Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Surely Treyarch took people who genuinely Lag out into consideration with this Probation thingy?

I don't know why I asked that cause they clearly dont, playing 10 minutes of Headquarters and I lag out when we're winning and in hit with a 5 minute wait? What the ****.

I can see why they put it in the game obviously but sometimes there are very good reasons to leave a game or lag out obviously.

Whats next? 10 minute penalty?20 minute? I'm scared to find out, damn my connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

So what do people think??

It seems that lag compensation returns with a vengeance for people with good internet :(

Any game I have been host it is unplayable. I can empty a whole clip into somebody and nothing and they are getting instant kills and kills through walls etc. The gun will just not aim when I am host. I am going from games where I am not host I am getting 2.5kd to 0.6 when I am host. The only kills I get is when somebody is facing the other direction and not moving.

I am getting host much more then usual for some reason with this game. When I am not host I do not have these issues. I also keep getting matched with American lobbys and getting host. It makes no sense except maybe its just the just the number of Americans online. It seems every game I go into the host quits and I get host :mad:

I am sure it will settle down a bit. I just wish Activision would give dedicated servers for this game. Same ****e at launch every year.

Apart from that it is a great game and I am looking forward getting stuck into it. Its one issue but it is a huge issue for me. I have been playing Halo 4 since launch and have not had a single issue with lag compensation or hit detection. Just seems less laggy bull**** kills and more skill based. Hard to tell which one I will play more in the future but I will keep both.

Domination is ****ing hectic in this game. Very hard to cap B unless you are playing as a team. Especially that map with the town square. I love the way domination is split into two rounds now. FFA is mental as usual.
    Agree with this.

While I''m sort of enjoiyng the game. The connections in it totally ruin. I'll have a 4 bar, but the amount of **** to put up with is tough.

The lags ridiculous don't know how to describe it, but ever since cod4 the hit detection has been brutal. It must have something to do with the system COD have been using obviously interlinking with everyones connections. I'm fairly certain they changed it after COD4.

Dedicated servers would make it so much better, but can't see that happening for years!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Great for people like me who are on 3 bar at best \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Great for people like me who are on 3 bar at best \o/
    Might start downloading while I'm playing. Ultimate sponge. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Finical wrote: »
    Might start downloading while I'm playing. Ultimate sponge. :D

Yep, that's my plan. Try run netflix in the background. I read that it is the best thing to run in the background as it is consistent and you can choose low settings. Will give it a go later. I also read about changing connection matchmaking priority from normal to best to get more local games. If you are host the more crap connections that joins in the more messed up lag comp gets.

Hopefully tonight will be a better experience from a lag comp perspective. Its a shame because I am enjoying all other aspects of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You must have tried spamming on nuketown to have found it out.

Who hasn't lobbed a grenade at the start of a nuketown match? was a handy way to get a kill from the off on Blops 1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Played a bit last night, finding it a great laugh. Maps seem good and easy to remember. A good hectic laugh! Some a mount of UAV's being set off though. Enemies constantly on the map, would prefer less of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

It seems that lag compensation returns with a vengeance for people with good internet :(

Any game I have been host it is unplayable. I can empty a whole clip into somebody and nothing and they are getting instant kills and kills through walls etc. The gun will just not aim when I am host. I am going from games where I am not host I am getting 2.5kd to 0.6 when I am host. The only kills I get is when somebody is facing the other direction and not moving.

I am getting host much more then usual for some reason with this game. When I am not host I do not have these issues. I also keep getting matched with American lobbys and getting host. It makes no sense except maybe its just the just the number of Americans online. It seems every game I go into the host quits and I get host :mad:

I am sure it will settle down a bit. I just wish Activision would give dedicated servers for this game. Same ****e at launch every year.

Apart from that it is a great game and I am looking forward getting stuck into it. Its one issue but it is a huge issue for me. I have been playing Halo 4 since launch and have not had a single issue with lag compensation or hit detection. Just seems less laggy bull**** kills and more skill based. Hard to tell which one I will play more in the future but I will keep both.

