Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What time at airport of European flights?

• 14-04-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I know 2 hours before flight is recommended for European flights but what's the minimum time you can get away with?
    Flight to lanzorote is at 6.10 am. If we get there for 4.30am would we be okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

From what airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Do you have baggage to check in as that can take some time on holiday flights.

If its Dublin and flight is with Ryanair, its a long way to the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I'm going to guess you are talking about dublin airport and if so I'd say you should have no problem getting there at that time if you don't have any bags to check, There is always the risk of the unexpected which could delay you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Security is at its busiest in T1 before 9am. Pay for fast track if you want to risk leaving less time than advised

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The closest shave I've had is arriving 45 minutes before my flight at half 6 in the morning. Asked to go through the assistance lane, ran and they hadn't even started boarding.

I was very lucky though. The one time I was happy that Ryanair are very slow at boarding.

Without bags to check in an hour and 15 minutes before is what I'd go for. I've been stuck in very long queues at security early in the morning and they move surprisingly quickly.

Also, the walk to the Ryanair section is not that far when you make good use of the travelator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So for a half 6 ryanair flight the recommeded arrival time you guys would suggest? Piggybacking on this thread rather than starting a new. I will have an elderly and slow relative with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

hdowney wrote: »
    So for a half 6 ryanair flight the recommeded arrival time you guys would suggest? Piggybacking on this thread rather than starting a new. I will have an elderly and slow relative with me.

What airport ?

Personally in places like Cork, Dublin or Shannon I want to be walking in the door of the airport 2 hours before departure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Half four/quarter to five at latest for Dublin.
    Just before you start the big trek up to the 100 gates, to the left there is a seat where you can wait and get a buggy up to the gate. Ask any staff if you can't find it. That Ryanair hoof up to the gates is bad enough for young people yet alone an elderly person with mobility issues.

spurious wrote: »
    Half four/quarter to five at latest for Dublin.
    Just before you start the big trek up to the 100 gates, to the left there is a seat where you can wait and get a buggy up to the gate. Ask any staff if you can't find it. That Ryanair hoof up to the gates is bad enough for young people yet alone an elderly person with mobility issues.

Dublin (sorry meant to say that). That is brilliant about a buggy. Is like a golf buggy type thing driven by a member of staff? I'd say that'd help my mam a great deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dublin (sorry meant to say that). That is brilliant about a buggy. Is like a golf buggy type thing driven by a member of staff? I'd say that'd help my mam a great deal.

Yes it is. Just as you start the walk up to the 100 gates, there is a walkway going down to gates 200 or so and there is a seat there on the left. The buggy goes up and down to the 100 gates and when I was there with my mother, we were not long waiting at all.
    Ask a staff member once you're in the area.

They would make a fortune if they had a fleet of them charging a couple of euro for a trip.

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote:

Go into the assistance lane. You'll skip past all of the queue for security.

Go into the assistance lane. You'll skip past all of the queue for security.

Ooh there is an assistance lane? and we'd be allowed in? excellent

To the left as you walk up to the entrance to security.

I'm not sure how much actual assistance you get but you're guaranteed to save time when the queues are very long. There will be 10 people max ahead of you.

Advertisement