Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Birth of a new club......

1235»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can add a poll if you guys need further advice on this, but it looks orange to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Ah I wouldnt worry about those two (Raam and Lusk)!
    They are cut from the same cloth.
    Orange Cloth!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

bcmf wrote: »
    Ah I wouldnt worry about those two (Raam and Lusk)!
    They are cut from the same cloth.
    Orange Cloth!

Have a box full and trust me in real life they're red.

RobFowl wrote: »

I meant Raam and Lusk are cut from the same cloth

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    I meant Raam and Lusk are cut from the same cloth
    Raam and LD are commies:confused:

Actually come to think about it - one of them does seem to spend a lot of time in Eastern Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    Raam and LD are commies:confused:

Actually come to think about it - one of them does seem to spend a lot of time in Eastern Europe

Blast. I've been exposed!

....and the first expulsion is about happen.Lusk Doyle dissing the kit and a founding father.
    Close the door on yer way out.

I changed my FB profile pic. Happy now?

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I changed my FB profile pic. Happy now?
    It has gained you a small reprieve!

And it was more a wonder out loud as to why the orange? An ironic homage to Swords?
    Its red.
    Raam wrote: »
    It looks orange.
    Its Red.
    Raam wrote: »
    It looks orange.
    Looks orange to me

I've an Assos rainjacket that say's it's red, but it blends in very well with my orange helmet ....
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    Of course, it's red. As I've said before, it's THE correct colour combination.
    Can add a poll if you guys need further advice on this, but it looks orange to me
    It has gained you a small reprieve!

Yea, it's defo not red!

331368.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Velo Club Balrothery has the first of hopefully many club nights last night.
    We had Paddy Doran, one of Ireland most experienced coaches out and he gave a healthy crowd (far higher than we expected) an interesting and informative talk on training in general with some nutrition advice as well..
    There was a lively question and answer session and a general feeling of enthusiasm among those there both for the new club but also for the sport in general.
    We'd like to thank Paddy most sincerely for giving the talk and also to all those who turned up.
    I've bee in and about cycling and club for over 30 years now but have to say the general feeling towards cycling is healthier now then I can ever recall.We'll certainly be organising more of these in the future and hope other clubs continue or start talks like these as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

^^^^^
    Would agree with that, well done to everyone involved, a very informative talk and a fantastic turnout .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

^^ Paddy is a top bloke , had him with us for a day a couple of years back. We got some great info , great time for everyone from the competing to the sportive cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

Any more thoughts on a touring section?
    Haven't been out since before xmas what sickness, dark evenings, and bad weather (and some laziness) but I will be out today, and after I get into a routine I might be interested in joining up, but nothing too strenuous.

It is something I have mentioned and certainly want to get off the ground by mid spring. I think its just a matter of getting the right people in place and as the weather (at some stage) improves making it happen!

How was the hr zone for you today bcmf?

How was the hr zone for you today bcmf?

It was controlled.
    Foe once I paid attention when someone was trying to impart their knowledge in my direction.

It was controlled.
    Foe once I paid attention when someone was trying to impart their knowledge in my direction.

You looked like you were in zone 4 just listening to him!

But when I thought of a question I went into Z6.

Advertisement