Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

tesco clubcard points question

Options
  • 21-07-2014 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it illegal to pick up Tesco receipts that other customers leave behind them and ask customer service to add the uncollected points to your own card. A Tesco security guard told me at the weekend it was 'fraudulant activity' when I tried to do it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Illegal - no; against their T&Cs - probably.

Its not the few cent that they're caring about; its the fact that you're making your purchase profile useless for data mining which is the sole reason the scheme exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

ok thanks I wasnt sure if it was illegal or not. feck their terms and conditons gonna keep doing it.
    the security guard was going looking up cameras at the time the transactions were made. Its a small store and the security guard mustnt have much to do. probably thinks hes going to uncover a international clubcard points scam or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

swipe the receipts, stick them in your pocket, and next time you go shopping, hand them in at customer service on your way in. that way, nobody is watching what you do!

Thats what I usually do. I had about 5 receipts all about 10 minutes after each other at the same till so they stood out a bit. I done that before and customer service never blinked an eyelid. May be a bit smarter next time.
    Ha the security guard will probably follow me around the store in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

If there was 10 cent on the ground would u stoop down to pick it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

MYOB wrote: »
    Illegal - no; against their T&Cs - probably.

For the record

17. Members must present their Clubcard card or key fob at the checkout in order to collect points for a transaction in store. Members who forget to do this may have their points added manually up to 14 days after the transaction upon production of a valid receipt, providing the receipt belongs to the claiming member and is based on their personal spend. Points may only be claimed for up to two receipts per day.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/help/terms-and-conditions/#points

If there was 10 cent on the ground would u stoop down to pick it up?
    No.
    I collect tesco points so I can x4 to use on stenaline or Irish ferries. They build up pretty quickly without you noticing especially when you add other peoples few euro receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ei9go

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    No.
    I collect tesco points so I can x4 to use on stenaline or Irish ferries. They build up pretty quickly without you noticing especially when you add other peoples few euro receipts.

I collect for the 4X deals as well

Get a Tesco Credit card if you don't already have one. You will multiply your points by about 3 times if you use it for everything.

On petrol you will get 3 times the points.

Advertisement