Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Money found on commute

• 20-04-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

This morning along the canal a sum of money flew out of the pocket of the cyclist about 20m in front of me. I stopped, went back and got it and tried to catch up to him. I would have caught him if he hadn't broken the red turning left at Lesson St bridge. I broke it too in an effort to catch him but as there are numerous ways to go after that left turn I couldn't see him any longer.

On the off chance he's a member of this forum I thought I'd post this in an effort to return it.

No chancers please, you won't be able to guess the sum of money. Only the owner will know it, also I know what kind of bike it was and I'll be looking for approx times etc, there are also some other details I can ask about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Give it to charity and you match it..... and treat it as a fine for breaking the red light!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dowee wrote: »
    This morning along the canal a sum of money flew out of the pocket of the cyclist about 20m in front of me. I stopped, went back and got it and tried to catch up to him. I would have caught him if he hadn't broken the red turning left at Lesson St bridge. I broke it too in an effort to catch him but as there are numerous ways to go after that left turn I couldn't see him any longer.

On the off chance he's a member of this forum I thought I'd post this in an effort to return it.

No chancers please, you won't be able to guess the sum of money. Only the owner will know it, also I know what kind of bike it was and I'll be looking for approx times etc, there are also some other details I can ask about.
    Long shot but if you and he are on Strava run a Flyby and click Flyby locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

@Wishbone Ash - Good idea, but I wasn't using Strava at the time.

@miller63 - I did feel dirty for doing it, I've washed myself numerous times already but can't seem to wash the shame off.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

You tried. Keep it. Karma

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dowee wrote: »
    @Wishbone Ash - Good idea, but I wasn't using Strava at the time..
    If you have the time/motivation/curiosity check to see if there is a Strava segment there, filter the leaderboard to today, check if anyone was passing at the approx time you were and run a FlyBy on their ride.

.....or just let it rest in your account!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Try the Same time, same place tomorrow approach and then on Wednesday you leave ten minutes earlier and sit and watch/stalk for 15 minutes.
    After that keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

If you find him, race him for it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Keep it. A higher force was at work here...if the money hadn't fallen out you wouldn't have gone back for it and would have continued on your journey where something would have happened which the higher force didn't want to happen. It's fate, keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Keep it. A higher force was at work here...if the money hadn't fallen out you wouldn't have gone back for it and would have continued on your journey where something would have happened which the higher force didn't want to happen. It's fate, keep it.

So the force was with him.......???????? :pac:

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Has it occurred to anyone else that this might be an elaborate ruse? The OP might be Finian McGrath trying to get the ball rolling on fixed-penalty notices for red-light jumping. Inspiration: the Simpsons' police raffle boat sting. It all ties up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Type 17 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing

Advertisement