Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Death Toll.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And there's the Mexican drug wars too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

definitely worth it ..if we are taking sides i'll go with the yanks everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

America's population is overcrowding each year and why not start a fake war on countries who have oil and gold.it's money fuelled operation hell bent on taking out terrorism for the greater good. No it's to reduce the American population people die in war they're heroes yeah that's true but they have died in vein all for higher powers to grace they're pockets.government aren't worried about the welfare of these people who risk they're lives day in day out.hell they don't even properly look after their people after war services it's a shame and a disgrace having this war or any war I strongly disagree with it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Farty88 wrote: »
    It's a scary fact but a well thought out fact.America population is overcrowding each year

Is it?

Serious face. Is it?

Facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

A death toll that almost equates to 400 September 11th attacks but who cares the victims aren't white or western..shame on America and all their puppet collaborational states in the West and overly-compliant media for not dong enough to minimise the civillian slaughter..And after all the butchery,is the world any safer than September 10th 2001?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Murica brought the hurt on the sand people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

The Iraq death toll is a huge exaggeration. It's about one-tenth of that while American troops were there. I think the Lancet are responsible of that piece of propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

In the case of Afghanistan, they'd have been bombing the sh-te out of each other even if the americans hadn't gone in there, it's just what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

....what about the dead lads who got someone else to clock in for them because they were down the pub / hungover / didn't need double Irish.

I mean half these dead lads are claiming free taxis and on the scratch over here. One of them is in the sack with your best mates's ex as we speak.

Tragic.

Go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

You got to pay the troll toll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

the death toll in the US "War on Terror" is in exces of 1,300,000 people...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

calanus wrote: »
    You got to pay the troll toll...

I'm not taking bitcoins or sexual favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭edward2222

The Iraq death toll is a huge exaggeration. It's about one-tenth of that while American troops were there. I think the Lancet are responsible of that piece of propaganda.

Scientific surveys of Iraqi deaths resulting from the first four years of the Iraq War found that between 151,000 to over one million Iraqis died as a result of conflict during this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Farty88 wrote: »
    America's population is overcrowding each year

So you edit your post to take out the words "scary fact but a fact" about America being overcrowded, but don't add any basis for your statement.

I live in a state the size of Poland. It has 2 million people in it. Yes, TWO million. Poland has 38 million people in it. Is Poland "overcrowded"??

Such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So, it appears the death toll in the US "War on Terror" is in exces of 1,300,000 people...

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/US-War-on-Terror-Leaves-1.3-Million-Dead-in-Three-Countries-20150330-0011.html

Worth it?

I'd have to say no. :(

War of Terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

So, it appears the death toll in the US "War on Terror" is in exces of 1,300,000 people...

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/US-War-on-Terror-Leaves-1.3-Million-Dead-in-Three-Countries-20150330-0011.html

Worth it?

I'd have to say no. :(

It's laughable how the lefty 'I hate 'Murica' crowd conveniently ignore the fact that the vast majority of those deaths were dealt out by fellow muslims.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

definitely worth it ..if we are taking sides i'll go with the yanks everytime.

As opposed to who? Innocent men, women and children just because they have black hair and brown eyes?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Yeah, ok. The death toll in Syria was over 100,000 in two years yet people such as yourself are trying to make out that it was the same in Iraq in 10 years even with massive aerial bombardments indiscriminate shelling and tank and gunship attacks. The death toll in the destruction of fallujah alone was nearly 70,000. Close to 2 million Iraqis are dead thanks to your American holocaust. Faking the numbers to try and reduce your war crime isn't fooling anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Egginacup wrote: »
    Yeah, ok. The death toll in Syria was over 100,000 in two years yet people such as yourself are trying to make out that it was the same in Iraq in 10 years even with massive aerial bombardments indiscriminate shelling and tank and gunship attacks. The death toll in the destruction of fallujah alone was nearly 70,000. Close to 2 million Iraqis are dead thanks to your American holocaust. Faking the numbers to try and reduce your war crime isn't fooling anybody.

Again for the cheap seats, how many of those did the Americans shoot exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

edward2222 wrote: »
    Scientific surveys of Iraqi deaths resulting from the first four years of the Iraq War found that between 151,000 to over one million Iraqis died as a result of conflict during this time.

It's hardly scientific if there is that big of a gap between the max and min death toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

edward2222 wrote: »

You can hardly call that an precision range. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

3 years after the invasion of Iraq by the US, a poll done in the US found that over 70% of people actually believed that Iraq was responsible for Sept 11.

This was because of the massive propaganda campaign by the Bush administration in the lead up to, and during the invasion of Iraq.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

It's always bothered me what they call it. "The war on terror". How on earth do you declare war on an emotion? Or a feeling? Why are they called "Terrorists"?? What are they to the people who aren't terrified?? It's all very... Over sensationalised. Just call them militants, extremists, insurgents, civilians etc.

And America would want to get their finger out. 1.3 million? Nearly 60 times that died in little over half that period in the 40s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: So we've attacks here against America, Muslims, the left, science and emotions. I think that's enough for one train wreck of a thread. There's a politics forum that's much more suited to this sort of discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement