Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I posted in the hope that it might be and I didn't know about it... sorry. I can't believe its not actually, its a classic if ever there was one.

I'll keep an eye out. Would love to see it myself actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The Screen are also showing it on December 8th as per Monkeyfudge's post. I'll defo go as it's years since I seen it so it should be a good watch all over again :)

I'll do a special post for it once the dates and times are confirmed.

Gutted about this! Love this flick and I'm gonna be out of the country from 3rd til 8th dec! :( Would LOVE to see this on the big screen! :eek:
    Do post full dates when you find out! Maybe I'll be able to catch it after the 8th!

Skinfull wrote: »
    Gutted about this! Love this flick and I'm gonna be out of the country from 3rd til 8th dec! :( Would LOVE to see this on the big screen! :eek:
    Do post full dates when you find out! Maybe I'll be able to catch it after the 8th!

I'd say it will shown as they are showing it becuase of the new print and I can't see them only showing it once. Screen for instance have shown Singin In The Rain three times after the first night.

Think they decide after the see how demand is and I would say it will quite high for this. Can't wait myself.

Will go to Cineworld though as I hate the seats in The Screen. I usually end up sitting at the wall to get legroom.

Oklahoma (1955)

11265.jpg

The Screen Cinema
    Tues Dec 1st .. 8.20pm

Went to this last night and get this ..

George Hook was there giving a talk about the movie!!! ??? :eek: :confused:

Apparently there was food and wine free someplace before it. I got there and he gave some chat about Okalahoma and how cool The Screen is to show these movies and that he's be organising more?

WTF .. I didn't know these films were arranged by him? Does he talk about them on the radio??

EDIT: Found this link .. http://www.newstalk.ie/uncategorized/classic-movie-screening-oklahoma-tuesday-1st-december/

Apparently there was food and wine free someplace before it. I got there and he gave some chat about Okalahoma and how cool The Screen is to show these movies and that he's be organising more?

WTF .. I didn't know these films were arranged by him? Does he talk about them on the radio??

EDIT: Found this link .. http://www.newstalk.ie/uncategorized/classic-movie-screening-oklahoma-tuesday-1st-december/

OMG!!!
    An American in Paris 15th Dec and Meet Me In St Louis 22nd.

Sorry but... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Best. Thread. Ever.

BTW...Gay Byrne was at the cinema when I went to see Singing in the Rain. Though he wasnt giving a talk or anything. Was just there like the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Yeah I think it's called the newstalk movie club! My parents got free tickets to Oklahoma because of it. They do free screenings all the time, you just have to email them to be put on the list or something like that.

Would have loved to see Oklahoma on the big screen but I didn't know about it!

fonpokno wrote: »
    Would have loved to see Oklahoma on the big screen but I didn't know about it!

You'll just have to subscribe to this thread then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wizard of Oz at the Screen this evening. Looking forward to it. Haven't seen it in years and have just finished reading the book too.

Wizard of Oz at the Screen this evening. Looking forward to it. Haven't seen it in years and have just finished reading the book too.

Yes, just to confirm again ..

Screen Cinema
    Tonight .. 6.30pm

I'm gonna wait for the Cineworld shows though. I love The Screen, but the screens are much bigger there and I am so looking forward to it ..

Enjoy tonight :)

I prefer the charm of the Screen cinema.

Cineworld stresses me out... makes feel like I'm in an airport!

• Advertisement

I prefer the charm of the Screen cinema.

Cineworld stresses me out... makes feel like I'm in an airport!

Not during weekday afternoons when I'm skiving off work it doesn't ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭SOD's Lovechild

Was it just me or did they mess up the aspect ratio for the screening of The Wizard of OZ tonight? The top and bottom of the screen were being cut-off. It was most noticeable during the credits but throughout the film tops of heads and headwear were being cut-off. It didn't ruin the movie but was an annoyance.

Yes, just to confirm again ..

