The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 416 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-10-2014, 22:23   #6226
aonb

was sitting playing in the window with new kitten, looked out when kitten froze and FIVE cats trooped down our driveway!!! 3 adults, 1 teenager and 1 kitten Went out in the car this a.m and a tiny black kitten dashed across the road All feral! Poor little cats There are so many about at the moment its just horrifying
Advertisement
30-10-2014, 22:37   #6227
SingItOut

<snip>

My idiot neighbours who let their dog run loose in the village (tried to bite me a few times) just got a new kitten. It can't be more than 6 months old so it shouldn't be out alone anyway, it's been at our house all day annoying the cats and dogs. I fed our cats and the poor little thing was starving so I gave it a bit to eat, it hasn't gone home all day nor have its owners came looking for it. There's no point in me bringing it back to their house as it'll only follow me back home. I don't want it thinking it can eat here as bad as that sounds, I just can't afford another mouth to feed!

Last edited by DBB; 30-10-2014 at 22:47. Reason: Removed response to deleted post
Yesterday, 09:10   #6228
tk123

Dropped Lucy into the vets to be spayed. Her little face looking out the window at me wondering what was going on!! ... Although she was doing her best to get to the toy on top of the crate in their halloween display moments before so hopefully she'll settle lol!!
(5) thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:20   #6229
SingItOut

Good luck Lucy!

New cat was still outide our house at 2am screeching! It must have finally went home as its not here this morning. Poor vogue was tormented by it all day yesterday, even when she was Inside she could hear it!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 17:20   #6230
tk123

OOOOps!!! She got up on the couch already(!)

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 17.18.44.png (193.4 KB, 63 views)
Advertisement
Yesterday, 17:38   #6231
DBB

Aww bless
Good to see her home though
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 17:44   #6232
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBB View Post
Aww bless
Good to see her home though
Odd going into the back of the vets to find my dog fast asleep in the crate - instead of practically jumping into my arms to be taken home! She had the vet bed pushed to one side like she does here lol
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:19   #6233
mymo

Fire is lighting, all the cats and dogs are snoozing, and my daughter has gone out to a party as Ms. Death (dog was a bit unsure of her skull makeup).
I have peace and quiet, remote to myself for the evening.

Until I have to find my way back to the very remote, half way up the mountain, party house I dropped daughter at.
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:24   #6234
muddypaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymo View Post
Fire is lighting, all the cats and dogs are snoozing, and my daughter has gone out to a party as Ms. Death (dog was a bit unsure of her skull makeup).
I have peace and quiet, remote to myself for the evening.

Until I have to find my way back to the very remote, half way up the mountain, party house I dropped daughter at.
Oh I remember those days, being all cosy for the night, and then having to go out to collect kids from various places. Funny that I don't miss that
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 22:31   #6235
willmunny1990

Having an argument here about the law, is it true if a dog bites somebody on your private property, for example your house, you can't legally be forced to put it down? Is that true?
Yesterday, 23:07   #6236
DBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmunny1990 View Post
Having an argument here about the law, is it true if a dog bites somebody on your private property, for example your house, you can't legally be forced to put it down? Is that true?
Not necessarily true.
If a dog bites you, regardless of location, and you decide to pursue it, it *could* end up being put to sleep by a court ruling.
But, there are potentially a lot of steps before that stage, depending on how willing the owners are to fight their dog's case.
None of those potential steps are affected by where it happens, although a dimmer view would be taken if the dog was in a public place and not under effectual control when the bite happened.
However, if a trespasser on your property is bitten, and you as the owner can show that all reasonable steps had been taken to avoid a person legally on your property getting bitten, then it's a civil case of trespasser vs you, and they have to prove negligence.

Edited to add: herecs a link to the relevant legislation:
http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1986/...0021.html#sec2

Last edited by DBB; Yesterday at 23:52.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size