Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

bear1 wrote: »
    The thing about 9/11 that just doesn't make sense is the pentagon footage.
    Not a hope that damage was done a plane.

One of the most important buildings in America and not one bit of concrete footage of a plane going into it. Saw another YouTube video talking about that. They showed the damage close enough and there was no chance of it being a plane I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Not for building 7

the first building in the world to collapse due to a few minor fires scattered around a few various floors. (co-incedently the same building that was housing the FBI's investigations into various Wall St. irregularities)

The video evidence on building 7 suggests a controlled demolition, with most demolition experts calling it the perfect demolition.

Building 7 falling

It really couldn't have fallen any better.

There is no mystery

The overwhelmingly strongest theory is that building 7 fell due to unchecked fires
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_of_the_World_Trade_Center#Collapse_of_7_World_Trade_Center

There is no other substantiated theory that even comes close. Same for 911.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

The thing about 9/11 that just doesn't make sense is the pentagon footage.
    Not a hope that damage was done a plane.

So where's the plane then? Can that by my favourite unsolved mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭bear1

sozbox wrote: »
    So where's the plane then? Can that by my favourite unsolved mystery

Apparently it went into the pentagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Flight 77 went into the Pentagon

Unfortunately, directly after the attack conspiracy theorists went into overdrive producing some (quite convincing) material doubting the attack - this stuff went completely unchecked for quite awhile

It's only later that people actually made an effort to (easily) debunk it.

e.g. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

100 ft into it...it seems

People are having issues with the scale of the pentagon.
    https://www.google.co.nz/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4365662/amp/FBI-pictures-reveal-aftermath-9-11-attack-Pentagon.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

KKkitty wrote: »
    I saw a YouTube video that might shed some light on the towers the way they collapsed. The heat of the jet fuel coupled with the sprinkler systems on all floors caused the heat from the fires to be magnified by enough to compromise the structural stability of the steel beams. The video used the example of adding water to a frying pan with hot oil. Other videos had people who said they heard sounds like bombs going off at regular intervals like what would happen with a controlled demolition. It's hard to know what to believe with 9/11 though.
    Not for building 7

the first building in the world to collapse due to a few minor fires scattered around a few various floors. (co-incedently the same building that was housing the FBI's investigations into various Wall St. irregularities)

The video evidence on building 7 suggests a controlled demolition, with most demolition experts calling it the perfect demolition.

Building 7 falling

It really couldn't have fallen any better.
    Controlled demolitions take months and months of preparation. There is absolutely no way that even ninja's could've sneaked in for months and planted the required explosives for this to happen. The terrorists simply got lucky that the planes caused so much damage.

There will always be people who prefer to believe in a conspiracy despite all the evidence to the contrary. It's like those anti-vaccers who are still convinced that the MMR causes autism, despite the doctor being discredited and struck off. It's even got to the stage where some people think all vaccines can cause autism :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Watch building 7 falling, the penthouse falls into the interior of the building before the outer structure starts to collapse, that is not a controlled demolition. In controlled demolitions the charges all go at the same time so the building doesn't topple over. It falls into its own footprint. Trying to do a controlled demolition in two stages is not possible, the first set of charges would destroy the cabling etc. for the second set of charges.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Controlled demolitions take months and months of preparation. There is absolutely no way that even ninja's could've sneaked in for months and planted the required explosives for this to happen. The terrorists simply got lucky that the planes caused so much damage.

There will always be people who prefer to believe in a conspiracy despite all the evidence to the contrary. It's like those anti-vaccers who are still convinced that the MMR causes autism, despite the doctor being discredited and struck off. It's even got to the stage where some people think all vaccines can cause autism :rolleyes:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but as you said once certain seeds of doubt are planted some people will think anything that they believe to be plausible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Stigura

Stigura wrote: »

That's a news magazine, not a scientific journal. The article is not peer reviewed so holds as much weight as a Sunday Independent Lifestyle feature. Somehow they forgot to mention WTC7 was hit by a falling skyscraper which left a gigantic hole as well as starting huge fires.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

I'd say there are at least two people to whom that is not a mystery.