Screen Cinema
    Tonight .. 6.30pm

I'm gonna wait for the Cineworld shows though. I love The Screen, but the screens are much bigger there and I am so looking forward to it ..

Enjoy tonight :)

Is it going to get a screening in cineworld?! Please tell me this is so! :eek:

Is it going to get a screening in cineworld?! Please tell me this is so! :eek:

17th of December is what I heard, but can't confirm as of yet.

Fingers crossed it's true :)

White Christmas (1954)

317773474_f3bbc148cb.jpg

IFI Cinema
    Wed 16th December .. 11.00am

The Red Shoes (1948)

Red_shoes.jpg

Lighthouse Cinema

Sun 13th December

3.00pm
    8.15pm

Mon 14th - Thurs 17th

2.15pm
    8.15pm

An American in Paris (1951)

An_American_in_Paris_poster.jpg

Screen Cinema

Tues15th
    6.30pm

17th of December is what I heard, but can't confirm as of yet.

Fingers crossed it's true :)

Ah no! I got my ticket for Avatar that night! Crud!!
    An American in Paris (1951)

An_American_in_Paris_poster.jpg

Screen Cinema

Tues15th
    6.30pm

I'm gonna break my neck to get to this screening! LOVE that movie!

Ah no! I got my ticket for Avatar that night! Crud!!!

Looks like they are not showing it now.

They did this with another classic film in October after having it in the coming soon.

The IFI were also supposed to show it.

The print was just released a few months back, they can't just have one damn showing in the Screen .. I'm gonna email them and see if they will show it again over Christmas.
    I'm gonna break my neck to get to this screening! LOVE that movie!

Well, don't sit in front of me. I'll see nothing with your damn neck brace ;)

Looks like they are not showing it now.

They did this with another classic film in October after having it in the coming soon.

The IFI were also supposed to show it.

The print was just released a few months back, they can't just have one damn showing in the Screen .. I'm gonna email them and see if they will show it again over Christmas.

Well, don't sit in front of me. I'll see nothing with your damn neck brace ;)

Oh man if you email them I'll email them...we should inundate them!! :eek: HAS to be more than one screening for this flick of JOY!!!

Cant wait to see AIP tomorrow!! Way more excited than I should be! :D

• Advertisement

It's A Wonderful Life (1946)

ExplorePAHistory-a0j9l2-a_349.jpg

IFI Cinema
    Mon 21st - Wed 23rd
    2pm & 6.20pm

The Godfather (1972)

189695.1020.A.jpg

Swan Cinema
    Sun 20th - Wed 23rd
    8.50pm

Meet Me In St Louis (1944)

197088.1020.A.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Tues 22nd
    6.30pm

Scrooged (1988)

scrooged.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Tues 22nd
    8.30pm

I've been absolutely obsessed with the 'Under the Bamboo Tree' song for the past month or so. So can't wait for tonight.

Trying to teach myself to play it on the ukulele at the moment.

Scrooged (1988)

scrooged.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Tues 22nd
    8.30pm

Oh man! I cant believe I missed this!
    Christmas is RUINED! :(

Oh man! I cant believe I missed this!
    Christmas is RUINED! :(

Don't say that :)

Was good. Another George Hook screening and he shook everyone's and wished us all a Merry Christmas as we left.

Think he took the film to heart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Another George Hook screening and he shook everyone's and wished us all a Merry Christmas as we left.

You left out a body part. I'm hoping for "hand", but who knows what happens in them pervy arthouse cinematic emporiums.

Don't say that :)

Was good. Another George Hook screening and he shook everyone's and wished us all a Merry Christmas as we left.

Think he took the film to heart :D

Did y'all break into song at the end of the flick along with Bill Murray?! :eek:
    I'm gutted. I was saving it for a christmas eve viewing but I'm not sure if I can face it now!

• Advertisement

You left out a body part. I'm hoping for "hand", but who knows what happens in them pervy arthouse cinematic emporiums.

:D

Advertisement