Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Volvo s60

Options
  • 14-02-2008 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Was just looking at autotrader in the UK, as I'm thinking of getting a volvo S60 at the end of the year.

Saw a 2004 model for about 7000E on the site.

When I used the VRT calculator, I got this:
    STATISTICAL CODE: 41089096
    MAKE: VOLVO
    MODEL: S60
    VERSION: 2.4 D5 SE 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    MILEAGE: 60000 MILES

VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €6350

That's almost the same price as the car! Is that correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

VRT isn't based on what you paid for the car, it's based on the market value of the car here.

How much would that same car cost on carzone or the like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Sounds about right, that car would cost about 20k if bought in Ireland.
    VRT rates will be different by the end of the year, so check the emissions of the car and work it out from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

That sounds very cheap. I was just looking at some and they seem to go for 6500 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Lads, I am selling mine in the coming months and ready to do a great deal cause want cash to cut deal and get new Ford S Max for the clan and don't want to have to trade in.

It ain't the diesel but is a 2.0T, Auto, Silver, Leather, SE spec - well looked after too:D and has approx 83K Miles with Volvo FSH all the way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

That sounds very cheap. I was just looking at some and they seem to go for 6500 pounds.

Have been watching them also and anthony4335 seems about right. OP are you sure you're not looking at pounds rather than E?
    Ones like that will not quite make E20k here unless your are easily parted from your cash, but its not far off. Pity to import one now tho rather than wait until July where the VRT and annual tax on the 2.4D will save you a tidy amount. (If you were thinking of the petrol engines though, import it before that).

• Advertisement
Advertisement