Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nutri ninja or nutribullet 600w

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Have had and used my fair share of juicers and blenders over the last 20 years, from hand mills to trituating juicers . I've just bought one of these nutri Ninja IQ's because I simply don't get enough veg or leafy greens in my diet and i'm interested to see if keeping all this plant fibre in the drink (unlike juicing) has a positive effect on my flaky digestive system.

It's loud as all hell but the power is welcome, the drinks are smooth and it's ridiculously easy to clean up. In the past, i've found lenghty "clean up" has been the most significant barrier to establishing a consistent routine.

I hope to replace my breakfast with this most days and this is where the speed of preperation and subsequent easy cleaning is a bonus. We'll see... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I don't eat much if any fruit and veg at all and I have been looking for something like this for a while, I like the idea that its just blending up the ingredients and nothing is left out.

I'm a very fussy eater but would manage to wolf down a pint of liquid alright without being too worried about the taste.

I'm going to try and pick up one of these Nutri-Ninjas after hearing that they liquidize everything well and are easy to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

So easy to clean. And yeah they blend up nuts and ice no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MiaG

groovyg
    That's scary, thanks for the info

I have ninja. I like it. Good blender will work just as good

• Advertisement

Picked up a Nutrininja last week and its great, feeling better already!

I'm a seriously fussy eater, I've gone from never having any fruit to having, apples, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, and grapefruit.

Have to start sneaking a bit of veg in there now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Got the Breville Active Blend from Amazon a few days for £20. Its got the same system of blending in a cup as the Nutribullet though arguably the sports bottle shaped containers are better to drink direct out of than the cups that the Nutribullet comes with. Power in them is obviously a lot less at 300w but it is capable of crushing ice which is good. Frozen berries were no problems either. Pretty happy with it and also the small footprint means I can leave it on the kitchen counter all the time whereas blenders I had in the past were often very cumbersome so spent most of their life in the kitchen press.

I did consider a Nutribullet but found it hard to justify the cost. That said I haven't tried the smoothies from it, do users feel there is a big jump up in the quality of smoothies made over using a 300w machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

I got the ninja about a mth ago now id say, so good. Absolutely delighted with it, and so so simple to clean. I'm getn greens into my fussy toddler and he thinks they're lovely, as there's no bits.
    Just delighted def recommend it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 angela8915

Thanks for the advice. I know it's a bit of hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Got the Nutri Ninja few weeks ago, love it, no regrets. Don't put too much stuff in at once, and add plenty of water. Also don't go overboard, don't use too much fruit especially, can be hard on the stomach if you wouldn't ordinarily eat much fruit.
    I keep it simple, last one I had I put in a peeled and quartered kiwi, a pear, also quartered, a splash of real orange juice, about half an inch of fresh chili pepper, and a good lot of water, about a cup I guess, maybe bit more. Probably best not to add to much water coz you can always add water afterwards if you like your juice a bit thinner.
    I also find its a good way to some greens down me, add some spinach leaves or kale or something similar, again not too much, easy to overdo it and end up with something that looks like a thick soup. I like to try different things in it, it's trial and error, but ultimately you'll like it and it's well worth buying.
    Is it a fad? Who cares, I eat more fruit and veg because of it, and have less wasted food, can't be bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Johro wrote: »
    I keep it simple, last one I had I put in a peeled and quartered kiwi,
    I don't even bother peeling kiwis in it. I read to make sure the skin was OK to eat and apparently the skin is very good for you. I wash it and cut off the top and bottom bits. I thought the weird furry skin would be noticeable drinking it but I could not sense it in the drink.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got nutribullet for a friend recently as I've only heard excellent things about it from those that have it. ideally would get a vitamax but they are a few hundred more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I love my nutribullet, have had it about a month. As said before, the two main selling points are that it is ridiculously easy to clean compared to a normal blender (the blades are their own little segment that clips onto the 'cup' part), and the ridiculously powerful motor that reduces nuts to nothing in a few seconds.

