Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Baptism merely symbolic?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

In the case of all Christians we need to have faith in Christ and a willingness to repent before being baptised, Yes I agree on this one. . This is clearly spoken of in Acts 2 38. "Then Peter said unto them, repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins. You must remember that with Infant Baptism the most important part of this verse ie the "Repent" part is ommitted because the kid is too young to understand.

I cannot see the logic of any infants being condemmed to hell because they had not reached the age of reason to decide for themselves.
    OK, let me try again.

Why do you deny that baptism remits sin as shown in Acts 2:38 and 22:16?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

I cannot see the logic of any infants being condemmed to hell because they had not reached the age of reason to decide for themselves.

They are not condemned to hell, that is but a fear mongering tactic employed by the Catholic Hierarchy in order to keep as many people Catholic as possible. I had no freedom of religion when I was born. I was Christened, made Communion and Confirmation by the time I was 14 years old and I know for an absolute fact that I was not a Christian in the true sense of the word. A Christian is simply a person who follows Christ and/or someone who follows a Church leader because they genuinely believe that that Church leader is following Christ. I only needed to look at my local Catholic Church and to read the Bible to see that they were not following Christ and neither was I following Christ before I came to know the truth about Christianity. I know that for an absolute fact too. Never wanted to nor didn’t intend to. I was hit by a bolt out of the blue of God's Word being taught properly and the scripture came true for me that faith comes be hearing and hearing by the Word of God. That is what happened to me. Worldly power and control is what the Catholic Hierarchy are most concerned with not the salvation of the soul. But I don't believe that that is the case for all Catholics, just the machinery that drives the institution.

Advertisement