Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I'll pass the message on next time I see than no having a laugh while in work! ��

Mad idea, four of them could have a laugh and the fifth could go to the desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Shemale wrote: »
    ...while you wait over an hour for a form to be stamped. ...

I am completely baffled while this is still done by Garda on duty in active stations. Its like something from the 1950s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Some poor soul in ongar is going to wake up this morning to see their 2011 VW passat with its passenger window smashed and the top of the door bent back.

The car had a big yellow steering wheel lock and they still done this damage.

Least they still have their car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Reports of food delivery drivers and taximen being attacked by groups of youths in the Clonsilla/Ongar areas over the past few nights. Some have been left hospitalised. David McGuinness FB page if anyone wants to have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Can't see anything on the FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Can't see anything on the FB page

Its there I have seen it go onto his page and click visitors posts its the latest one.

Thanks, found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

They're breaking into empty house in Manorfields, starting fires in parks and robbing phones from kids in Hansfield littlepace area.

Can't wait for mid term to be over.

Nalz wrote: »
    They're breaking into empty house in Manorfields, starting fires in parks and robbing phones from kids in Hansfield littlepace area.

Can't wait for mid term to be over.

Mid term is over

• Advertisement

Whats the Neighbourhood Watch organisation like in the affected areas?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Liberal is a piece of s**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a piece of ****. Story is probably completely made up or has tiny element of truth to it, such as the Gardai existing.

Don't give that absolute trash of a website any page clicks.

Unless Pat you want to win an iPad, I believe the odds are great for winning one there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The "Liberal", gotta love that title given who's behind it, is a piece of ****, no debate on that.

A good pointer to see if there's any element of truth is checking other media for it. If they have the story you know where they stole the story from. If they haven't, it's probably made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Murt10 wrote: »

That's exactly what I'm hearing from friends, and locals.
    This needs to be stamped out quickly or the area will go down quickly.

I'm not surprised though, especially with the high amount of non nationals and the ghetto type of accommodation in a certain parts of D15.

I'm hearing a African family in social accommodation in tyrrelstown got moved to littlepace due to continual antisocial behavior and this chaps mates have weekly meet ups and cause murder in and around ongar.

I'm only saying what I've heard in person and read on facebook and facebook resident groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The "Liberal", gotta love that title given who's behind it, is a piece of ****, no debate on that.

A good pointer to see if there's any element of truth is checking other media for it. If they have the story you know where they stole the story from. If they haven't, it's probably made up.

A made-up story in The Liberal? Shocker;

https://www.buzz.ie/news/theliberal-ie-have-been-caught-out-for-posting-fake-inaccurate-and-downright-racist-news-218878

• Advertisement

Lets get one thing clear here folks... Regardless of how bullshítty the articles were in the past on this website, this article posted is far from lies. Trust me on that. Wish it was bull but it's not.

This usual nod wink stuff is tiresome. Without naming names or races, what has been witnessed going on in the area and where? What is being done to address it? What can ordinary folk do to help?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This usual nod wink stuff is tiresome. Without naming names or races, what has been witnessed going on in the area and where? What is being done to address it? What can ordinary folk do to help?

Witnessed has been several phone thefts at knife point, house break ins and squatting in abandoned houses, shop robberies, taxi robberies at knife point and delivery vans. Pretending to be delivery men and barging into houses... I could go on. My mate recently joined a WhatsApp group for the area and he sends me on pics and videos. Some people go o.t.t on small time incidents (none like the above) and the group can be noisey, so he mutes it. I'm not going to join it.

Apparently some of them are in a gangster rap video from a year ago filmed in Tyerllstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Witnessed has been several phone thefts at knife point, house break ins and squatting in abandoned houses, shop robberies, taxi robberies at knife point and delivery vans. Pretending to be delivery men and barging into houses... I could go on. My mate recently joined a WhatsApp group for the area and he sends me on pics and videos.

Thats great. Plenty of evidence for AGS, should lead to some convictions.

Apparently some of them are in a gangster rap video from a year ago filmed in Tyerllstown.

Pathetic little scrotes.

In terms of practical advice, are there any particular repeat locations that these events are occurring, so that people can guide themselves and their families? Any modus operandi? What numbers are we talking about in this gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gio2

Hansfield secondary school broken into last night. A lot of damage windows smashed and doors kicked in but very little taken. Probably the same little thugs responsible

I know the owner of the Chef takeaways (Tyrellstown, Ongar and Coolmine) quite well and he himself told me one of his drivers were attacked by a group of people up around Ravenswood a few weeks ago.

I think today is the first day in 13 days that I haven't got a text/WhatsApp or forum update regarding gangs or incidents in Dublin 15.

Feels strange! Maybe they're all preoccupied with the match lol

• Advertisement

I think today is the first day in 13 days that I haven't got a text/WhatsApp or forum update regarding gangs or incidents in Dublin 15.

Feels strange! Maybe they're all preoccupied with the match lol

What lists are you on!

Advertisement