Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Heard on the radio this morning that Ajanta has been named as the best takeaway in Leinster by Just Eat: http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/irelands-best-takeaways-revealed-has-your-favourite-made-the-cut-35140411.html

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭muloc

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Heard on the radio this morning that Ajanta has been named as the best takeaway in Leinster by Just Eat: http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/irelands-best-takeaways-revealed-has-your-favourite-made-the-cut-35140411.html

haven't been in years.....is it really that good?

muloc wrote: »
    haven't been in years.....is it really that good?

No idea, have never gotten anything out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I've eaten there a few times and I do enjoy it, they must have a loyal following to get enough votes to win something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Got a takeaway there recently because of the award and threw it out. Myself and my daughter both agreed the food was horrible. Felt like there was a lot of sugar in the sauces where they were supposed to be creamy. Very disappointed as it wasn't cheap either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

got a vegetable dish out of there a couple of years ago and it was really cat. The sauce was like soup and the vegetables were straight out of a packet of mixed frozen vegetables! Obviously havent been since, and its a shame because the 2 times I had been before that the food was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Went to fairly newish cafe on West St. Ordered cappuccino and a slice of apple pie.

Bad enough that the cappuccino was luke warm, but when I bit down on the a portion of the pie I got a horrible crunchy sensation in my mouth.

Spat out a 1cm long pointed chard of glass.

Went in a fairly vexed, but controlled manner back to counter. Staff shocked and apologetic. Member of staff said that they buy all their pies in and that she would give me the name of their supplier.

As if. Insisted on getting the contact details of the manager/owner as I suspect it's done some damage to a dental crown. Only got a first name and a mobile written down on a piece of paper and handed to me.

Will most definately see this through. Is it OK for me to name the cafe on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is it OK for me to name the cafe on here?

I wouldn't think so, sounds like an awful unfortunate experience though, a bit odd they brought the supplier into it I would think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Aarav Swift Schoolmaster

I tried Aisha's Cafe & Bistro for the first time at the weekend. Very busy coming up to Xmas. Service was good but took a while to take our order and for the food to arrive which was fine as we were in no rush.
    Had a starter and main and the food is fantastic with very big portions. Had to doggy bag half the food and it made for a nice lunch the day after!:)
    Highly recommend and i will be back for sure. 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Another negative for Ajanta I'm afraid. My parents tried it last weekend because they seen the award they won in the paper. They said it was fairly awful and they wont be going back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was in Annie's today. I think the food is really good value (€8 for a Sandwhich a good chunk of chip shop style chips, and a coke) and really tasty. Admittedly, Mom seemed to get food poisoning the next day, so she's put off now :/ I've never had an issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DDad2009

It's been a while but went to Sorrento's before Christmas - really nice! Service was quick and friendly - great walk-in option.

Went to Annie's on Saturday with my mam for lunch - it was rotten :( Service was dreadful - appallingly slow. People who came in after us were served and finished before our food had even arrived. Mam got a Chicken Caesar Salad & I had the Club Sandwich. Both had turkey in them instead of Chicken. Highlighted it to the girl at the cash desk & to the manager, both of whom refuted that they had any turkey on the premises. Manager went off to check and never came back. Then mam was speaking to other diners who said they'd been in the day before and the same story - turkey instead of chicken and they were told that they had no turkey in the place either! Won't be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭gipi

Went to Annie's on Saturday with my mam for lunch - it was rotten :( Service was dreadful - appallingly slow. People who came in after us were served and finished before our food had even arrived. Mam got a Chicken Caesar Salad & I had the Club Sandwich. Both had turkey in them instead of Chicken. Highlighted it to the girl at the cash desk & to the manager, both of whom refuted that they had any turkey on the premises. Manager went off to check and never came back. Then mam was speaking to other diners who said they'd been in the day before and the same story - turkey instead of chicken and they were told that they had no turkey in the place either! Won't be back.

Where is Annies?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Annie's is in the Meatmarket Lane, which is the laneway at the side of Penneys in West St

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭andrew1977

gipi wrote: »
    Where is Annies?

Meatmarket lane, down the lane way beside Penneys which links west street to Dyer street.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

The staff in it are horrendously bad, very impolite. Couldn't care less if you enjoy your food or not

• Registered Users Posts: 28,913 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Went to Bru today, got the Bruless menu. 2 for 1 . There was 4 of us 4 main courses and 4 coffess came in at just over 30 euro. I had the risotto, my mam had the salmon and my dad had the cottage pie. Clean plates all around. We will go back, very pleasant staff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I miss Bizou :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

whelan2 wrote: »
    Went to Bru today, got the Bruless menu. 2 for 1 . There was 4 of us 4 main courses and 4 coffess came in at just over 30 euro. I had the risotto, my mam had the salmon and my dad had the cottage pie. Clean plates all around. We will go back, very pleasant staff

Was in Bru myself only a few weeks ago, food was pretty good and service was excellent. Great choice on the menu too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I miss Bizou :(

I miss Mildred's.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

furiousox wrote: »
    I miss Mildred's.

I miss the hot pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I Miss Kings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I miss four laterns

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I miss four laterns

Great entertainment in there at 3am on a Saturday night haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I miss Fusciardis.

The chips as well as Galaxian and Tank Command!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭enricoh

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I miss four laterns

Even when locked at 3 in the morning the food tasted bad, I shudder to think what it was like if one was sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Nah I shudder thinking about Jumping Jacks and how I survived eating there..

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Ordered two things from Casanova (spaghetti bolognese and carbonara). Both were quite tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I'm in Drogheda years but none of those places meant anything to me! I am a blow in, even after 10 years! :D

Advertisement