Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-07-2014, 03:12   #2041
CrazyRabbit
Registered User
 
CrazyRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Darkside of the internet. Truly pointless
Posts: 8,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Just back from walking my dog and noticed a red hyundai accent with two white males 20's driving around Parslickstown, very slowly as if they were looking for someone or something, I asked them if they were lost and they sped of fairly sharpish. Could be nothing, could be something, have never seen them before but keep a heads up. I have the the full reg, its a 99 D car.
To be fair, if I met my evil twin, I'd probably run away as well!
CrazyRabbit is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2014, 13:37   #2042
Dre as in Dray
Registered User
 
Dre as in Dray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Irl
Posts: 5,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Just back from walking my dog and noticed a red hyundai accent with two white males 20's driving around Parslickstown, very slowly as if they were looking for someone or something, I asked them if they were lost and they sped of fairly sharpish. Could be nothing, could be something, have never seen them before but keep a heads up. I have the the full reg, its a 99 D car.

Same Area Thismorning, 2 guys in a louth reg silver kangoo tried to break into a house but were chased off after they got in the front door. Gardai called reg given. But keep an eye out. They have been seen before in the area.
Dre as in Dray is offline  
(3) thanks from:
15-07-2014, 15:29   #2043
Larbre34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dublin 15 - Dublin/Meath/Kildare borders
Posts: 3,329
Heard a second hand report this morning of a number of catalytic converters being robbed off a few trucks and vans overnight around Clonee. Keep an eye on your commercial vehicles folks.
Larbre34 is offline  
Thanks from:
15-07-2014, 16:41   #2044
Dre as in Dray
Registered User
 
Dre as in Dray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Irl
Posts: 5,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
Heard a second hand report this morning of a number of catalytic converters being robbed off a few trucks and vans overnight around Clonee. Keep an eye on your commercial vehicles folks.

I heard about this too. They get about €50 per one that they steel. They are mainly looking for ones from trucks and jeeps .
Dre as in Dray is offline  
15-07-2014, 17:11   #2045
Larbre34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dublin 15 - Dublin/Meath/Kildare borders
Posts: 3,329
Probably getting ten times that on donedeal for them. B*******.
Larbre34 is offline  
Advertisement
16-07-2014, 18:29   #2046
Marcin_diy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre as in Dray View Post
I heard about this too. They get about €50 per one that they steel. They are mainly looking for ones from trucks and jeeps .
If someone is surprised - read about what is catalytic converter made of - precious metals like platinum, palladium and rhodium + aluminium, nickel and copper.
some models can be sold to scrapyards for up to 250 euro.
I do not say that people from some particular countries found easy way for few bob here in Ireland, but it is a fact that this is a serious issue in Poland for example.
Marcin_diy is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet