Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Can you change from the Irish version to the U.S version on the free trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

OSI wrote: »
    Look for Breaking Bad, if it has 4 seasons you're on the US version, if it has 2 you're on the Irish version.

3 seasons only on the US site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Anyone else encountering problems logging into the US Netflix? I got an error message last night of "unable to connect to Netflix" a couple of times.
    Yeh me too, no joy signing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Same here on unblock-us, switched to playmoTV and it is all good again. Maybe unblock-us have figured out how to block us unpaid folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DensetsuRigas

Ronan wrote: »
    Same here on unblock-us, switched to playmoTV and it is all good again. Maybe unblock-us have figured out how to block us unpaid folk.
    I know it's probably unrelated but SOPA Ireland was signed into law today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah Unblock.US not working anymore

Unblock still working for me without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

adox wrote: »
    Unblock still working for me without issue.

Did you pay for it?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Did you pay for it?

No and it's only working with Netflix on PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Still working for me on PS3 - not paying for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

seems to have stopped working for me this morning. hadn't been paying for it either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

the corpo wrote: »
    seems to have stopped working for me this morning. hadn't been paying for it either

On PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sargenem

Hello Guys,
    So anyone have any idea on how to view free netflix (US). I don't have a PS3 (only a PC and an Ipad).
    I was given these setting by a friend but these works only for spotify, cbs, hulu, pandora and amazon IV. I can't access netflix through them.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    DNS 1: 173.199.144.68
    DNS 2: 206.214.214.28

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

sargenem wrote: »
    Hello Guys,
    So anyone have any idea on how to view free netflix (US). I don't have a PS3 (only a PC and an Ipad).
    I was given these setting by a friend but these works only for spotify, cbs, hulu, pandora and amazon IV. I can't access netflix through them.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    DNS 1: 173.199.144.68
    DNS 2: 206.214.214.28

Try the settings here - http://playmo.tv/setup/playstation-3/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam the bastids charged me -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

I have the US Netflix set up and I have instant queue on my PC but not on the PS£.
    I never had to put in an activation code on the PS3.

DOes anyone know how to get the instant queue set up on the PS3???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I'm thinking of giving up on Netflix. I have Eircom broadband and have consistent 5Mbps and over download speeds (from Speedtest), Ping of 41ms and upload of 0.34Mbps. Originally, I was getting everything at High Quality HD. But now, it's usually around High SD. I thought it might be because I use Wireless (Wireless N) to the PS3, so I bought a couple of Net Plugs and now have consistent speeds between the router and the PS3 of around 260Mbit/s. Still no improvement.

I'm fairly sure all the above should allow for high quality HD, so I think the problem might be with Netflix itself. Anyone else seeing this or noticing a reduction in quality? Last night, I could not get quality above Low-Medium SD. The picture was appalling! It's a bit of a failure if they can't deliver the service.

Thanks

I'm with Vodafone getting dowload speeds f between 5 and 6Mbps. I'm using an old Eircom wireless G router and the quality for me is more or less consistent. Usually works its way up to high HD/extra high HD. I'm very happy with the pq of the streams.

Obvious question it, are you sure the ones you've had issues with are definitely HD streams?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was watching something last night and had ****ty picture quality too,no HD at all,did anyone else get charged today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I'm with Vodafone getting dowload speeds f between 5 and 6Mbps. I'm using an old Eircom wireless G router and the quality for me is more or less consistent. Usually works its way up to high HD/extra high HD. I'm very happy with the pq of the streams.

Obvious question it, are you sure the ones you've had issues with are definitely HD streams?

Yes, they are HD streams. I did some more testing and there is no difference between there Net Plugs and wireless.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sargenem

Ronan wrote: »

The only problem is that I don't have a PS3 !!!! :D
    Can anyone help me for a PC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sargenem wrote: »
    The only problem is that I don't have a PS3 !!!! :D
    Can anyone help me for a PC ?

Pony up the money.

anyone else charged yet?

anyone else charged yet?

For what?

For what?

The 6.99 a month

The 6.99 a month

For Netflix? Well yeah you are always going to be charged after signing up for a months free trial. You have to give them your payment details to sign up for the trial in the first place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The 6.99 a month

That's what Netflix costs, after the free months trial.
    I was charged too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

is unblock-us and netflix giving trouble?

or is just that my trial has expired?

how do you sign-up and how do they identify you if you're on dynamic ip?

Well that's that cleared up,I thought ye were all getting it for free :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's looking like we're going to have to disallow talk of DNS workarounds etc... from here onwards as a result of Sean Sherlock's idiotic new copyright laws. Until we get a more in-depth answer, we're going to have to err on the side of caution.

Sorry folks.

Advertisement