The fact that you use the same container for blending and drinking only adds to how easy it is to clean up.

Anyone saying to just use a normal blender obviously hasn't tried one of these - they're similar but the nutribullet is in a whole league of its own in terms of how well designed and easy to use it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Zillah wrote: »
    I love my nutribullet, have had it about a month. As said before, the two main selling points are that it is ridiculously easy to clean compared to a normal blender (the blades are their own little segment that clips onto the 'cup' part), and the ridiculously powerful motor that reduces nuts to nothing in a few seconds.

The fact that you use the same container for blending and drinking only adds to how easy it is to clean up.

Anyone saying to just use a normal blender obviously hasn't tried one of these - they're similar but the nutribullet is in a whole league of its own in terms of how well designed and easy to use it is.

What have you been making with your one?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

Can these handle all nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

boxty wrote: »

Are you thinking of some kind in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Bought my nutribullet today, dying to try it!

Zillah wrote: »

Yeah I'd say the same for the Nutri Ninja, the Ninja is just a shade better according to online reviews, my main reason for buying though was the fact that the Ninja is cheaper.
    I got mine from Curry's, it was on special offer at €99,- (normal price €129,99) for a 900W machine, where the equivalent 900W 'Pro' version of the Bullet was much more expensive at almost €200.
    The Bullet has a couple more accessories, but I was happy enough with the large cup and smaller cup and 'sip and seal' lids that came with the Ninja. There's a recipe book, has some hints and tips and some do's and don'ts which you should read if you bought it.
    They're pretty similar otherwise, really easy to clean and use.

Also I've been buying a lot more fruit and veg, and actually using it.
    I bought a whole watermelon and cut it in six pieces rather than quartered it, keep it in the fridge. Watermelon is great if you prefer your drink a bit thinner, not smoothie-like.
    Today I put in one of those pieces of watermelon, without peel of course,and scooped out the seeds), a slice of peeled pineapple cut into pieces, splash of orange or grapefruit juice, (just because I had some, optional) and a piece of red chili, about a half inch or so, to give it a bit of a spicy kick. Was lovely.
    Kiwi is good also. I just try different stuff each time. I find fibrous fruit like apples make the drink much thicker so I add more fluid or real juicy stuff like melon.

boxty wrote: »

Yeah my Ninja really grinds them up well, can barely taste them, I've tried cashew nuts, hazel nuts, almonds walnuts and Brazil nuts so far.

I would never have eaten nuts previously I hated them!

My usual morning smoothie consists of a banana or avocado, blueberries, strawberries or raspberries and blackberries, orange juice, watermelon, spinach, low fat yoghurt and a handful of whatever nuts are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Terry5135

Perhaps someone who's familiar with Nutri Ninja can help me with a question. I bought the Ninja recently, started using it regularly almost a week ago. Love it, I must say. Tonight, blending up some cucumber (with pulses, initially) along with other regular ingredients, I encountered a problem after:

When I started using it, it required only a very light pressure to activate pulses and blending. But as of tonight, it still works, but it requires much more pressure to activate than it has before today.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a problem? Is there a remedy? Do I need to see if I can get it fixed?

Any insights at all would be most appreciated, thank you in advance.

If anyone happened to catch the above appeal for help, please ignore. I discovered the problem - and yes, I feel a bit stupid.

I examined the blade/lid today carefully, which I thought was sparkling clean. I discovered a bunch of flax seeds had lodged inside the lid, within the outer ring of the lid's inner surface. I got a brush and cleared those, thinking this was probably it - I couldn't tighten the lid down properly because of the seeds.

When I finally tested it tonight, it worked perfectly.

Sorry about that. And I still love the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Where else besides Currys sells the Nutri Ninja?

Where else besides Currys sells the Nutri Ninja?

rubadub beat me to it, but yes, Argos, which is where I got mine.

Actually, any number of Irish retailers sell it, which you could find easily by doing a google search for "Nutri Ninja Ireland" but Argos had the cheapest price.

