Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Orlyice sorry to hear that. Have no advice or guidance to offer I'm afraid except maybe be careful about what you read online. Everything seems to be exaggerated!
    For example, under my right arm was so tender and I could feel a tiny little lump during the sore boob stage. So I innocently googled it and frightened the bejaysus out of myself. All these stories about women who started to leak out, when their milk came in, from extra nipples under their armpits that they always thought were just a little freckle. I HAVE A FRECKLE UNDER MY ARM!
    Told the doc on my last visit and she nearly rolled off the chair laughing!

Ah no in all seriousness we here for whenever you want to let off bit of steam x

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Thanks ladies, suffer with anxiety as it is so always go to worse case scenario! Feeling bit more relaxed about it, just going to have to do it I guess! Going to have a takeaway tonight, not sure how restrictive this is going to be so going to have a "last supper" tonight.

Heldel I laughed so hard when I read ur post, that is brilliant, luckily I don't have a freckle under my arm (and I checked!) gotta stop googling! Shur tomorrow will tell me more!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Went for my scan at 11 weeks today. Couldn't find a heartbeat. Looked like it stopped a couple of weeks ago. No bleeding or anything. A missed miscarriage.
    I wasn't nauseous last week or so. I thought I was just over it. Absolutely devastated.
    Good luck with all your pregnancies girls, hopefully a few months I'll be back in this forum again.

Ah god settlepetal I'm so sorry to hear that. It really is all of our worst nightmare.

To be totally honest I remember when my friend had a miscarriage a few years ago and I thought at the time "but sure she's only been pregnant for a few weeks how could she be so upset!!!" A really young, stupid, ignorant way of thinking but after having my scare two weeks ago it really was the most frightening, gut wrenching experience I ever had. For you and your partner it's utterly heartbreaking.
    Can't really say anything that would be of any comfort to you only best of luck for the future and for you and your partner to take care of each other. X

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

SettlePettal. . . So sorry to hear your devastating news. It happened me at 12 weeks last June. The shock is huge. you will probably be put in touch with the hospital councellor. Give them a shout over the next few weeks and months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nono2012

SettlePettal I am so sorry to hear that, its just heart-breaking.. Its what each one of us dread as heldel00 said its each of our worst nightmare.. I don't even know what to say, please take care of yourself and your partner and the best of luck in the future :( x

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Oh settlepettal, so sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok. Never know what to say in these situations. Make sure you look after yourself and get help if you need it. Thinking of u hun x

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

SettlePetal, so sorry to hear. Take care of yourself xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Mind yourself settle pettal. Make sure to take time for yourself xx

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Had my 12 week scan on Wednesday, all good except for a haemotoma. (Spelling?!)
    They didn't seem too worried and asked me to take it easy. Hard to do with an active 2 year old.
    Anyone have any experience of having one of these?

• Advertisement

Had a scary time!

Felt a small bit off the past couple of days, crampy tummy etc but thought nothing of it.

Leaving work yesterday i discovered i was bleeding quite heavy so rushed to hospital.

Between jigs, reels and tears, scan showed baby is very active but that i am rhesus negative which apparently explains the bleed. Apparently my blood is mixing with the baby blood.

So returned to hospital today to get an anti-d injection which stops me developing antibodies against baby
    (I think, its very confusing!)

Seeing my consultant again tomorrow to discuss things, but i look like the walking dead all of a sudden :(

Has Anyone ever had anything like this

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi guys hope everyone is doing ok! Settle petal so sorry to hear..thinking of you!!
    I'm twelve weeks and 4 days myself Alls going ok so far apart from tiredness and severe constipation:( However last night I went to get up to go to the toilet and couldn't sit up in the bed my tummy was so sore..I think I had bein Lyin funny kind of twisted but not too sure..my stomach is very sore/crampy today..feels like I've done a major gym workout. I'm tryin not to let myself worry as it does just feel like growing pains and nothing a good visit to the toilet (sorry tmi) would sort out!! I was with the doctor last week for check up and she said it was most likely everything stretching so fingers crossed that's all it is!! Anyone experience anything like this?? Trying to keep positive:) x
    Cruais hope everything works out for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clara98

Hi supersiren, I'm jumping in from the July thread. I found I had a lot of those stretchy pains at the start of second trimester, especially when I turned in bed at night. They could be really sharp. Think it's called round ligament pain. It's all normal though.

I've had to go on iron tablets because I'm really low in iron but my gp told me to get lactalose to help with the constipation. It's more a stool softener than a laxative so safe in pregnancy and since I've started with it I do find I'm regular and less crampy. It's easy to take too and very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi Clara98 thanks for the reply..it's good to hear that someone else has experienced something similar..as I said I'm tryin not to worry as it does feel like muscle pains (best way I can describe it) but there always that worry in the back of my mind! I have ducalax along with fruit/veg/plenty of water for the constipation I reckon the duclax it's something similar as you described as it gets things moving inside but it isn't making me want to actually go! Christ never thought id be having this conversation online:) but fingers crossed everything will sort itself out in time!! Good luck for July clara98:)

cruais wrote: »
    Had a scary time!

