Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most horrific horror films...

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

A-Trak wrote: »
    Watched "Daddy's little girl," over the past few days. While certainly gory, I didn't find it at all horrific. No real suspense or terror.

I did however also watch "It follows." One of the best horror films I've seen in years. Highly recommended.

I thought It Follows was a real original approach. Good movie.
    Not much re-watch value though.

Currently watching "Amerikan Mary".

Looks reasonable so far.
    Only 20 minutes in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I usually find war movies to be best horrors as they portray "real" scenarios and not ghosts/ghouls.
    Savior with Dennis Quaid is really good. It focuses on the atrocities during the Yugoslav War in early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So I finally got around to watching A Serbian Film.

Ended up being the uncut version.. That was extremely difficult to watch, only reason I was able at certain points was by thinking it's just a film, it's not real over and over.

There was one scene in particular though that I just felt disturbed watching it, anyone who's seen it should know that scene. Although there are a few..

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

The Girl Next Door (2007) was last movie I watched which truly disturbed me. I think it was more the fact that it caught me so off guard, starts off like a made for TV movie but then descends into a really horrific True life story about the life of Sylvia Likens. Be warned not for the faint-hearted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭droidman123

The Girl Next Door (2007) was last movie I watched which truly disturbed me. I think it was more the fact that it caught me so off guard, starts off like a made for TV movie but then descends into a really horrific True life story about the life of Sylvia Likens. Be warned not for the faint-hearted.

An american crime is a similar movie,i think its based on jack ketchums novel,what makes it all the more horrific is that its based on a true story.the girl next door and an american crime are one of the same movies,just done in a slightly different way.worth checking out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

An american crime is a similar movie,i think its based on jack ketchums novel,what makes it all the more horrific is that its based on a true story.the girl next door and an american crime are one of the same movies,just done in a slightly different way.worth checking out

Yea both are based on the same true life story of Sylvia Likens. Came out in the same year as well although I heard An American Crime is supposed to be more fact based. Haven't seen An American Crime yet but have it on my watchlist from Netflix the past month or so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Schindler's List. Because it happened.

I've never been able to watch that movie again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

For me it was Cannibal Holocaust as I didn't realise until halfway through that they were real animals being killed - found out right at the giant turtle scene when house mate read the Wikipedia on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

goodnight mommy *shudder*

wasn't even a great movie, just truly horrific :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement