Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BSG : Blood & Chrome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,156 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sad in the extreme.

Webisodes of 2/3 mins each? Meh to be honest.

Would actors really be bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

if thats the case i have no interest in seeing it whatsoever. lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

While I was always excited about B&C, I was nervous that the shift towards action might make it much more one dimensional when compared with BSG and Caprica.

I'm excited to watch the pilot, but the idea of a web series is even more of a turn off.

What a pity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

CONFIRMED, B&C is dead....but we'll probably see the pilot in the Summer: http://tvline.com/2012/03/21/battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome-syfy-passes/

YT trailer link dead....this one works: http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/leaked-battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome-tr

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

noodler wrote: »
    Webisodes of 2/3 mins each?
    Is there a source for this? I would have thought that they'd do full length, or at least 20/30 minute episodes.

If they do that it could work really well. If they make it easy to watch, and in good quality, there'd be zero need for torrenting or using other streaming sites. With the popularity of BSG they could get some impressive numbers and possibly attract decent ad revenue. It's way past time someone launched a proper TV series on the web, and this could be the very show to do it, and do it right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll wait till it's released in full, and then watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

http://www.youtube.com/user/MachinimaPrime
    "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome Trailer" - New Machinima Prime Series
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj50xJhWdcM
    Published on Nov 5, 2012
    Quote: "Holy frak. Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome will FINALLY be released THIS FRIDAY on Machinima Prime. Follow young pilot William Adama in the First Cylon War and his first adventure aboard the Battlestar Galactica."

From a post on IMDB "in ten 7-12 minute minisodes"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this.

What is Machinima Prime, is if a premium / pay for service or is it free?

Trailer seems ok, but the sheer amount of CGI puts me off and doesn't really get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Volvagia wrote: »
    Wow, I had completely forgotten about this.

What is Machinima Prime, is if a premium / pay for service or is it free?

Trailer seems ok, but the sheer amount of CGI puts me off and doesn't really get my hopes up.

Machinima Prime is a Youtube channel similar to Vevo. It's free afaik, just subscribe to the Blood and Chrome promo video and the webisodes will appear on your page when they are published.

As the series is only being broadcast on the web it was always going to be heavily CGI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Enjoyed that!

They seem to have gone for the JJ Abrams school of lens flare though. Censoring some of the language is annoying too. Bull and ass.

Still, good stuff.

i am going with the 1080p webrips on this one guys!

I don't see the point in ten-minute episodes, you barely sit down to watch them and they're already over. Will wait for the whole thing stitched together in Jan or whenever.

i am going with the 1080p webrips on this one guys!

YouTube stream goes up to 1080p as it is. Looks great.

I watched both last night, while we dont know alot about the plot yet i think visually it looks superb. Almost all GCI, if not entirely green screen. The shot of Adama looking out the window and panning to the Galactica was astonishing.

The detail, visually eye popping. While not exactly lens flare they do use extensive bright white lights for the laubch bay and other scenes, imo i think this is deliberate to reduce the green screen composite look, or because the CGI shotsmight not be great quality and thus this distraction distorts any visual imperfections.

The white lights are overpowering and headache inducing imo, i assume the unrated Blu-ray will have some boobie shots in that shower scene + unbleeped cussing.....that French bird is something else though!

I must Google her :-) ....its early days but i like what i see thus far.

4.5/5

i assume the unrated Blu-ray will have some boobie shots in that shower scene

Wouldn't be surprised. Couple of those shots looked a little tightly cropped, just above the boob. Was wondering if there's not an uncensored wider angle waiting for the Februrary release.

The most annoying thing about that is that you've got to think about what else might be getting cut along with boobs and the naughty words. Didn't seem to make much of a difference though.

They lumped episode 3+4 into one video this week....nearly 18 mins :)

They are releasing two a week for the next three weeks.

noodler wrote: »
    They are releasing two a week for the next three weeks.

Yup...much better that way :) - ep. 3/4 was great but next weeks Nov. 23rd looks to have an EPIC battle! :D

So they had a fleet hiding and a mission on an ice planet, the CGI was fantastic...really high quality, cant wait to see them nuke it out next week!

4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Secret Mission upon which ultimate victory depends...on an ice planet. Is this the lead up to the Razor flashback webisodes we saw during BSG back in '07...Husker rescuing human guinea pigs from the Cylon Skinjob development program. That was on an ice planet wasn't it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

um
    that was a bit of Kobayashi Maru scenario in the first ep, ignoring the virtual non-threat of radition

The amount of reoccurances from the main series is crazy!

Narcho looked a carbon copy though - they could have given him a different role/look!

Really enjoying this I have to say. on 720p on the laptop screen most of the scenes look amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Yeah it's awesome. Kind of have to watch the old one by the time each new one is released just to keep up though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

:eek::eek::eek:

Just discovered this existed and wathced ep 1.
    What is the deal with this anyhow ? Web only ? Movie coming ? what??

Must. have. more. awesome.
    MOOOOOOAAARRRRREEEEEEEE :D

Just discovered this existed and wathced ep 1.
    What is the deal with this anyhow ? Web only ? Movie coming ? what??
    Must. have. more. awesome.

Yeah, kind of a runaway success with the viewing figures they are getting on YouTube.
    DVD with extra bits is out after Christmas as far as I know.
    Maybe the Scy-Fi channel are going to change their minds about a series ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

TheUsual wrote: »
    Yeah, kind of a runaway success with the viewing figures they are getting on YouTube.
    DVD with extra bits is out after Christmas as far as I know.
    Maybe the Scy-Fi channel are going to change their minds about a series ?

One can dream!!!!

One can dream!!!!

Well the response on YouTube has been amazing, and very positive.

Depends if they have the cash for a mini-series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched these and very impressed so far! This HAS to be greenlit for a full series!

How many eps are there and what's the release schedule?

Advertisement