Felt a small bit off the past couple of days, crampy tummy etc but thought nothing of it.

Leaving work yesterday i discovered i was bleeding quite heavy so rushed to hospital.

Between jigs, reels and tears, scan showed baby is very active but that i am rhesus negative which apparently explains the bleed. Apparently my blood is mixing with the baby blood.

So returned to hospital today to get an anti-d injection which stops me developing antibodies against baby
    (I think, its very confusing!)

Seeing my consultant again tomorrow to discuss things, but i look like the walking dead all of a sudden :(

Has Anyone ever had anything like this

So after my visit to my consultant today she has put me on bed rest for the next while as she said i had a threatened miscarriage and really need to take it easy this time.... scary but relieved to see the baby again moving around

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I've rhesus negative blood too. Just an additional thing to worry about!

I had some muscle stretching pains which I think are round ligament pain, but nothing in the last 2 weeks.

O My God cruais, thank God you and baby are ok. I have a GP app tomoro and I cannot stop thinking about it, I am 14 weeks today, have had no sickness, have no symptoms the last week or so and I know its normal for symptoms to ease up but I am just so worried, please God all will be ok and I am worrying over nothing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

nono i have mine tomorrow too...fourteen weeks also...thought scan was last week, ut was wrong. its really late isnt it. had mc last year and dreading it...have een feeling pretty sick throwing up almost every day, oos sore and very tired...feel pregnant.
    good luck tomorrow

That's very scary for you Cruais. Mind yourself and follow doctors orders.

Anyone else going with MLU? Very disappointed when midwife told me last week that I got a scan at 10 weeks and won't get another until 32 weeks. Poo to that!

Kvicka best Of luck tomorro :-) fingers crossed for both of us..

• Advertisement

Helde100 what is MLU?

Best of luck for the scans tomorrow girls :)

nono2012 wrote: »
    Helde100 what is MLU?

It stands for Midwifery Led Unit (have a look on Facebook, it's fabulous!)
    So I have no consultant/ doctor over me. I have my visits and check ups with the midwives and will give birth with them supervising rather than a doc.
    Agreeing to Natural birth and being a low risk patient is criteria for being suitable for MLU.
    Private room, punctual appointments, whirlpool thingy, candles lit, partner can stay overnight, unrestricted Visiting hours and a midwife will visit me at home every day for five days after.

But in saying that if I ask for epidural I will leave the midwives care and be moved over to the other unit without any problems so we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

nono, how did yours go?

we spent 4 hours in the maternity...scan showed a nice heart eat...alas twas over in 1 minute...what a usy place-
    relieved and excited
    estimated time of arrival: 20.10.

That's great Kvicka, God 4 hours wait, I would be gone mad... My GP app went well, due on the 15th Oct and my GP said strong heart beat and big baby already... eeeeek.. Thank God all is ok. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

Hey ladies do ye mind if I join in too, I'm louise due my second munchkin the 15th of October, so excited but more nervous this time round! I am also rheus negative a had a small bleed last week like you cruais It scared the life out of me it never happen in my last pregnancy! Everything looked ok in the scan but the want to see if if I even get a little bang to the belly extra paranoid now!

Here's hoping we all make it to October with as little drama as possible, don't think I could take another scare!

lolc wrote: »
    Hey ladies do ye mind if I join in too, I'm louise due my second munchkin the 15th of October, so excited but more nervous this time round! I am also rheus negative a had a small bleed last week like you cruais It scared the life out of me it never happen in my last pregnancy! Everything looked ok in the scan but the want to see if if I even get a little bang to the belly extra paranoid now!

Here's hoping we all make it to October with as little drama as possible, don't think I could take another scare!

Its really scary isn't it. They said the same to me that if i get even a tiny knock on the tummy to come back in. So am now paranoid when out lol incase anyone walks into me or kids running around etc!

We have gone very quiet. How is everyone?
    Anyone due in early October feeling any movement yet? I'm due 10th October but don't know if I'm feeling movement or just wind!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hawii50

I was just thinking the same thing myself Heldel! I'm due on the 7th of October and I haven't felt anything yet, I was with the Consultant a few weeks ago and he said I should start to feel something between 18 and 22 weeks so I haven't really being paying attention yet. I cant wait for it to start though!! Have you started to show yet? I'm definitely bigger in the evenings than the mornings

• Advertisement

I was thinking the exact same, we have all gone so quiet. All is good with me thank God. My doc said that I will feel movement when the baby is a certain weight and not how many weeks. I feel great though and I am back running so long may it last. How is everyone else? :)

Advertisement