Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V PC - April 14th

Options
  • 25-09-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently more references to the PC version have been found and it looks like it's going to take full advantage of PC hardware allowing more than 4gb of ram to be used and 2k 0r 4k textures.

http://wccftech.com/gta-v-pc-code-dx-11-x64-2k-textures/

If this is true the PC version could be a monster of a game.

Release date rumors put the release date at the 22th of November which isn't that far away at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh, release date rumours mean nothing, it could be next December by the time the PC version is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Meh, release date rumours mean nothing, it could be next December by the time the PC version is released.
    It could be, I was a bit surprised too. I was half expecting them to release for the new consoles before PC. Although it could just as easily come out with the new console versions. I think after making a billion so quickly they don't need to milk the title for all it's worth.

The fact there's so many mentions of the PC version in the code for the console versions makes me think it's been in development alongside the console versions rather than them waiting until after the consoles version is finished to make a start on the conversion. There's a lot of talk about the ICE mod for IV and maybe the GTA guys want to make their version look as good if not much better than that mod as a matter of pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

All it needs is AA and its just a more stunning game.

It looks pretty good on consoles as is. Impressively good.

Apparently this is PC gameplay. I can't tell if it looks any better than the console, the only thing that indicates it's PC is the desktop in the background. Can anyone tell if there's stuff that's no in the console like draw distance/textures?

ScumLord wrote: »

Apparently this is PC gameplay. I can't tell if it looks any better than the console, the only thing that indicates it's PC is the desktop in the background. Can anyone tell if there's stuff that's no in the console like draw distance/textures?

Cant watch in work but you can hook a PS3/Xbox to a pc and play it in a window so if its fake it could be that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Looks like PC version anyway - if you go to 0:24 you can see (in russian) press F to drink, on the PS3/Xbox that button is right arrow. The lighting in the house looks a bit more fancy but not much of a difference otherwise.

Hingo wrote: »
    Looks like PC version anyway - if you go to 0:24 you can see (in russian) press F to drink,
    That's easily achieved though, I could do it in a few minutes if I had the video to work with.

Many reports say the textures in the PC version will be much more detailed and you shouldn't suffer the same kind of pop up. It's hard to tell with the textures because the qualities so bad but I didn't notice any pop up. Although I wouldn't know where to look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It shows the "H" key to share the song on the radio but it looks like someone's just added it in as it's a bit off from the rest.

The aiming later on does not look like it's done with a mouse (free aim on a controller), he passes his target each time and even in slow motion.

Draw distance is also not what you'd expect but that can be lowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Comparing the draw distance to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbYyMq4cGU and it looks like it's possibly a console with the colours hiked up. I say this as the colours seem to be all hiked up. The buildings in the distance are the same, but darker, the car is redder, so maybe they threw it through some contrast software?

Video isnt even in 1080p ffs im calling shenagigans :S

Hope im wrong tho :D

• Advertisement

It was also up 4 months ago.

Varik wrote: »
    It was also up 4 months ago.
    Was that not an xbox version or something?

Was that not an xbox version or something?

Going by the price history on their site, the price was listed for the last 5 or so days and before that the last price they had was from June.

gddn.png

I wonder will Rockstar be at this years E3, and if so, I hope they'll be showing promo's of GTA V on the PS4/xBone, and maybe even the PC.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It just dawned on me that we haven't heard anything about GTA V on PC or even on the new consoles.

I'm keen to play the online element of the game, but I'm damned if I'm giving Microsoft money for an online service just for this (it's the only time my XBox saw the light of day in the last 2 years).

Shiminay wrote: »
    It just dawned on me that we haven't heard anything about GTA V on PC or even on the new consoles.
    Yup. Awaiting E3 to see if Rockstar shows it's goods there.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/547255/20140409/gta-v-ps4-xbox-one-rumours-borderlands.htm#.U0WUfvldV8E
    The translation of the tweet reads: Since I asked what degree: The release of #GTAV for PC, Xbox One and PS4 is June.

But the tweet itself mentions rumours, but if a retailer would tweet about something to this degree, there may be more to this than just plain fabricated rumours. Still, nothing is official unless you hear it straight from Rockstar Games.
    Not what to believe, but June would be awesome. It being GTA V, no pre-advertisement, as it'll be pretty much a case of "title release" followed by "I'm throwing money at screen, but nothing is happening" :pac:

the_syco wrote: »
    Jesus, at that rate why do they even bother?

These stories seem to pop up every so often I don't think they're based on any real information. At this stage I wonder will they release for PC, it's like they're giving up on the platform just as it's going through a bit of a rebirth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think they will release it on the PC eventually but I think for now they are just focusing on the consoles versions, because lets be honest, there is a lot wrong with the current console versions, mainly online. Plus they still have not delivered on a lot of their promises such as heists.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

Not fair I just want the single player on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

As bad as it is, Online seems to be their baby now. I reckon they were expecting it to be up and running with minimal issues and then they could get to work on the PC version. Obviously, that didnt happen. Online is still being worked on now so I'd be pretty surprised if a PC release happened any time soon.

I feel bad for the regular players, but the Elitest PC rules all brigade have made the lack of news pretty enjoyable. I remember talk before the game was released on consoles and a lot were saying they would never lower themselves to a console version. Wonder if they still feel the same now :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    As bad as it is, Online seems to be their baby now. I reckon they were expecting it to be up and running with minimal issues and then they could get to work on the PC version. Obviously, that didnt happen. Online is still being worked on now so I'd be pretty surprised if a PC release happened any time soon.

I feel bad for the regular players, but the Elitest PC rules all brigade have made the lack of news pretty enjoyable. I remember talk before the game was released on consoles and a lot were saying they would never lower themselves to a console version. Wonder if they still feel the same now :D
    Damn straight. There's no consoles aloud in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Still WAITING, come on already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

No_Rage_Face.png

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news
    Today we're proud to announce that the critically-acclaimed and record-breaking Grand Theft Auto V is coming this fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
    About funking time!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-gta-5-for-xbox-ps4-pc-has-increased-draw-distances-better-resolution-new-wildlife/1100-6420302/
    Finally, GTAV for PC will feature a video editor that Rockstar says is designed for "advanced movie-making." It's unclear if this video editor will come to Xbox One and PS4.
    I'm thinking it'll be the social club thing that was in GTA IV?
    Preorders for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC versions of GTAV will be available starting tomorrow, June 10. The game launches in full later this fall.
    I'll probably be pre-ordering this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A good six months after everybody else stops caring :pac:

If you have yet to play it, lower your expectations. It's a fun enough game and looks great but it doesnt have much replay value for me. Dont be setting yourself up only to be let down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

lol I agree, no one cares about it now! prob pointless releasing it on pc now, they fecked theirselfs up trying to be money hungry releasing the buggy gta v to the xbox and ps3 to pull in a loada money! they can not be trusted after that stunt! and im not the only one of that opinion! look at rockstar forums lol they should really listin to their fans!

Advertisement