Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Ya my stuff arrived today as well, very pleased with the products, price and service.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

How much was the shipping, Iv heard a couple of these low-key sites charge nothing for items but rip you off like crazy for shipping and considering the shipping is factored into the VAT and Customs charges. Just check that aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Harekin: ebaybanned.com is actually the opposite, their list price includes shipping on all items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Marcus Tan

Hi there im a newbie here!:D:D Does anyone knoes wat's going in eirsoft.ie? ??
    Had order a Dboys M4 CQB/R (Metal) On 19 october n i get an email on21st (Order held pending resupply in approximately 7 days) lyke they already had everythings in stock on 28th but i still haven't received any of my item. Been 13 to 14days! :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Marcus Tan wrote: »
    Hi there im a newbie here!:D:D Does anyone knoes wat's going in eirsoft.ie? ??
    Had order a Dboys M4 CQB/R (Metal) On 19 october n i get an email on21st (Order held pending resupply in approximately 7 days) lyke they already had everythings in stock on 28th but i still haven't received any of my item. Been 13 to 14days! :confused::confused:

Sorry about the delay Marcus....I'm a one man operation, and I have a large backlog of orders to get through as well as a day-job :)
    I was out of stock for some time, but people were still ordering, so I'm a bit behind, but I'm processing the orders as quickly as I can in the order I received them. I should have yours out to you before the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Our shipping charges are based exactly on An Posts prices, plus roughly a €1 fee for cost of packing. We don't factor in the VAT & Duty we pay on importation in the consumers shipping, thats just one of the costs we take the hit for.

Sorry to hear your scope was left on CQB, we did test each one to make sure it was working, although we were fairly certain all were switched off. Sorry about that.

No bother buddie!:D
    Just try to find out coz it keeps me waiting n u knoe for a newbie is kinda nervous.;)
    Just wanna ask do u do laser?
    Coz sumtimes is hard for me to buy stuff from u guys coz i dun hav an mastercard. Any clue?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Marcus Tan wrote: »
    No bother buddie!:D
    Just try to find out coz it keeps me waiting n u knoe for a newbie is kinda nervous.;)
    Just wanna ask do u do laser?
    Coz sumtimes is hard for me to buy stuff from u guys coz i dun hav an mastercard. Any clue?:rolleyes:

I'll have Laser facilities in about 2-3 weeks, I've been told - just waiting for the bank to set it up.

Thanks appreciate tat.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Our shipping charges are based exactly on An Posts prices, plus roughly a €1 fee for cost of packing. We don't factor in the VAT & Duty we pay on importation in the consumers shipping, thats just one of the costs we take the hit for.

Sorry to hear your scope was left on CQB, we did test each one to make sure it was working, although we were fairly certain all were switched off. Sorry about that.

Didnt mean you guys, just some of the Asian sites rip off on shipping like crazy. And what I said was that Customs factor in the shipping charges when they're calculating how much the VAT/Customs handling charges are going to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Shiva wrote: »
    I'll have Laser facilities in about 2-3 weeks, I've been told - just waiting for the bank to set it up.

Hmm girlfriend has laser, my birthday in 5 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well the saga is only now coming to a close. after nearly 4 months and what must be well over 150 emails back and forth. i also made a fubar which i will never do again, namely when you get a credit note, use it and dont wait!

AnPost didnt exactly do a great job either, a 3-5 day delivery to HK nearly 8 weeks, 7.5 weeks in the dublin mail centre!

i have a lot of respect for keith, but the complete muppets in his company leave a lot to be desired...

i wont be using RSOV again in a hurry thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Big +1 for Shiva and Eirsoft. M14 Socom sitting on my desk here right now and all my co-workers sitting in fear, priceless; for everything else theres Mastercard :D

gandalf wrote: »
    Big +1 for Shiva and Eirsoft. M14 Socom sitting on my desk here right now and all my co-workers sitting in fear, priceless; for everything else theres Mastercard :D

Snap! same here great service from Tony as always. I hope to get up to HRTA tomorrow to test is out. If the short range groupings are anything to go by the M14 may be sehr gut indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Has anyone ordered from uncompany?what is the prossesing time before the payment quotation tingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Has anyone ordered from uncompany?what is the prossesing time before the payment quotation tingy?

i have a lot as it happens...it typically around 24 to 48 hours, the latter is around the max time...unless they are swamped. then to posting can be 1 to 3 days

cheers and how do you order from the new vipershop site?????????

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    woo!
    my Acu and vest arrived today!

only thing I'm worried about, customs charged me 76 euro
    on top of the price I paid for the gear
    what the hell is that about?!
    €45 for post office handeling
    €24 for Duty
    and €47 for Vat
    wtf?!?!

I ordered it on ebaybanned
    anyone else have this happen?

