Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VW Stereo Headunit

Options
  • 07-02-2014 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Guys,

Am looking for a VW stereo like the one below for my car but can't seem to find a place in Ireland that sells and install them anyone no of somewhere that does this?

Many thanks

BrianCar-Stereo-GPS-Navigation-for-VW-font-b-Volkswagen-b-font-font-b-Passat-b-font.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

RNS 510
    Ebay.

Also
    Wrong Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

That's the cheaper Chinese copy version of the RNS 510. Much cheaper to buy but they can be very hit and miss when it comes to reliability. I looked into them a bit due to the fact that they are half the price of the genuine RNS 510 but after reading a few negative reviews online I decided to go with the proper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

^ Exactly why I suggested a genuine one from Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

There is a place in Athlone that does both (original and chinese) and installs also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

TMC99 wrote: »
    There is a place in Athlone that does both (original and chinese) and installs also

Can you PM me with details? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Will you have to change the aerial to get the satnav working? I was thinking about getting one of these for my 09 octavia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

You need a seperate GPS antenna which usually comes with them. If not they are cheap to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

jca wrote: »
    Will you have to change the aerial to get the satnav working? I was thinking about getting one of these for my 09 octavia.

Simple to fit to an Octavia. You'll need a new trim surround (50 quid from a dealer), but the antenna goes behind the dash. Pop the air vents off and stick it securely underneath them and pop back in. Takes about 10 minutes tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

TMC99 wrote: »

Would also like the details of this crowd please :)

Advertisement