Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Nothing I seem to eat today has satisfied me. I'm not hungry ad I've eaten my points I just haven't enjoyed any food I've eaten. Very weird. But figure no matter how much I eat it will be the same so stopping now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gilbridey

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any idea how many pro points in a Milanese Pollo?? Had it in an Italian Restaurent this evening but not sure how to point it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

so im doin the c25k prog, just finished week 3 and finding it tough but doable(just!!lol) and i am starting to see an improvement in my fitness. im just wondering how those who have done it work out the activity points for it. i use the nike+ app to track the distance etc and that shows that i burnt approx 270 cals tonight, would that roughly equate to about 6pp?? but that seems to be an awful lot in my head?? now granded i am absolutly flaaaaed after each bout of running and my heart rate is evelated during the recovery 'walk' but i dono 6pp seems alot for 30mins of exeercise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Danii86 wrote: »
    so im doin the c25k prog, just finished week 3 and finding it tough but doable(just!!lol) and i am starting to see an improvement in my fitness. im just wondering how those who have done it work out the activity points for it. i use the nike+ app to track the distance etc and that shows that i burnt approx 270 cals tonight, would that roughly equate to about 6pp?? but that seems to be an awful lot in my head?? now granded i am absolutly flaaaaed after each bout of running and my heart rate is evelated during the recovery 'walk' but i dono 6pp seems alot for 30mins of exeercise!!

When I did it, I would count the jogging as high intensity and the walking as medium intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 reeny

I've been reading back on the old thread and a lot of people have suggested that for people who STS or went up at WI that they might be eating too much fruit.. What are peoples opinions on this!? I think I'll have to take to the bed if I have to start pointing fruit, its the only thing that keeps me from snacking on chocolate!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I don't think you can completely go to town on the fruit, you do have to have a certain amount of restraint it is still very high in sugar.
    For example in the morning I make myself a fruit smoothie with freshly squeezed orange juice, berries and a banana, I don't count that, but if I have another banana that day I'll count it because bananas can be so filling and are high in sugar, but I will allow myself another piece of of fruit like an apple/orange/necterine without pointing it.
    I know it seems mad like I have a different set of rules for fruit, but I think the points free thing has to be looked at in moderation, veg would be different in my eyes as its not so high in sugar. Really when you think about it eating too much of anything won't help you lose weight.

reeny wrote: »
    I've been reading back on the old thread and a lot of people have suggested that for people who STS or went up at WI that they might be eating too much fruit.. What are peoples opinions on this!? I think I'll have to take to the bed if I have to start pointing fruit, its the only thing that keeps me from snacking on chocolate!:eek:

I think if whatever you are doing is working and you are losing weight most weeks then there is no need to change it. If you start struggling and you are within your dailies and weeklies and cant understand why you arent losing then it might be a good idea to look at your fruit intake.

I would usually only have about 3 portions of fruit per day - but there are some days i go over this a bit and it seems to balance out. Fruit is free but its not the same as vegetables - which you really can eat as much of as you like. If its stopping you from snacking on bad stuff and you are losing weight consistently then don't worry about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

If anything, I think I still don't eat enough fruit. I'm great at the moment, because strawberries and raspberries are in season, but at other times of the year, im inclined to forget about different types of fruit. I still wouldn't be inclined to go mad on it though!! Just one thing though that I think people don't realise sometimes- fruit juice, whether freshly squeezed or from a carton, is 1 pp per 100ml. The fibre is in the pulp, and when you don't have that, it looses it's free-ness!!!

The chickpea and BNS stew I posted, if anyone is trying it I had it today with a bit of low fat feta and couscous stirred through and it was AMAZING. Made it 10 times better for only a few extra pp.

Have my book club tonight and out for lunch tomorrow. Have 38 weeklies left and might use a few of them on some wine tonight (have my dinner and dessert accounted for in my dailies - made the choc marbled merignues from the complete cookbook so ill let you all know how they turned out). So hopefully the most I will use is 18 weeklies on a bottle of wine and then I have 20 left and tomorrows dailies to use for the day for my lunch. We're booked in for 12:30 so prob wont have breakfast and we're going to The Greenhouse - which my dad says is uber fancy and so tiny tiny portions. Hopefully will be ok with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Started the ww plan in march having attending a few years ago. I started at 243lbs and am now down to 203lbs. I have stopped attending the meetings as i could not afford the cost of them. I have done well so far i think. My goal is about 20lbs away so 2/3 way there. I find the best thing is getting out for walks. It helps focus the mind and concentrate on what needs doing as well as burn calories and raising the metabolism. I dont think id have stuck it out without getting out for a walk 4 to 5 times a week.

I have a little problem tho that someone here might be able to help with. I dont know how many propoints i am allowed per day now that i have lost some weight. I am estimating it to be 44 but i would appreciate if someone could do a calculation for me. Im male 5'10" tall and weigh 203lbs. Thanks in advance. Also my partner is doing the same she is 5'2" tall and 187lbs.

If you could pm me this info.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Down 2.5 lbs this week delighted with that just 1 lb away from my 5 silver 7 but my weight loss this week brought me into the 10 stone bracket and can't quite believe that I got there so happy with how I feel right now but still have a stone to loose to get to goal but so am enjoying the challange thanks to u all for the motivation really don't think I'd be doing so well with out this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Started the ww plan in march having attending a few years ago. I started at 243lbs and am now down to 203lbs. I have stopped attending the meetings as i could not afford the cost of them. I have done well so far i think. My goal is about 20lbs away so 2/3 way there. I find the best thing is getting out for walks. It helps focus the mind and concentrate on what needs doing as well as burn calories and raising the metabolism. I dont think id have stuck it out without getting out for a walk 4 to 5 times a week.

I have a little problem tho that someone here might be able to help with. I dont know how many propoints i am allowed per day now that i have lost some weight. I am estimating it to be 44 but i would appreciate if someone could do a calculation for me. Im male 5'10" tall and weigh 203lbs. Thanks in advance. Also my partner is doing the same she is 5'2" tall and 187lbs.

Thank you.

hiya,

i havnt worked it out for you but i found a link that explains how to do do it

if you are a Male you get 8pp
    Female 2pp - Nursing female 10pp

+

Aged17-26 = 4pp
    Aged27-37 = 3pp
    Aged38-47 = 2pp
    Aged48-57 = 1pp
    Aged58+ = 0pp

+

6pp = You do heavy excercise
    (Working out more than 30mins a day or doing manual labour every day)
    4pp = Moderately active (walking in work allday or doing 30 mins of excercise daily)
    2pp = low activity (standing or moving around an office daily)
    0pp = inactivity

+

if you are under 155cm (5ft 1) = 0pp
    between 5ft 1 and 178cm (5ft 10) = 1pp
    taller than 5ft 10 = 2pp

+

add 10% of your weight
    e.g 32 year old, nursing female, moderately active, 5ft 4 and weighs 165lbs
    10+3+4+1+16=34pp

hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ashleec4 wrote: »
    hiya,

+

Aged17-26 = 4pp
    Aged27-37 = 3pp
    Aged38-47 = 2pp
    Aged48-57 = 1pp
    Aged58+ = 0pp

+

4pp = Moderately active (walking in work allday or doing 30 mins of excercise daily)
    0pp = inactivity

+

taller than 5ft 10 = 2pp

+

add 10% of your weight
    10+3+4+1+16=34pp

Not sure how accurate this is as I am pretty sure exercise is not taken into it as they don't ask you your level of activity in the weight watchers classes. I found a calculator online, I entered my stats and it calculated my propoints allowance correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Thank you.

hiya,

+

Aged17-26 = 4pp
    Aged27-37 = 3pp
    Aged38-47 = 2pp
    Aged48-57 = 1pp
    Aged58+ = 0pp