Yes. The dogs on the street know who was responsible there.

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHh11T9isJWCjwyqysm0lFyoVWbHunzuukPNH_puM0_ZHZyPy-

https://youtu.be/RjGYSGbAEUM

That video is a few years old but one or two of those look legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Why is it that women like bastards? This has been a mystery to me all my life.

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    That's a news magazine, not a scientific journal. The article is not peer reviewed so holds as much weight as a Sunday Independent Lifestyle feature.

Are all your own sources peer reviewed scientific ones?

Are there any peer reviewed papers or articles that have credible scenarios which support controlled demolition? Not the ones published by conspiracy theorist groups of course. There's plenty that support airplane impact, structural and fire damage.

Beyondgone wrote: »

I'm a woman and I don't understand most other women. We're fed so much rubbish in the media. It's almost like women are bigger douches than men these days. We're not all that bad though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Female ejaculatin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Beyondgone wrote: »

That was solved, you need to become a bastard.

• Advertisement

Okay. You're evading the question completely. Understood. Now, let's not side line This thread any more or there'll be uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Okay. You're evading the question completely. Understood. Now, let's not side line This thread any more or there'll be uproar.

Are you having a conversation with yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The Chase quiz show- Bradely rips the absolute p!ss out of The Beast, calling him huge and an eating machine, Anne for being frostyknickers and like something from the dinosaur era and Sean for being boring and having no friends.
    But he never ever slags off the other guy- Paul Sinha. I watch it daily and its really obvious that he lets the Sinha off with no slagging at all. Weird!

The Chase quiz show- Bradely rips the absolute p!ss out of The Beast, calling him huge and an eating machine, Anne for being frostyknickers and like something from the dinosaur era and Sean for being boring and having no friends.
    But he never ever slags off the other guy- Paul Sinha. I watch it daily and its really obvious that he lets the Sinha off with no slagging at all. Weird!

Its a mystery why anyone would watch that awful show. Its up there with pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Female ejaculatin.

Now if you had said female ejaculation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭pavb2

The Poison Pen Letters

Was listening to this on a podcast earlier very intriguing.

http://unsolved.com/archives/poison-pen-murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

[SOLVED]
    In october 2014 on the andoran - spanish border, in broad daylight, a border patrol officer disappears.
    See First picture evidence by google maps own camera car.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4325827,1.4679522,3a,75y,271.51h,58.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLKEDqb0iJZJ56BKh3cq0pg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Note. proximity of following cars. Running man between van and truck. proximity of car/jeep in front.

Then note 2nd picture.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4325284,1.4678511,3a,75y,347.98h,55.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sj7iuCOswSkt2SisQwfsH6Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Note. proximity of traffic. Running man has passed 3 car lengths.
    Where did the officer go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^ He's still in the same place. Turn the picture around and you can see him behind the other officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭oneilla

sKeith wrote: »
    In october 2014 on the andoran - spanish border, in broad daylight, a border patrol officer disappears.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4325827,1.4679522,3a,75y,271.51h,58.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLKEDqb0iJZJ56BKh3cq0pg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Note. proximity of following cars. Running man between van and truck. proximity of car/jeep in front.

Then note 2nd picture.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4325284,1.4678511,3a,75y,347.98h,55.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sj7iuCOswSkt2SisQwfsH6Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That's an odd one that had me confused for a few minutes, not least because the officer is then seen again in the same spot in the next image. But missing officer is still there in the second link but his body is blocked from view by the officer with his sleeves rolled up - zoom in and look at the hat, there's two peaks and they're facing a different direction. Also, increase your brightness and look at the ground and you'll see the missing officer's shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

sKeith wrote: »

Then note 2nd picture.

Are you for real? This si your favourite unsolved mystery?

Advertisement