I ordered and paid for stuff from ehobbyasia on the 16 Nov - still nothing. I emailed them last night and they just said that they would start a trace and please wait:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You think that's bad:p
    I ordered and paid for stuff from ehobbyasia on the 16 Nov - still nothing. I emailed them last night and they just said that they would start a trace and please wait:mad:
    Was it actually shipped or did they forget to post it?

Advertisement