Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Aidric wrote: »
    Looked through the field there. Recognized 6 players.

It's the One Asia tour, how many were you expecting to know :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's the One Asia tour, how many were you expecting to know :confused:

Aidric wrote: »

Did you count Harrington :p

66 in round 2, currently tied 2nd with Chris Wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Christ, Harrington is +3 after 9 holes back in T43. Worst front 9 by anyone presently in the top 50.

Whatever hopes of easy ranking points (only a few available at this event) have evaporated.

Really hoped he could really have kicked on today.

• Advertisement

Brutal stuff today, lost 8 shots to Wood on front 9. No consistency to put 4 rounds together.

Tied 46th, 11 off the lead!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Tied 46th, 11 off the lead!!!!

Now that's really disappointing. I've always been a huge fan and I've always been hugely optimistic about his chances of turning things around, but even I'm beginning to get seriously worried about where his game is going. Maybe he needs to do a Sergio and take a few months off.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

abff wrote: »

Now that's really disappointing. I've always been a huge fan and I've always been hugely optimistic about his chances of turning things around, but even I'm beginning to get seriously worried about where his game is going. Maybe he needs to do a Sergio and take a few months off.

This is definitely a new low to be that far off the pace in a tournament of this caliber. Appauling performance. Yes there was 2 solid days of golf but he's 41st in a tournament with players outside the top 1000 in the world. The best thing for Padraig is to go right back to basics play a bit more golf on the European tour with weaker fields hopefully pick up a bit of confidence. lose the rubbish with the glasses and the brain hat and the space age putters. It's a body full of talent. ok he's not naturally gifted in the long game department and I was all for revamping his swing initially so he could build on a better base than what he has. but his short game, he was naturally gifted. one of the most gifted in the history of the game and now look at him. because of all this rubbish he can't chip he can't putt and he cant put a few rounds together.

I'm obsessed with the man. but it's gone too far now. He needs to stop this nonsense. he's digging deeper and deeper and getting further and further away from his talent.

8 birdies in last round.

67 - 66 - 75 - 66

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

slave1 wrote: »
    14 under, 34th place finish

Must be a mental thing, got himself up there, pressure was on Sat and he crumbled. Once he had played himself out of contention he then played well again. Frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

was he wearing the hat and glasses this week?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    was he wearing the hat and glasses this week?
    A hat yes, the hat no. Also wore glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sorry lads - too much sport this weekend.

Where was Paddy playing ?

Sorry lads - too much sport this weekend.

Where was Paddy playing ?
    Thailand open, co sanctioned by One Asia and Japan pga.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Trampas wrote: »

Seems a bit mad to me. I mean surely they have the spec recorded and can just rebuild ?
    Maybe I'm over-simplifying....or maybe Harro had spent years oiling and filing and singing to his last driver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

alxmorgan wrote: »

Seems a bit mad to me. I mean surely they have the spec recorded and can just rebuild ?
    Maybe I'm over-simplifying....or maybe Harro had spent years oiling and filing and singing to his last driver :D

I think this is what's wrong with ph and his mental challenge.

Should be able to get a new driver made to fit in a day. Probably since he's in Asia he can't get to foregolf for a fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Trampas wrote: »
    I think this is what's wrong with ph and his mental challenge.

Should be able to get a new driver made to fit in a day. Probably since he's in Asia he can't get to foregolf for a fitting.

He didn't win €50 in thailand for the fitting either....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

shaneon77 wrote: »
    He didn't win €50 in thailand for the fitting either....

Do the Thais not accept GUI vouchers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

As a fan of paddy, i like hearing that he has the distraction of a new driver

Remember when he won the open in 2008, he had the distraction of an injured hand, and couldnt practice in the days leading up to the tournament

Remember he won the pga in 2008, with the distraction of being dehydrated

Now he has the distraction of a driver which is not working, and with Augusta starting soon, this is a reallly good omen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Straws. Grasping. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MungoMan wrote: »
    As a fan of paddy, i like hearing that he has the distraction of a new driver

Remember when he won the open in 2008, he had the distraction of an injured hand, and couldnt practice in the days leading up to the tournament

Remember he won the pga in 2008, with the distraction of being dehydrated

Now he has the distraction of a driver which is not working, and with Augusta starting soon, this is a reallly good omen

Sorry, but hasn't he got a distraction almost every other week.

I think it's wishful thinking at the very best, the belly, the hat, the glasses are all recent distractions that haven't brought any success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

So now he's been driven to distraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MungoMan

ajcurry123 wrote: »

Sorry, but hasn't he got a distraction almost every other week.

I think it's wishful thinking at the very best, the belly, the hat, the glasses are all recent distractions that haven't brought any success.
    You are toally missing the point :)
    The hat , glasses, belly are deliberate premeditated distractions

The driver issue is different, paddy did not want a driver issue. Its the unwanted distractions like the sore hand in 2008 and being dehydrated for the pga and now the driver issue which can bring out the best in ph

-3 after round one in Malaysia.

5 out of 14 fairways hit with the new driver.

-3 after round one in Malaysia.

5 out of 14 fairways hit with the new driver.

5/14 isn't great but those stats can be misleading (i.e. a 320 yd drive that rolls 1 inch into the semi rough counts as a miss while a 220 yd - 4 iron onto the fairway counts as a hit)

Do you know what his greens in regulation stats were? Did he have any penalty shots or out of bounds?

-3 is not a bad score. I really hope he can put in 4 solid rounds this week.

PRAF wrote: »
    Do you know what his greens in regulation stats were? Did he have any penalty shots or out of bounds?

GIR 13/18.

• Advertisement

GIR 13/18.

Not bad at all. If you can hit 13 greens every round, you won't be going far wrong as long as you can hole a few putts

And what was his average distance from the pin for iron shots inside 150 yards

Just kidding:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement