Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interesting/Disturbing BMW Rumour...

• 14-02-2008 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

Edit: please delete thread.

It's too vague information to be posting. Will wait for more info.

Apologies

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

AudiChris wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of you guys have any decent contacts in BMW?

I heard from a friend, who was talking to a cousin's colleague's friend's brother-in-law

Sorry. Stopped reading after this...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

MarkR wrote: »
    Sorry. Stopped reading after this...
    And started typing...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

could have been juicy, tell someone not named after a competitor and they can post it chris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

copacetic wrote: »
    could have been juicy, tell someone not named after a competitor and they can post it chris!

That's exactly it - I have vested interests, I think I'll stay out of the "rival manufacturer rumours" department. Stick to what ya know.

</thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

PM it to me if you like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Now you've got us even more curious. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yeh since you edited the post im really curious...............jeez its killing me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Killing me too, but I'll take a guess that it is someone in BMW saying that instead of reducing their prices, that they will put up the spec instead, something we all know to be completely untrue, or is it something else:D?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Or maybe that they will up the list price on some models by €3,000 before reducing it by 8,000 so only giving a saving of €5,000 rather than the €8,000 people are expecting....

I've been told what this supposed rumour was about and suffice it to say it's nothing worthy of mention, so let's leave it at that please.

• Advertisement

TJJP wrote: »
    Or maybe that they will up the list price on some models by €3,000 before reducing it by 8,000 so only giving a saving of €5,000 rather than the €8,000 people are expecting....

Why would the MD of BMW Ireland tell us in the Auto Ireland that a 320d ES will be yours from €40,781 in July, and a 520d SE will be yours from €46,190 in July, compared to €47,800 and €54,250 respectively now then if this was true(coincidentally:rolleyes: the decreases in both cars mentiond are roughly €8,000 based on today's price)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

E92 wrote: »
    Killing me too, <snip> or is it something else:D?
    E92 wrote: »
    I've been told what this supposed rumour was about and suffice to say it's of no real value, so let's leave it at that please.

Jees, didn't take you long to loose the sense of humour. I'll go back to my homework now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

I hear that Carlos Ghosn is contemplating purchasing BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

The rumour is that Giovanni Trapattoni is to take over as general manager of BMW, after Pat Kenny agreed to pay have of his salary.

Advertisement