Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

• 27-03-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else watch this? Please let there be someone else who watches this! I absolutely love it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭brokenice

Shantay...you stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

High-Larious program :) Started watching it last season (where Sharin Needles won). I do NOT miss an episode. This year I like Alaska, Detox and Jinx Monsoon. Last year Sharin was my favourite , but only just.... I have big love for Latrice Royale and, of course, Willam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Rick_

Willam is performing in Belfast in April and I'll be going to see her! Can't wait. I first saw Season 4 and was instantly hooked. After 4 ended I found 1, 2 and 3 online and watched them all and haven't missed an episode yet. There was no new episode this week so will have to wait until next Tuesday before I can watch the next episode.

I think Detox, Alaska and Jinx will be the top 3 this season but wouldn't count Roxxxy or Alissa out just yet. I don't think Coco will last much longer. I loved Sharon and Chad from Season 4 and actually wanted Chad to win. At least Chad won All Stars!

Have you seen Willam's latest music video? It's class!

Paddy C wrote: »
    Willam is performing in Belfast in April and I'll be going to see her! Can't wait. I first saw Season 4 and was instantly hooked. After 4 ended I found 1, 2 and 3 online and watched them all and haven't missed an episode yet. There was no new episode this week so will have to wait until next Tuesday before I can watch the next episode.

I think Detox, Alaska and Jinx will be the top 3 this season but wouldn't count Roxxxy or Alissa out just yet. I don't think Coco will last much longer. I loved Sharon and Chad from Season 4 and actually wanted Chad to win. At least Chad won All Stars!

Have you seen Willam's latest music video? It's class!

Yeah, saw that video :) Who is 'the bottom' guy in it? Prolly one of the most goddamn beautiful guys I have ever set eyes on in my life

There are two bottom guys in it. The one they are playing Jenga off and the other who is in the bed and they follow him on the street. The one they follow is absolutely stunning. He even appeared in a recent episode of Drag Race as one of the pit crew models (number 17). Absolutely stunning. He has appeared in a few of Willam's other music videos as well, maybe he's just a friend or maybe Willam or on of his friends boyfriends? Lucky so and so!

• Advertisement

Yeah, the dude in the bed. So beautiful it hurts.

I'm actually rewatching series 4 now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

I haven't been watching the show, but check out Lady Bunny on youtube. Seen her in San Fran the other year and it was great. Also check out the podcast Feast of Fun as those guys are always talking about drag acts and overall the shows are pretty enjoyable.

Ladybunny warms up the crowd for Rupauls drag race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3ZnADOqi8

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

Got into this show so much in the last two months.

Did anyone else go see Manila Luzon in Dragon yesterday?

Apparently the next episode of the show will feature a past contestant come back and be given another chance to take the title.

It's gotta be Willam, right?

• Advertisement

Where did you hear that? I wonder if it'll be Shangela?! :D

Have you seen this weeks? What did you think of it?

Personally I was glad to see
    Alyssa Edwards
    go. I would have liked to see her or
    Coco Montrese
    go.

The top 5 are exactly who I thought they'd be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtO_jSbNN6I take a look... absolute class :)

Paddy C wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? I wonder if it'll be Shangela?! :D

Have you seen this weeks? What did you think of it?

Ahit sorry, I can't remember. It was obviously wrong anyway (unless they bring someone in for next weeks episode).

Yes, this weeks episode was so funny :)
    My favourite are
    1 alaska
    2 detox and jinx monsoon in joint second
    3 roxy whatchyamacallher
    4 coco montriese

i'd say jinx might take it, unless she has to lipsynch for her life
    I like alaska the most though, she makes me laugh

detox's body is just mental what with the pec implants, the ass implants , the shoulder implants, and thats not even to mention her face :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

Next week is the challenge where they turn someone into a drag queen. Typically at that stage, they invite back one of the eliminated queens from that season (who then tends to get reeliminated straight away). I don't know if it's happening this season.

Happy with the top 5. Would personally love to see Roxy go next. There's a huge gulf in talent between the pageant queens (Roxxy, Alyssa, Coco) and the 'Comedy' queens (Detox, Alaska, Jinkx ). Of the pageant girls, I actually think Coco is the best but clearly the 'comedy' girls will be the top 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

My all time favourite show - have been watching it since season 1!
    Personally, would like to see Coco go next week.

Me too, since the 2nd episode I have been sick of hearing about Alyssa and Coco's rift. I've been praying that one of them would be sent home so I wouldn't have to hear about it any more. At least now with Alyssa gone we can see just how good Coco is as for the last while all she ever seemed to do was argue with Alyssa and then talk about her to camera later. Now she's not there, how will she perform solo?