+

0pp = inactivity

+

taller than 5ft 10 = 2pp

+

add 10% of your weight
    10+3+4+1+16=34pp

Im sure if you were stuck you could use this as a rough guide, but I'm not sure that this is accurate either. Maybe it's based on the American system or something. Nursing and exercise are not taken into account when ww calculate daily points. You get a set amount extra each day for bf, and earn extra for exercise too

Thank you.

hiya,

+

Aged17-26 = 4pp
    Aged27-37 = 3pp
    Aged38-47 = 2pp
    Aged48-57 = 1pp
    Aged58+ = 0pp

+

0pp = inactivity

+

taller than 5ft 10 = 2pp

+

add 10% of your weight
    10+3+4+1+16=34pp

I'm pretty sure that's the old system. When I use it to work out mine it gives me 22pp and the lowest you can be on is 26pp.

Thank you.

I checked it on my ww calculator but to be accurate you really need to include your ages, but for a bloke in his thirties with those stats it would be 42/43 any older and it would be less younger and it could be more

that online calculator put me at 30, and using the formula put me at 27. my ww calculator put me at 29

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Yeah that calculation gives me 22 pp, so I wouldn't be sure of its accuracy, someone could end up on too little pp. I thought the calculators worked out ur pp, but I've no idea how to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Thank you.

I checked it on my ww calculator but to be accurate you really need to include your ages, but for a bloke in his thirties with those stats it would be 42/43 any older and it would be less younger and it could be more

that online calculator put me at 30, and using the formula put me at 27. my ww calculator put me at 29
    Thanks. That's what I thought. I havnt seen an accurate online formulae yet.

Where do you get the ww calculator and how much are they.

I got mine in class, I think they're around a tenner but u can get them on ebay too

I use an app called ultimate vaule diary and that calculated my daily pp when I set it up, I can't get bac to recalculate others pp because its set up 4 me, I find it a better app than the iwatcher that I was using before, it has a very comprehensive online database of foods and their pp as well as both a food and activity calcuator.

Had a bit of a treat for brekkie, a cinnamon and rasin bagle (country kitchen stores was the brand)which was 5pp, toasted it and spread some choc philly on each side!!! A gourge treat 4 7pp.
    Lunch is going to be a tin of salmon and salad, then headin off a run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

So I'm just back from a 2 week trip to a music festival in Spain and am SERIOUSLY dreading WI on Monday, I feel sick thinking about it... I feel like I've put on at least half a stone, no joke, and was 2 pounds away from goal... Not a happy camper at all, have definately fallen off the wagon... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

For those of u who have done/are doing 30 day.....do you do it everyday or mix it with other exercises??

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Taz1 wrote: »
    So I'm just back from a 2 week trip to a music festival in Spain and am SERIOUSLY dreading WI on Monday, I feel sick thinking about it... I feel like I've put on at least half a stone, no joke, and was 2 pounds away from goal... Not a happy camper at all, have definately fallen off the wagon... :(
    Taz don't stress, it's a long year so you've plenty of time to get to goal, everyone deserves a holiday!:-) I'm off this week& know I'm gonna put weight on but it's about coming back and getting straight back into routine ! Keep d chin up&go to your meeting Monday & start again, you mightn't have done as much damage as u think:-)

Evening y'all!! Hope every1s had a good weekend??!!! :)

Had a fairly good weekend WWwise, went to the cinema last night, shared popcorn with my friend and gave it 12, based on what i found in the old thread, that only used up 8 weeklies as i had 4 dailies left when i went. Got out 4 my c25k run aswel and it was definatly my best yet, felt reslly good doin it, can really see a marked improvement in my fitness!!:)

Decided to have a F&H day 2day as i couldnt resist the cooked brekkie in work, had 2 bacon medallions,2 hard boiled eggs and some baked beans!!!
    Was a bit bold this afternoon, i was baking cupcakes 4 a friend and i couldnt resist a bit of 'quality control' tasting aswel as a fair bit of bowl and spoon licking!!! ;) i gave it 10pp and i hope that covers me!!