Domination is ****ing hectic in this game. Very hard to cap B unless you are playing as a team. Especially that map with the town square. I love the way domination is split into two rounds now. FFA is mental as usual.

Exaclty what is happening to me. I could shoot at someone on the back, he will turn around and kill me with a couple of rounds...

Now I have no choice but to join running games to avoid being host. Hit detection is not working too well either!

UAV everywhere so the only way to flank the enemy is by using the default ghost class which means, as soon as I shoot my gun I come up in the radar and I am dead! Counter UVA will be great if available at a sooner stage as I think you have to be level 44 to unlock it... that's not good

Still really enjoying it atm, I hated black ops 1, really liking Black Ops 2. I can't play search though, at least until they fix that lag compensation thing. Or I could always buy a second line with an aweful dsl provider and use it to play the game :p

Playing hardzone or whatever is called. I use to play search to rank up quickly but search kills only count as 100 points now (more or less the same as TDM) so no point in playing it.

Also, has anybody noticed that when its the last round (lets say search and rounds are 3-3 and you are switching sides you end up in the same one? I mean, if you were plating and the game says "switching sides" (for the 7th round) you end up planting again when you should be defending...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No such problems for me on PC, Treyarch have dedicated servers up for PC and things are rock solid.

I have at least a 2.3 Kd on every Cod since Cod 4, yet I can barely hold a 1.0 Kd in this game.

I lose nearly all of my gunfights and it seems the only time I can get a kill is when someone runs past me.

Any other season cod players finding it hard to play at the same level as previous cods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TheStook wrote: »
    I have at least a 2.3 Kd on every Cod since Cod 4, yet I can barely hold a 1.0 Kd in this game.

I lose nearly all of my gunfights and it seems the only time I can get a kill is when someone runs past me.

Any other season cod players finding it hard to play at the same level as previous cods?

i found it very hard on the first night. im usually a 2.4 or so k/d but i barely held 1.7 but now im 2.2 so i guess i just had to get used to it

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i found it very hard on the first night. im usually a 2.4 or so k/d but i barely held 1.7 but now im 2.2 so i guess i just had to get used to it

I'll keep plugging away so

i cannot believe alot of people are saying its awfull:confused: its honestly the best call of duty game ive ever played!

my only complaints are things that youd expect with a brand new game...

game freezes alot when a game first starts, emblem editor etc take ages to load and my nuketown cod isnt working...yet. anyone else have that code problem yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Agree with Mark, I think it's great, haven't had any problems yet (fingers crossed!)

Perfect timing too, on antibiotics & the doc says I've got to take it easy for a day or two :) I feel a 10 hour session coming on :D

just looked online and the reason lots of our codes are invalid is because somehow there is duplicate codes and everyones codes have been used in germany. they contacted sony and got told that :S i paid 90 euro and i cant even get what i paid for.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

just looked online and the reason lots of our codes are invalid is because somehow there is duplicate codes and everyones codes have been used in germany. they contacted sony and got told that :S i paid 90 euro and i cant even get what i paid for.............

That's crap! my Nuketown 2025 code worked fine (I used it last night) I'd get on to them ASAP, the contact info on the back of the Nuketown card is: support.activision.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Same here,decent enough at prior games and just can't win gunfights in this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Same here,decent enough at prior games and just can't win gunfights in this.

Crap at prior games and pleased to report still crap at this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

They should just release nuke town for free for everybody. I'm not just saying that because I didn't get a code...

I'm really liking the game so far. Although it feels more like MW 2.5 than BO2. It looks like they just took the engine from MW and put it into BO. Still not a bad thing. The guns seem as powerful and accurate as MW so its easy to be sniped with a sub machinegun. I would have liked less power and accuracy.

The maps for the party games are too big, so you spend it trying to find people, they need to section it off like BO and show who is first on the mini map.