I have a soft spot for Jinx, I hope she at least makes top 3. I think top 3 will be Detox, Alaska and Jinx. Coco will go next and then Roxxxy, unless another queen does come back next week, in which case it will be them, then Coco and then Roxxxy!

Have seen this weeks but haven't been able to find Untucked uploaded anywhere yet. :(

What's annoying about online uploads is that some people rip them from TV, whilst others rip them from iTunes. The iTunes ones are unbleeped and better quality, the TV ones are sometimes awful and always bleeped. Argh!

I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting the lip sync to go how it did. I thought the queen that stayed was the one that should have went, based solely on the lip sync and nothing else. Maybe Ru takes other things into consideration too?

Also, I didn't know Detox was in an accident and had major facial surgery. I thought she looked like that because of all the plastic surgery she has had on her body over the years. Maybe she started getting it because of the accident, I dunno. One things for sure, you'd never tell, especially in the Chick-Fil-A music video done by her, Willam and Vicky, she looks stunning and you would think she was genuinely female.

Only 4 queens left. It's ending soon. :(

I have a feeling Vicky Vox will be in Season 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭brokenice

hey paddy c....shangela's coming to The Dragon on April 20th.....girl! leave your momma at home!

Willam is going to Union Street in Belfast on April 21st!

After watching this weeks episode, all I can do is.... :eek::p:rolleyes::):mad::D:(:o:eek:

I think I felt like pulling each of these faces at one point during the episode, mostly :eek: though

• Advertisement

How annoying is Roxxy? OMG. Now, I know a lot of it is editing, but I was seriously on my last nerve with her.

Roxxxy was very annoying, overconfident, cocky and downright rude in this weeks episode. A lot of it seems to have been in editing but she gave them plenty of material to manipulate!

I hope Jinx wins, just to piss Roxxxy off!

I sort of knew that was gonna be the top 4 from the start, possibly with Alyssa or Ivy in there too so it's gonna be hard to pick a winner from them. I'd be happy if any of them won but maybe not as much for Roxxxy now...!

So, who do you want to win?

Did anyone else think Roxxxy's "apology" to Jinx on the runway was purely because Jinx had a better and more uplifting and positive speech than her?

I hope Roxxxy comes third, Alaska second and Jinx wins!

Sooo ridiculously fake. Just to try and get some positive cudos. In fairness, I don't think she stands a chance with the public vote. It's like Fifi and Sharon last year, except Sharon was well able for her. I kinda want Alaska to win now... Drag's Royal Couple sounds amazing!

I can see Roxxxy winning really pissing some people off - she's a grade A bitch and has went for Jinkx a few times and is very full of herself, also the sob stories and contrived apologies show her to be fake in my opinion and will so anything to screw someone else over.

I can see Alaska winning really pissing some people off - she's Sharon's boyfriend and people will think it's biased/fixed, especially as the show has made a point of showing her to be crumbling frequently and not doing as well as the others in challenges, especially recently.

I can see Jinkx winning really pissing some people off - she has her own style, and has stuck to it, no matter what the judges have told her and her quirky ways might be seen as limited appeal to some. Some might also see her and being "too nice" or "innocent" and feel like she is always plays the victim.

It's gonna be tough, but in the end, I hope Jinkx wins. If not, then Alaska, but not Roxxxy, I've really went off her this last few weeks.

(I still can't find this weeks Untucked anywhere either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cx85

After catching up on all the season, (the season of Fish was more season of Fishy editing) I am not so much looking forward to seeing who wins between Jinx and Alaska as much as I am looking forward to the Miss Congeniality winner. Really hoping Alyssa gets it, there was something really likable about that I could only describe as well congenial.

Having seen this weeks "recap" episode, I too hope Alyssa wins Miss Congeniality. She was so funny, had some great one liners and whether she won or not she was always entertaining to watch.

I still hope Jinkx wins, but wouldn't mind if Alaska did. Definitely don't want Roxxxy to win, and judging by some sites I have read, a lot of other people don't either!

Has anyone seen the final yet apart from me? I wanna talk about it but don't wanna say anything and spoil it!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I hate you guys. I looked up out of curiousity what this show was. I'm in love! Addicted is not the word, just finding it hard looking for good links online.

The shade flying around, amazing. Now I know where all the gifs come from! Watched the first two episodes and had to find out how it ended on wiki. Will still watch the rest in due course. Right now loving Ivvvvvvvy Wiiiiiiiiiiinters, circus attire going down a treat.

Anyone getting the feeling someone like Pete Burns would walk this show? Detox constantly reminds me of him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cx85

Yeah saw the final dont really want to spoil it for anyone so will try not to - honestly i saw the winner winning it a bit off. Detox stole the show with that whole look. Finally it just went to show how frickin edited that show is when it came out that nothing was going on between Jinx and Ivy :s

Advertisement