I've got some stuff on the way from the same crowd. Hasnt arrived yet :(
    His shipping prices are suspiciously cheap. I'll post to this thread when the gear arrives and let you know if I get stuck for similar charges.

Pity cos he has a tac vest I'd love to order but I'm going to wait and see how the first shipment goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

[EDIT:] Can one of the mods move this to the experiances
    with retailers thread if this post is more suitable there?
    I tried to delete it and repost it on that thread but the edit function has the delete post button
    disabled it used to work.

Feckin got stung a little last night when buying here. I bought about 6 items
    that were all individually cheap. Thought they would combine the order when
    I paid at the same time and give me a better postage deal but ended
    up paying $40 for postage on these tiny tiny items.

Now I am only hopeing they will package them in one box rather than
    sending them out to me as seperate packages.

The Place only combines multible items for the USA!!!
    Makes me wonder how people can buy a lot of cheap/small non heavy items?

Anyway heres what I picked up.
    30mm HIGH Profile Weaver Metal Scope Ring Mount #SM-36 US $2.50
    Marui AUG 80 Rounds Airsoft AEG Metal Magazine #TMP-83 US $12.99
    KJ Work P226 GBB Airsoft PIstol 24 Rd Magazine KJ-MG-07 US $20.50
    King Arms FAL 90rd Airsoft Rifle AEG Magazine KA-MAG-06 US $23.99
    KJ Works M9 M92F Airsoft Pistol 26rd Magazine KJ-MG-04 US $21.99
    US Army Digital Woodland Camo Patrol Cap Hat #HA-23-DWC US $2.99

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

bullets wrote: »
    Feckin got stung a little last night when buying here. I bought about 6 items
    that were all individually cheap. Thought they would combine the order when
    I paid at the same time and give me a better postage deal but ended
    up paying $40 for postage on these tiny tiny items.

Now I am only hopeing they will package them in one box rather than
    sending them out to me as seperate packages.

The Place only combines multible items for the USA!!!
    Makes me wonder how people can buy a lot of cheap/small non heavy items?

Anyway heres what I picked up.
    30mm HIGH Profile Weaver Metal Scope Ring Mount #SM-36 US $2.50
    Marui AUG 80 Rounds Airsoft AEG Metal Magazine #TMP-83 US $12.99
    KJ Work P226 GBB Airsoft PIstol 24 Rd Magazine KJ-MG-07 US $20.50
    King Arms FAL 90rd Airsoft Rifle AEG Magazine KA-MAG-06 US $23.99
    KJ Works M9 M92F Airsoft Pistol 26rd Magazine KJ-MG-04 US $21.99
    US Army Digital Woodland Camo Patrol Cap Hat #HA-23-DWC US $2.99

~B

eHobby dont combine postage so you have to be careful about that, sometimes the postage is more than the product and it adds up fast. Also, shouldnt this be in the retailer experiences thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep thats my only issue with ehobby, they gouge you on the shipping.

Apart from that they are an excellent etailers with packages getting over from Hong Kong in around 3 days. These days though with the irish etailers I would only use ehobby for their MAG mag packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Also, shouldnt this be in the retailer experiences thread?

hit the post button before I realized I was on the main forum.
    The Delete post button has been disabled as I am full sure that before
    I was able to delete my own posts!! via the edit post button.

whats more weird is I can delete this post or should I say reply right here but I cannot delete
    my original post!!!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Yeah, its been like that sincet he last update. Only some posts have the "edit" functionality.

Request a moderator move this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Got a custom battery from component-shop.co.uk for Ample Free...'s sig 552, emailed them a pic of how the battery should look last week, they came back to me with a quote and i ordered it last tuesday, battery was constructed and posted on wednesday and arrived here this morning (monday)

Their prices were decent enough aswell, it came to just about 25euro including shipping for an 8 cell (9.6v) custom shape mini battery

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Order sling late yesterday afternoon arrived on desk today amazing service, thanks lads.

Thanks cpb.
    We're actually managing same-day shipping on virtually all orders, next day at the absolute latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Thanks cpb.
    We're actually managing same-day shipping on virtually all orders, next day at the absolute latest.

order sent
    lol

And order shipped :)
    Steve

bought ultra air gas from airsoft eire.arrived next day.best service i ever had and a nice price too!

• Advertisement

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    Thanks K :rolleyes:
    anyway, yeah the acu and vest was 80 squid
    and then customs slapped that charge on it
    they had the stuff for 3 days!
    my dad thinks that customs just read the bloody label on it wrong

Got my kit from ebaybanned today. I would definately query those extra charges you had to pay. I was lucky and there were no extra charges.

+1 to Paul as well responded he to all my emails. Only criticism is that shipping is slow via China EMS.

Advertisement