Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connecting HP deskjet to wireless using UPC cisco router and MacBook Air

Options
  • 09-04-2014 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi, pretty new to Mac. I am trying to connect my HP deskjet printer to my wireless network. The MacBook etc all connect no problem to the UPC wireless network. The printer can connect to the MacBook via USB. Just cannot get the printer onto the network so that I can print wirelessly from the MacBook.
    Router is Cisco EPC3925. The printer has WiFi protected setup but this is hard-coded as disabled on the router and UPC gave me a PC support number to call at 1euro + per minute. Hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction for free? Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

With the printer plugged in using the USB set the wireless settings on the printer to match those of the router.
    That is set the SSID the encryption type and the wireless password on the printer to match those of the router.

You should be able to find instructions as to how to access the printer settings on the HP web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

I had to get the laptop out and do it on Windows. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it on Mac. Had it done in minutes on Windows. Moral of the story, don't throw out the crappy Dell laptop, just in case...
    Thanks for your help FSL. Any MAC experts out there, I'd be happy if you could tell me how to access those setting on OS Mavericks.

Advertisement