For my tea tonight i had a really tasty bowl of brown pasta with a homemade creamy chunky veggie tomato sauce!!! Used a dollop of halffat creme fraiche to make it creamy!! Really satisfying on a miserable night like tonight!!!

Iv 29weeklies left for this week with my WI on tues, so happy enough with that, hoping to see a nice loss this week!!! Fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Good Morning Peoples,

I head a hectic week but pulled it back just in time. On Wednesday my head was melted from the whole diet thing and I had a blow out of sorts and ate 49 weekly points in one evening on top of my daily 54 points. If had not done it I prob would have been down more today but I needed it for perspective. I also have not been drinking enough water so I have upped it significantly over past 4 days.

Starting weight (male) : 17st 13.2lbs
    Height : 6ft 5
    Begin date: 28/05/2012

Last weight on 16/7/2012 : 16st 2.6lbs

Todays weight : 16st 1.0lbs

Total weight loss : 1st 12.4lbs or 26.4lbs

Still so happy to have pulled it all back together and being back on track for week 8.

Morning all,

delighted with life, after my first week of going down to 26pp per day which was a challenge, I'm down 3.5 lbs!

I also drank water to beat the band, but its all worth it! So onwards with 26pp!

So have had a majorly hectic week. Out for dinner on wednesday and had cake. Then had my book club on friday and was pretty good except at the end when i dug into the low fat hummus. Then lunch out on saturday and finally heading out for dinner again tonight. So far have eaten all my weeklies and not gone over. Gonna be very good tonight at dinner - dont even want to go but we have family visiting from bulgaria and its the only chance I will get to see them.
    Hoping the crazyness wont affect weigh in tomorrow because despite how much I have had on I have been pretty good at counting everything.

I dont want a gain this week as I am off to knockenstocken on friday and 3 days camping at a festival is almost a guaranteed gain. Anyone any ideas on how to deal with this and keep damage limited?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

If you're going to a festival try to bring some healthy snack food like bananas and low fat cereal bars, that sort of thing.

A lot of the festivals these days have healthy food options which is great! The big thing is the drink I guess, but you can only do what you can!
    Just don't forget to enjoy yourself!!

Do you have any idea of the PP in hummus??
    I sometimes buy the little 3 packs of low fat hummus in Tesco and have never really pointed them properly!

dammitj wrote: »
    If you're going to a festival try to bring some healthy snack food like bananas and low fat cereal bars, that sort of thing.

A lot of the festivals these days have healthy food options which is great! The big thing is the drink I guess, but you can only do what you can!
    Just don't forget to enjoy yourself!!

Do you have any idea of the PP in hummus??
    I sometimes buy the little 3 packs of low fat hummus in Tesco and have never really pointed them properly!

1/4 of a big pot is 4pp so I tend to count 1tbsp as 2pp. Thats the tesco branded one pointed from the packet.

Def bringing some fruit and cereal bars. Going to try and limit my drinking a bit too - though def gonna have one night where I dont care. Also hoping to do lots of dancing and moving that will burn some of the calories off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Hi all,

I'm new here really. I did use an old thread of yours for a while and now I'm back for more support. I don't really have the hang of boards.ie so bear with me if I break any rules!

I'm going to WW for years and years and although I have reached my goal weight a few times, I'm about 10 lbs above it now and really struggling to get back there.

Every day I start off well, pointing my breakfast and having fruit for my mid morning snack (usually). Lunch can be ok too but usually I loose it mid afternoon, stop pointing and say 'ah I'll do better tomorrow'. But its an ongoing cycle.

Any help to break this and get back to my old excellent willpower would be great. Do we loose willpower as we get older? Is it like loosing our hair???

Help me please!

Advertisement