Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IMMAF EUROPEAN TRIALS

Options
  • 12-09-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi All!

The 2015 IMMAF EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP IRISH TRIALS will be held on the 11th of October at SBG Concorde, Naas Road, Dublin 12.

18+ For entry
    IAPA Registered clubs only
    Email deanoosullivan23@gmail.com for details.

1 day event knockout style tournament

Weigh-ins are same day at 8am

Compulsory rules meeting will be held after weigh-ins

5% allowance on weight classes

IMMAF weight classes/rules

First fight at 12:00

If the weight class is uncontested on the day then they have automatic place on team as long as they make the weight

Only TWO team members may compete per weight class, each fighter starts at opposite end of brackets.

Top two competitors make the IRISH TEAM, no Final Fight!

€50 per competitor

Facebook event page

Event registration website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

These are also available to watch on Fight Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

F*ck if I had another month to prepare I'd actually do this :/

What does 5% allowance mean? 66kg featherweight I can weigh in at 69.3kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

F*ck if I had another month to prepare I'd actually do this :/

What does 5% allowance mean? 66kg featherweight I can weigh in at 69.3kg?

It would be certainly worth a shot if you are in anyway interested.

It would be certainly worth a shot if you are in anyway interested.

Why such late notice?

I haven't been training hard for a while, just 2 sessions a week for the last month or so.

If I had 8 weeks I'd be grand, 4 just isn't enough.

Why such late notice?

I haven't been training hard for a while, just 2 sessions a week for the last month or so.

If I had 8 weeks I'd be grand, 4 just isn't enough.

I am not sure I am not organising it. I suppose it aimed at active fighters or people who are interested in giving it a shot. Weigh in's are same day so it is not aimed at people who will be cutting weight, rather competing at a more "natural" weight.

You will never have perfect circumstances or training camp, you can always just go with that you have. Its a good opportunity for anyone interested. I will certainly be giving it a shot and I have not competed in MMA in over 7 years.

"If someone offers you and opportunity, and you are not sure you can do it, say yes - then learn how to do it later". - Richard Branson.

• Advertisement

It's all well and good to say that, but the guys who knew it was happening would have been able to train for it.

I haven't not been training, but it's been sporadic ghe last while as I took a small break after my last fight in August.

I'm just ranting a bit :P I think I had a decent shot at moving up the bracket a bit tbh, I gave Frans a good fight in Dec and he won the fecking thing in Vegas this summer.

Fair play for hopping in btw!

If you gave Frans a good fight you will be more than able to give this a hell of a good shot :) Hope to see you there. Two guys from each weight class.

A number of the guys who went to the worlds have since moved on to pro so I think it will be interesting to see who makes it.

From what I have heard the Europeans are expected have a much higher number of competitors than the Worlds in Vegas.

Apparently in the Worlds a number of divisions where not that deep as it was the first time running the event, and being in the states it limited the number of amateurs who were able to travel to it.

Just to give this a bump.

Ben Forysth won gold at Light heavy weight

Lee Hammond and Tommy Martin won Bronze at light weight.

Ryan Spillane won Bronze at heavy weight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lee Hammond hit another berimbolo in this sick grappler.

Yeah it was great to watch. The guy he hit in on looked like he had no idea what was going on.

Lee will be serious force in the next few years.

He was very close to knocking out his opponent in the semis with a spinning heel kick. The guy from Norway was a high level striker and on wobbly legs, had to clinch up to survive. He came back and beat Lee at the end of the last round. Was a great fight to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Any video of the 'bolo? would go viral fairly easily given its his second.

Although that said, it's less of an achievement when;
    The guy he hit in on looked like he had no idea what was going on.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Petermc83

Congrats to all the team and coaches.. Irish MMA has proven once again that we can hang with the big boys!!
    onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Mellor wrote: »
    Any video of the 'bolo? would go viral fairly easily given its his second.

Although that said, it's less of an achievement when;

:D

https://www.instagram.com/p/-eChzin2cf/

#LegDrag

Advertisement