Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off topic golf thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

ForeRight wrote: »
    Giggs pass
    RVP touch and finish

*drools*

Never seen another footballer as good as van Persie at killing and then volleying blind passes coming in over his shoulder. I would reckon that's the toughest skill in football. Some player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Never seen another footballer as good as van Persie at killing and then volleying blind passes coming in over his shoulder. I would reckon that's the toughest skill in football. Some player.

I played a huge amount of soccer when I was younger and would agree that dealing with a ball coming over your shoulder is by far the most difficult skill to perfect regardless of whether you're looking to volley or control it. Van Persie's touch was disgustingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,711 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

link_2007 wrote: »
    I played a huge amount of soccer when I was younger and would agree that dealing with a ball coming over your shoulder is by far the most difficult skill to perfect regardless of whether you're looking to volley or control it. Van Persie's touch was disgustingly good.

He reminds me so much as Denis Bergkamp - no coincidence they are both Dutch.

Sorry for old clip with odd corny music - but he was before HD. (lol)

Van Persie had a shocker of Euro 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Barnes: Ireland didn't call Henry a cheat when he handled.....

Emmm yeah we did.

ESPN really rolls out the most bias dinosaurs for matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,991 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

the lawman wrote: »
    Barnes: Ireland didn't call Henry a cheat when he handled.....

Emmm yeah we did.

ESPN really rolls out the most bias dinosaurs for matches.

was watching that shouting at the TV..."Yes we phucking did!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

Suarez is the best player in the PL

Suarez is the best player in the PL

I'm a 'pool fan - but there will be nobody again like Torres, when he first arrived.

Owen and Fowler had something like that, but not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

RVP best player this season so far
    Suarez very close behind.

*worms explode everywhere*

RVP best player this season so far
    Suarez very close behind.

*worms explode everywhere*

A bit easier for RVP than Suraez IMO.

Suraez playing his heart out for a **** team ???????
    RVP as in Euro 2012(where was he?) plays when it is handy.

A bit easier for RVP than Suraez IMO.

Suraez playing his heart out for a **** team ???????
    RVP as in Euro 2012(where was he?) plays when it is handy.

Was it handy with arsenal last season when he single handedly dragged them through the season similar to the way Suarez is doing with Liverpool this season.

Messi hasn't did it at international level yet. Are we to dismiss his achievements too?

• Advertisement

- Return to work after Christmas break

- Turn on laptop and open email account

- See the number of emails that filter through

- Close email account and start searching the internet for potential summer holiday destinations.

Was it handy with arsenal last season when he single handedly dragged them through the season similar to the way Suarez is doing with Liverpool this season.

Messi hasn't did it at international level yet. Are we to dismiss his achievements too?

Wouldn't agree that Messi has not had a great International career. He is young still. Has scored over 30 goals.

Suarez, unreal international career - 2010 world cup, 4th with Uruguay.

The Dutch, well, we know they are tempermental when it comes to international football.

Anyway, hard to agree anything when it comes to football, too many vested interests and sentiment.

Wouldn't agree that Messi has not had a great International career. He is young still. Has scored over 30 goals.

Suarez, unreal international career - 2010 world cup, 4th with Uruguay.

The Dutch, well, we know they are tempermental when it comes to international football.

Anyway, hard to agree anything when it comes to football, too many vested interests and sentiment.

Don't make me fall out with you. Ill smash up your fridge!!!!!

Don't make me fall out with you. Ill smash up your fridge!!!!!

Cool.

As for Torres ---

Cool.

As for Torres ---

He is finished as a world class player.
    Unreal for a season or two. Pretty sad to see his decline really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

- Return to work after Christmas break

- Turn on laptop and open email account

- See the number of emails that filter through

- Close email account and start searching the internet for potential summer golf holiday destinations.

Fixed that for you Link

He is finished as a world class player.
    Unreal for a season or two. Pretty sad to see his decline really.

Sad - was the best I ever seen at Pool that first few seasons , was the best in PL too at that time. Jesus, the goals he scored, week in week out. Top corner or side net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

charlieIRL wrote: »
    About time I replied here, apologies for the delay - wonky laptop with wonky keys don't help.

Happy New Year CharlieIrL .

Heres a wonkey joke for your wonkey laptop !

Dak

What do you call a donkey with one leg?
    - A wonky donkey

What do you call a donkey with one leg and one eye?
    - A winky wonky donkey

What do you call a donkey with one leg and one eye making love?
    - A bonky winky wonky donkey

What do you call a donkey with one leg and one eye making love while breaking wind?
    - A stinky bonky winky wonky donkey

What do you call a donkey with one leg and one eye making love while breaking wind, wearing blue suede shoes?
    - A honky tonky stinky bonky winky wonky donkey

What do you call a donkey with one leg and one eye making love while breaking wind, wearing blue suede shoes and playing piano?
    - A plinky plonky honky tonky stinky bonky winky wonky donkey

What do you call a donkey with one leg and one eye making love while breaking wind, wearing blue suede shoes, playing piano and driving a bus?
    - F***ing talented

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I really hope you copy and pasted that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I really hope you copy and pasted that!

Sure Did! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

well a new "E" key arrived today which took a total of 3 days to come from the states!! New Record. Now to fit it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Anybody here wear the Adidas ATV 360 shoe? What are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Luap wrote: »

Don't have those exact ones but do have a pair of Adidas golf shoes that would probably be a slightly older version of the above. They are probably one of the most comfortable golf shoes I've worn and a good fit. The only flaw I have with them is the 3 stripes and not joined to the actually shoe, they wrap around it, so they tend to pick up a fair bit of dirt, grass etc. Its a bit of nuisance when cleaning them

Is that golf talk I see?

tumblr_lpqjgje8uS1qeoyau.gif

Do you mean for breakdancing or doing salsa, they are good - only joking - this is not golf here. It is the dancing forum.

But, had a pair of Adidas last, fell apart, could not believe it.

Have gone to Footjoy. Ok so far, but not as dry as expected around laces.

You can do an evil moonwalk in the footjoy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Bought a pair recently, have worn them three times and found them the most comfortable shoe yet. Fantastic grip too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Christ on a bike TV3 really have some dreadful programmes! I know they are privately owned but come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Christ on a bike TV3 really have some dreadful programmes! I know they are privately owned but come on!

Haha. But the big homegrown drama Monday night was brilliant. Deception it's called. So bad it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Missus watching that Xpose prog on TV3 this evening. There was an interview with a couple of those airbags from Tallafornia. Interviewer asked which 'TV3 celebrity' they'd like to have in the house? Good God, dumb meets dumberer.

• Advertisement

Missus watching that Xpose prog on TV3 this evening. There was an interview with a couple of those airbags from Tallafornia. Interviewer asked which 'TV3 celebrity' they'd like to have in the house? Good God, dumb meets dumberer.

Mad show that. Was watcing, waiting for V.B. , one girl went away with them without drinking, amazing she could go on holiday with that gang and not drink. Stay at home would be my tip.

Watching Vincent Browne now - the abortion debate seems to be a debate amongst extremes.

Advertisement