There is also a pro version or deluxe version, whatever it's called for around 130 to 150 euro, but the basic version as of a couple months ago in Argos was only 99 or some such.

I never did locate a retailer in Ireland who had the full Nutri Ninja Food Mixer set, which would run somewhere around 250 euro or more. I never had any intention of buying one, but I can see where it could be especially nice - even for blending smoothies, because, in my case at least, after checking out recipes on youtube and such, I always end up with too much stuff in my drinks, even for both cups that come with it. There would be other advantages too for food preparers.

I love the basic model, however. It works fantastically well. The deluxe version, one step up, will automatically start off with short blends to break down things like ice cubes initially before going into continuous blending. But you can do that manually quite easily. Beyond that, I never needed anything like a full minute to blend things completely. I doubt if I ever went over 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Thanks to you both for that link and the info. Might this be the over 250euro kit you're wondering about?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4085746/Trail/searchtext%3ENUTRI+NINJA.htm

Thanks to you both for that link and the info. Might this be the over 250euro kit you're wondering about?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4085746/Trail/searchtext%3ENUTRI+NINJA.htm

No, I never saw that one before. Seems very expensive to me. The auto IQ version I remember was around 150 euro, but I see here it's on sale for 125:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3388932.htm

I see the one you found is 1200 watts instead of 1000, but I don't see that 200 watts being worth the extra money.

The one I was speaking of is this one here below, but I've never found it online in this country:

http://goo.gl/I2Wopy

It's 1500 watts. (You can see how much cheaper these things are in the US.) That description doesn't seem to have as many cups as I remember, but maybe that's part of why it's so cheap and maybe the details are just not i the Amazon description.

There is another one that is similar, but less wattage - the Ninja 2-in-1, but I can't find that here either. Or couldn't a few months ago. Here's the Ninja page on that:

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/nutri-ninja-2-in-1/QB3000/

Had the first one I mentioned in this post, the auto-IQ, been only 125 several months ago when I bought the standard model, I might have considered it. But maybe not at the same time, since I never really cared about the 'auto' part. I'm not sure, but the basic model I have might be 900 watts. The basic nutribullet is 600 watts, the 900 watt version is much more expensive.

I've seen a number of youtube vids on these. The Nutri Ninja is not only cheaper with greater wattage than the Nutribullet, but apparently it is more durable as well, with fewer problems. Who knows? Each person will swear by the one that has served them well.

There are cheaper blenders and juicers around. I have no idea how they compare in practical terms.

Big reductions on both in argos

the nutri ninja is 77euro and nutribullet is 83euro

more info here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057505752

I think there may be other ways to maximise it, like getting vouchers or buying argos vouchers in tesco which get you points.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Thanks for the heads up on the bargain alert. I got a Nutri Ninja in Argos at €76.99. It's a seriously impressive bit of equipment, right down to the quality of the plastic beakers. I just made a smoothie with spinach, carrot, frozen mixed tropical fruit, flaxseed and water and it's lovely and silky - no lumps or fibrous bits. You'd know you're drinking whole fruit/veg as it's quite pulpy, but I don't mind that. My previous smoothie maker was a Magic Bullet and it would have died trying to make this.

I'm not normally one to drink my food, but I reckon 2 or 3 of these a week can only do me good. I plan on making them mostly with veg, with just a little fruit for sweetness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Thanks for the heads up on the bargain alert. I got a Nutri Ninja in Argos at €76.99. It's a seriously impressive bit of equipment, right down to the quality of the plastic beakers. I just made a smoothie with spinach, carrot, frozen mixed tropical fruit, flaxseed and water and it's lovely and silky - no lumps or fibrous bits. You'd know you're drinking whole fruit/veg as it's quite pulpy, but I don't mind that. My previous smoothie maker was a Magic Bullet and it would have died trying to make this.

I'm not normally one to drink my food, but I reckon 2 or 3 of these a week can only do me good. I plan on making them mostly with veg, with just a little fruit for sweetness.

Advertisement