Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yawning sensation in my ear?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea what this is? I've had a yawning sensation in my right ear all day. It feels like I'm yawning, but not - Kinda gentle air pressure in my ear. It's not sore, very mild - Just curious as to what it might be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

First thought is, ear infection.

What ever it is, get it checked out, probably nothing to worry about but best to be sure/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

K cheers, will pop down to the docs tomorrow if its still there.

dlofnep wrote: »
    K cheers, will pop down to the docs tomorrow if its still there.

Have you been swimming or taken a flight recently?

Nope, not swimming or flying. It does kinda feel like water is in my ear though, but it's not water. But now that you mention swimming - the sensation does feel a little closer to water. Certainly not water though!

dlofnep wrote: »
    Nope, not swimming or flying. It does kinda feel like water is in my ear though, but it's not water. But now that you mention swimming - the sensation does feel a little closer to water. Certainly not water though!

OK, well again it would appear that ear infection is the most likley candidate.

The one and only ear infection I've been diagnosed with was (I believe) was a consequence of not drying the ear out properly after a shower and then heading out on the beer on a very cold night.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

off to the GP with you dlofnep if your concerned. Ears are funny things, you never really notice you've got them til something goes a bit awry with them.

This is getting locked now, as no-one here could or should be giving diagnosis on your issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement