Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If it's not an option straight out, someone will figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

hibausof5r23.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

The ign video looks class... Seems a lot more in depth even while riding a bike the traffic noises are well done... Can't wait to jump outta plane and maybe forget to use my parachute... That splash and sound should be graphical...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well that seals it I need a new graphics card this christmas

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Glad the extra work on the details like the working speedo paid off, looks real good!

Is it gonna work on oculus rift? And when is the ps4s project Morpheus planned to be released? Playing GTA 5 with vr oh lawd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Have been thinking about replaying this on PS3 before Christmas. Will definitely put it off to get the PC version now. This looks like it will be a whole new experience. Always wanted to experience a Rockstar open world in first person.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sweet baby jesus.

That's an absolute masterstroke from Rockstar.

A few details about next gen:

On PS4, if cops are after you, the light bar on the joypad will flash red and blu and the police radio will come through the speaker on the joypad.

While driving, you can flick the touchpad to change radio station.

The Zentorno with neon underglow looks savage
    rsggtavngscreenshot110jpg-37b978_640w.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Can't wait for this just don't know if ill spend €75 on it again, hopefully some places might have it for cheap on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't see mods making their way to GTA online on PC, what with the Shark cards and all giving R* incentive to restrict it online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

sheehy83 wrote: »

On PS4, if cops are after you, the light bar on the joypad will flash red and blu and the police radio will come through the speaker on the joypad.

The Zentorno with neon underglow looks savage
    rsggtavngscreenshot110jpg-37b978_640w.jpg

That is fuking sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

That looks ****ing sweet. Could completely change the way the campaign plays. Really exicited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did someone say first person prostitute in your car? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

PC version here I come. It looks great, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Really like that pressing down on the d-pad will have you duck down under the dash to avoid taking damage in FPS mode. Such a great detail.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

iwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantit iwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantit iwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantit iwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantit

Seriously, I've never been more tempted to drop out of college, buy a PS4 and just piss my life away. :pac:

So, GTAV, GOTY 2013, 2014 and 2015 then? :P

Class comparison between ps3 and ps4.

noj1vc.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

First person on the motorbike, my preferred mode of transport, looks unreal. More excited for this than any other game on PS4 thus far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

First person GTA.

Mind completely and utterly blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭dasdog

Gone from sceptical to very impressed. I've no next gen so I'll wait for the PC version and get my fps training in ARMA3 :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah, was looking forward to playing it again this month, but then i remembered that we've still 3 months till a pc release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Will be getting on PS4 and PC now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

After seeing that comparison pic, I immediately put my PS3 copy up on Adverts. Had been on the fence somewhat, but with the First Person view, and those awesome visuals, the decision has become easier!

I'm selling my ps3 as well, hopefully won'y have to go on adverts though but definitely not giving it to gamestop for 40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I'm selling my ps3 as well, hopefully won'y have to go on adverts though but definitely not giving it to gamestop for 40 quid.

Let's see Kesh and Proco not switch now :pac:

sooo getting this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Let's see Kesh and Proco not switch now :pac:

sooo getting this

I'm still not switching for a good while yet, nothing has changed there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The whole thing I found fascinating about the first person perspective is it had the overwhelming feel of some kind of scripted car chase or shootout from Battlefield or CoD being able to make actual gameplay where you can do what you want and go where you want but still feel scripted is going to be insane

Advertisement