Getting disconnect a lot and the game is freezing, only way to fix it is turning off the PlayStation.

So far I'm pretty happy with it. Needs a few things fixed but that's to be expected. Haven't played in over a year because the last one was terrible. So its good to get back to it.

dacogawa wrote: »
    That's crap! my Nuketown 2025 code worked fine (I used it last night) I'd get on to them ASAP, the contact info on the back of the Nuketown card is: support.activision.com

i emailed activision just there. id be happy enough if they sort it out but im annoyed cos it looks like i wont be getting the double xp this weekend unless they sort their mess out very quick:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Played a good 6-7 hours last night once I got in from work and I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far.

A lot of us in the party were pretty annoyed initially from dying out of nowhere etc. but that just needs map knowledge which will come in time.

This is supported by the scores we got when we switched to the Nuketown playlist and ran riot on teams.

I went something along the lines of 48-2 using the DSR 50 Sniper - God bless that gun :D

Also, throwing a silencer on an AR/SMG and flanking around the back of spawns really pays off at the moment because people are focusing so much on the UAVs that your silenced kills are that much more effective

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Yeah I think it is too, last cod I played was black ops 1 and I had a k/d of 2.4, have 1.5 with this.

It seems that you are easier to kill (do you have less health or do weapons do more damage???), if someone catches you unaware you are dead unless they are terrible at the game. Where as previously you might have had time to run around a corner, turn around and shoot or take out your secondary.
    Plus not many have ghost yet so you are probably appearing on their radar every time the other team get a uav.

But alas none of this matters to me any more, I got my €60 refunded :D

I think it's a poor game, definitely not worth €60, I even think BO 1 is better. I like the revamped create a class and the prestige token but not much else. Was looking forward to the divisions thing but there were feck all people playing it and only got 3 games. It has less stats than BO 1 did (used to love analysing my stats), lack of weapons (if you're not running around with a silenced mp7 or type 25 you are in the minority), host migration, same old repetitive run and gun gameplay, random freezing and not being able to play online today didn't help.

Even zombies has gotten boring, didn't try the single player but oh well. My advice to anyone on the fence is don't get it and if you did get it and are unhappy with it leave it back.

Going to head back to bf3 to enjoy some dedicated servers, teamwork, tactical battles, weapon variety and not getting slaughtered by stealth helis because your teammate has gone 0-20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Same here. Normaly run about 1.7 to 2.0 but now floating at 1.37. Weird but anyway enjoying it way more than mw3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i cannot believe alot of people are saying its awfull:confused: its honestly the best call of duty game ive ever played!

my only complaints are things that youd expect with a brand new game...

game freezes alot when a game first starts, emblem editor etc take ages to load and my nuketown cod isnt working...yet. anyone else have that code problem yet?

so far its second to COD4 as being the most fun without being infuriating to play, I'm sure that'll change once the Ghost brigade start showing up for now I'm enjoying this far,far more than I expected. High five for Treyarch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Am I imagining things or did BLOPs1 have a game mode with no Ghost? Is it in 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

IPAM wrote: »
    Am I imagining things or did BLOPs1 have a game mode with no Ghost? Is it in 2?
    It did ya....no ghost or 2nd chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ghost is there is it not. Its a high level perk. At least I thought I saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I mean is the game mode from BLOPs1 that didn't allow ghost/2nd chance in BLOPs2?

Also, when you prestige do you lose your perks or is only a matter of time before the place is riddled with ghost?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭klose

What's up with the knife? Can't kill anyone with it! Guess its a good thing as I've hardly been knifed so far..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

IPAM wrote: »
    I mean is the game mode from BLOPs1 that didn't allow ghost/2nd chance in BLOPs2?

Also, when you prestige do you lose your perks or is only a matter of time before the place is riddled with ghost?

the gamemode is not in this........I don't think it is anyway. Don't know if you lose your perks.

Advertisement