Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your Online Bookmaker Of Choice

• 08-06-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I was wondering how many online bookmakers the users of this forum have placed a bet with in the last 6 months?

Do you have a favourite bookmaker for a specific market or bonus offer like Bet365 free e50 in play from time to time, ect?

How many online bookmakers have you placed a bet with in the last 6 months? 40 votes

0% 0 votes
    7% 3 votes
    25% 10 votes
    35% 14 votes
    27% 11 votes
    5 or more
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I like BetVictor for specials markets, Paddy Power for enhancements and in play handicaps, Bet365 for the 50 free bet in play, Pinnicle for the limits, Bwin for the wincasts, Totesport for the first/next goalscorer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bwin are actually decent for something? I find their prices on 90% of markets abhorrent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Bateman wrote: »
    Bwin are actually decent for something? I find their prices on 90% of markets abhorrent

Do they still charge a fee for making deposits? Tried with them once and that put me off so didn't open the account in the end and haven't been back since. Although, don't think they've ever been top price on Oddschecker for anything I was backing since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah I think they do. They gave me €20 free a few years ago, which I got up to around a monkey and withdrew half before losing half, they haven't given me any freebies since then strangely enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Never had a depsoit fee with bwin, and they are consistently (like 90% of the time) the best value for the wincasts.

• Advertisement

Austria! wrote: »
    Never had a depsoit fee with bwin, and they are consistently (like 90% of the time) the best value for the wincasts.

Hmm, I'm almost sure there was one. May be somebody else I'm thinking of. Was definitely one of the non-Irish/UK bookies.

On topic: Good to se the majority appear to be shopping around and dont just stick to one bookie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Bwin charge 2% on Visa Debit cards anyway I know that, some methods there is no charge

Gillington wrote: »
    Bwin charge 2% on Visa Debit cards anyway I know that, some methods there is no charge

Ah, OK. That's what I use so makes sense that I saw a fee and others didn't.

I always thought most firms in all lines of business preferred debit card payments over credit cards. I know Ryanair charge a higher fee for credit cards and Aldi or Lidl at one point wouldn't accept credit cards at all but did take Laser.

Anyway, I digress

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭PuntersAdvice

It seems like the majority of viewers are suspicious about answering an anonymous poll.

Good to see that there is a good percentage of people shopping around.

What is your preferred method of moving your balance around?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm the only one to do 5 or more:o Suprised at that with odds variating so much for the WC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I just use bet365 because IMO it's the best designed site with the best UI

Advertisement